• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Disney Discussion Thread

DimeUhDozen

She/Her
Disney-Updated-Movie-Logo-2011.png

Honestly surprised no one has made this yet. Anyways, Disney is a seriously lacking presence on the wiki, and I thought it would be good to give our corporate overlords a place where we can discuss their feature films and other projects of that nature that would fall under the umbrella.​

Putting together a CRT for Mickey that connects the original theatrical shorts, House of Mouse, the comics, Goof Troop/A Goofy Movie, and possibly the 2013 cartoons and onwards. Basically, all of the cartoon stuff is going to be merged.

Would help a ton if somebody did the house explosion feat.

I'm... like actually trash at pixel scaling.
I could Maid, but the last I humbly requested someone to calc something, they respectfully ignored my request. I tried another, no dice (even my colleague "Fireld" had issues doing this too with other Verses that are not Boogs Bonny or Mokey Mause).
Okay so while I may be busy, I can see if I can find someone who can lend a hand.
Putting together a CRT for Mickey that connects the original theatrical shorts, House of Mouse, the comics, Goof Troop/A Goofy Movie, and possibly the 2013 cartoons and onwards. Basically, all of the cartoon stuff is going to be merged.
Okay that's awesome...

I'm guessing no KH connection tho right? If there was a way, that's just as awesome.

I could Maid, but the last I humbly requested someone to calc something, they respectfully ignored my request. I tried another, no dice (even my colleague "Fireld" had issues doing this too with other Verses that are not Boogs Bonny or Mokey Mause).
Okay so while I may be busy, I can see if I can find someone who can lend a hand.
Ok.
Okay that's awesome...

I'm guessing no KH connection tho right? If there was a way, that's just as awesome.
Sorry, there's no way that's happening.

Looking forward for the CRT, Maid.

Mickey's not shown that much in his and Rosa's comics, but some of Carl Barks' stories were loosely adapted in the original DuckTales show (especially a giant robot one where the Beagle Boys handled a situation by their own without their mother).

Like Looney Tunes, a Chip and Dale film on Disney+ also focuses on characters being actors. Quite a random movie I had to watch because my little sister didn't want to be spoiled by social media if you ask.

Last edited:
Ah, dang (in a good way). It seems that Plane Crazy (at least the silent version, though a sound one's visuals are basically the same), The Gallopin' Gaucho and Steamboat Willie are all in public domain now, besides the mouse's earliest incarnation (which means a big part of the trademark is still going on).

Nothing so special, but this felt like an approvable moment for reviving the thread.

Last edited:
Now the question is if any stuff that was in FC/OC VSBW now qualifies on VSBW out of stuff that'd breach fair use but happens to use the public domain incarnation of Mickey Mouse exists over there.

It seems that like Looney Tunes, Mickey appears to be a living toon who comes out of the production cel (from Mickey's Birthday Party), even walking around in a same studio and interacting alongside past selves (that also happened in 1968 and Mickey Mania/Mickey's Wild Adventure). According to a interview (found the source, though some posts' Streamable/Gfycat links are no longer valid), it was said that he can perform his cartoony acts outside the films and is revealed to be an actor (one for Film Pictorial's September 30, 1933 issue claimed he and Minnie are married outside their public careers).

This goes further with House of Mouse showing the original short catalog from 1930's to 1950's (besides that duel with Jafar; though former and next's feats only applies to his gang and Pete, not potentially other verses). Then, there's that recent anniversary short "Steamboat Silly" which acted as the finale to a 2013 cartoon, literally ending with concrete proof about multiple medias such as shorts themselves, films (Fantasia and Fun & Fancy Tree) and many others (Nash Ambassador commercials) as Mickey accidentally released them from the film reels across his history, like a now-PD incarnation had earlier.

Since DimeUhDozen brought up Goof Troop, Max did make an appearance in House of Mouse and those direct-to-video Christmas films as a grown-up, besides Mickey and Donald having their brief moment in a sequel movie (Pete was one of the main characters in a show itself; ironically, they didn't age up that much compared to former).

As said before, some of the media like Clubhouse-like cartoons (despite latter's small references like a plane; even Kingdom Hearts thus far) and comics (especially Italian ones and Barks/Rosa's Donald Duck universe) are better as separate canons for now, though a original 1930 strip (which even adapted Plane Crazy) was handled by Walt Disney and Ub Iwerks at first before Floyd Gottfredson continued it. Unless there are indeed others that were implied to be connected with the films.

