• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Splatoon General Discussion Thread | The Hype For 3

Honestly surprised this wasn't made. With Splatoon 3 coming soon and the World Premiere being active next week, I thought to make this thread to discuss stuff about the game. Whether that be hopes for it, what you want to see in the story or anything else. Of course you can also talk about past games as well.

Also, the big question, what team are you choosing?

8gmws5usloi91.jpg

Just a heads up, the Splatoon 3 demo can be played right now, though you can’t do turf wars till Saturday when the Splatfest starts.

The Splatfest results are in and Team Rock won! This was honesty a great demo and I can’t wait for the full game to come out.

So it appears that the game leaked early. I’m already hearing about some YouTubers posting videos of the final boss. So if anyone doesn’t want to be spoiled for story mode it’s better to stay off it.

So it appears that the game leaked early. I’m already hearing about some YouTubers posting videos of the final boss. So if anyone doesn’t want to be spoiled for story mode it’s better to stay off it.
tbh am curious about the lore so l wont care actually, plus the story mode isnt what l care in splatoon

something happened on a planetary scale at the end of splatoon 3, but if you lose
Haven’t finished story mode yet, so please make sure to use spoiler tags if you or anyone else wanna talk about it.

Anyway, how are you enjoying the game?

Finally beat story mode, and it was so amazing! Really liked how they incorporated Octo Expansion like levels.

in that case, let's talk about powerscaling. Can Inkling/Octoling get AP at least at continent level? or we will only give this level to Mr. Grizz and the giant Smallfry

I mean profiles still have to be made first. We only have Octavio and the Inkling species pages. There’s not even a Splatoon page in general. The verse is solely lacking.

i think we can update the existing profiles. DJ octavio for sure, not sure about Inkling
Planning on making a CRT to add some abilities for Octavio from the story. We’ll probably need to update the Inkling pages as well. Honestly one of us should start making individual profiles for the characters already. Like its so criminal how they’re only those two pages.

Afterwards they’re still feats to be calc’d as well.

TBH I still think we should remove the Inkling page and divide it by agents.

No Inkling canonically has every weapon, and the playable Inkling in each game is explicitly a separate character from the other, as much as we even see the one of the first game being a NPC in 3, and a boss in 2 Octo Expansion.

If anything Agent 3 (Splatoon 1) may be the most busted one, but that's besides the point.

TBH I still think we should remove the Inkling page and divide it by agents.

No Inkling canonically has every weapon, and the playable Inkling in each game is explicitly a separate character from the other, as much as we even see the one of the first game being a NPC in 3, and a boss in 2 Octo Expansion.

If anything Agent 3 (Splatoon 1) may be the most busted one, but that's besides the point.
Make sense. But even though every playable character is explicitly different, they theoretically have access to every weapon or special besides any new ones from future games due to story mode. So wouldn’t their profiles still look similar?

They would look similar, but composite profiles aren't allowed, and if we went only to what's inherent to an Inkling's physiology, there would be too little to index for a verse-specific power page (weapons aren't really inherent to their physiology for starters).

I'm sure Agent 3 (Splatoon 1) would be the exception out of using a good chunk of Splatoon 2-specific specials in Octo Expansion tho, although I'd rather not assume they still have the Splatoon 1 weapons as there's explicit lore on those weapons being confiscated for new ones.

Last edited:
They would look similar, but composite profiles aren't allowed, and if we went only to what's inherent to an Inkling's physiology, there would be too little to index for a verse-specific power page (weapons aren't really inherent to their physiology for starters).

I'm sure Agent 3 (Splatoon 1) would be the exception out of using a good chunk of Splatoon 2-specific specials in Octo Expansion tho, although I'd rather not assume they still have the Splatoon 1 weapons as there's explicit lore on those weapons being confiscated for new ones.
True.

And that's not to mention the abilities specific to certain characters like Frye and Shiver with their animal summons.

Question, is the manga canon to the games?
I’m unsure. The manga is different since there are two Agent 3’s at once. But I haven’t really fully read it. I think for now it’s better to focus on the games until the verse is updated. We could look at the manga at a later date.

Manga is a secondary canon at best, while the plot revolves around the same stuff as the games for the most part, it's easy to notice the appearance of several main characters that only appear in there.

Alright, so I finished applying the abilities to Octavio's page, now all that's left is updating stats. I believe that there are some feats from 3 that can be calc'd which would upgrade them. Speaking of which, while updating the page, I noticed that there was already an Agent 3 page made. Though it's basically a copy paste of the Inkling one besides some stuff about limiter removal, but it's one less page to have to make later on.

Back