However, as we learned from our attempt to connect DC's tie-in comic with the original Powerpuff Girls, perhaps it'll be better for letting it up to wiki staff to decide what we can really use for the canon with a planned CRT above. Especially since we're talking about one of the most famous cartoon characters right here, it'll get quite debatable (LT went by a little easily).

Last edited:
Ngl I'm willing to bet a profile for just Clubhouse Mickey would still be pretty large in size. So how should we treat crossover games like Disney Magic Kingdoms and Disney Sorcerer's Arena, would they be in their own canons?
I believe so.

So far I've deduced that the Theatrical Shorts and House of Mouse (Mickey Mouse Works shorts by extension) can belong in the same canon. The Phantom Blot, a comic-exclusive character, makes several appearances in House of Mouse as a prominent antagonist, so when it comes to Floyd Gottfredson's works, comics can be included in the canon. There may be other comic characters in House of Mouse, but that is the most obvious example I can think of right now.

I believe so.

So far I've deduced that the Theatrical Shorts and House of Mouse (Mickey Mouse Works shorts by extension) can belong in the same canon. The Phantom Blot, a comic-exclusive character, makes several appearances in House of Mouse as a prominent antagonist, so when it comes to Floyd Gottfredson's works, comics can be included in the canon. There may be other comic characters in House of Mouse, but that is the most obvious example I can think of right now.
One of them became public domain

It seems that CGI cutscenes are remade (from developers of SpongeBob: Battle for Bikini Bottom Rehydrated and The Cosmic Shake, more than less).

EDIT: And also available on other consoles and Steam.

Last edited:
Considering that steamboat willie is now in public domain, will that be a problem for it?

Considering that steamboat willie is now in public domain, will that be a problem for it?
I don’t think so. Epic Mickey has a lot more Disney properties than just Mickey and essentially pulls from almost everything from Mickey’s history. So while SW might be public domain, the Mickey in Epic Mickey is more like the red-shorts Mickey design that’s still owned by Disney.

Heh, couldn't say any better timing with a recently revived DuckTales thread (though this most likely means a new Scrooge profile).

Multiversal Scrooge?

Damn.

We should also get to work on Comic-Only Scrooge, 80's Ducktales Scrooge, and splitting him from the video game version as well. I honestly don't know why Capcom Scrooge is merged with his cartoon profile right now.

Btw my revamp of Darkwing is basically done. I just need some feats calced for speed and AP.

Scrooge facing a Multiversal threat was NOT on my mental bingo card lmao.

If Disney ever decides to do an official crossover between their franchises in the same vein as Disney's War: A Crossover Story (which is effectively a Disney exclusive Kingdom Hearts to be really simplistic and is a really good fanfic I highly recommend it if you're interested in a take on the Disney Multiverse) that was actually canon to those franchises and explored the Disney Multiverse, I'd be extremely happy, because I've been hungering for something like that for the longest time now.

I think the Aladdin verse could use a revamp.

I'm planning on going through the animated series and seeing what I can find. Personally, I disagree with the current AP rating for Genie since his Tier 5 feat comes from a size manipulation bit whereas Post-Return of Jafar, he's shown being hurt by lesser things than that. Like, Mechanicles's robots are capable of hurting Genie and I do not think they are anywhere close to being Tier 5.

Scrooge facing a Multiversal threat was NOT on my mental bingo card lmao.

If Disney ever decides to do an official crossover between their franchises in the same vein as Disney's War: A Crossover Story (which is effectively a Disney exclusive Kingdom Hearts to be really simplistic and is a really good fanfic I highly recommend it if you're interested in a take on the Disney Multiverse) that was actually canon to those franchises and explored the Disney Multiverse, I'd be extremely happy, because I've been hungering for something like that for the longest time now.
Closest we've got so far is Wish... and we know how that went, but we still have to deal with the implications.

The main character is Fairy Godmother from Cinderella but far younger (this movie is a far-off prequel, basically), the big bad becomes the Magic Mirror in Snow White, and the wishes of the movie are alluded to the events of several Disney and Pixar movies, which is why their lazy PNGs of them appear in the credits.

Last edited:
The main character is Fairy Godmother from Cinderella but far younger (this movie is a far-off prequel, basically), the big bad becomes the Magic Mirror in Snow White, and the wishes of the movie are alluded to the events of several Disney and Pixar movies, which is why their lazy PNGs of them appear in the credits.
Ayo for however awfully executed I heard WISH was, I didn't actually think it would go metaphysical with it! That's admittedly cool and the anniversary actually makes sense: It all started with wishes...

Unless you're pulling my leg right?

So Walt Disney himself started as a WISH then? If so that's OP to influence our world... Forgot to ask that the KH Cosmology would expand too probably.

Back