• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Discord vs Joker (Ren Amamiya)

I'm cool with an incon....for cartoon Discord. I wouldn't have cared if it was IDW from the start. Swapping over to the comic after the cartoon already had a decent incon just feels like a slap to the face.

Lightbuster30 said:
I'm cool with an incon....for cartoon Discord. I wouldn't have cared if it was IDW from the start. Swapping over to the comic after the cartoon already had a decent incon just feels like a slap to the face.
I changed it back to Cartoon Discord yesterday. I figured you had enough good arguments for him.

Angeltripper said:
He can use it via thought. Though with Joker's Fate Manip + Resistance to PN, Discord may be more inclined to try Power Null and fail. I'm not sure how Joker's Fate Manip actually works though.
Angel can you go more in depth on this part of the thread I think knowing more about this would explain why we switched in the first place.

just ignore the fate manipulation.

As long as were still using Cartoon Discord I'll admit I don't think it's a stomp rather just a realistically hard fight for discord

I will vote joker because Death Hax and resitance to power null

Multipize said:
Angeltripper said:
He can use it via thought. Though with Joker's Fate Manip + Resistance to PN,
Angel can you go more in depth on this part of the thread I think knowing more about this would explain why we switched in the first place.
just ignore the fate manipulation.

As long as were still using Cartoon Discord I'll admit I don't think it's a stomp rather just a realistically hard fight for discord

I will vote joker because Death Hax and resitance to power null
In character, Discord typically goes for snaps when using his magic, but has shown the ability to use his magic via thought. When Discord is bloodlusted, it's assumed that he will use a thought instead of a snap. But yeah, we should definitely get more input from the Persona Supporters about the PN.

I switched at first because with the CRT's, it looked like regular discord was running out of possible wincons. Lightbuster is putting up a good argument though, so I decided it's better that we keep it as it was originally.

He really doesn't snap in character. In fact he reality warps via thinking more than he does snapping. Snapping is just more obvious and noticeable than ya know, thinking, giving off the illusion he snaps more when he really really doesn't.

Joker resists Power Null vía Forget, which is memory manipulation. Other forms of Power Null exist in Royal's final boss, but either Joker doesn't resist that, or the timer on that Power Null is a result of such resistance. In any case, without resist to the final boss' Power Null, Joker shouldn't have any resistance at all as far as this fight is concerned.

If Discord's Power Null is just that, without any extra strings attached, and without Joker's potential resistance, I think it should hit. If Discord just thinks and power-null happens, plus the bloodlust, plus the chaos manipulation, this should be a stomp. I say either remove Discord's bloodlust to give Joker a fighting chance, or Discord wins by thinking Joker to death. As things stand right now, this is a haxstomp of the highest order.

Smashkabab said:
Joker resists Power Null vía Forget, which is memory manipulation. Other forms of Power Null exist in Royal's final boss, but either Joker doesn't resist that, or the timer on that Power Null is a result of such resistance. In any case, without resist to the final boss' Power Null, Joker shouldn't have any resistance at all as far as this fight is concerned.
If Discord's Power Null is just that, without any extra strings attached, and without Joker's potential resistance, I think it should hit. If Discord just thinks and power-null happens, plus the bloodlust, plus the chaos manipulation, this should be a stomp. I say either remove Discord's bloodlust to give Joker a fighting chance, or Discord wins by thinking Joker to death. As things stand right now, this is a haxstomp of the highest order.
Can we remove the power null from his profile cause that's definitley not power null

That is how forget works

It can trigger with moves like headbutt

so that's not power null

It is Power Null because it nullifies a fighter's usage of their abilities. If that's not Power Null, what is?

MrKerf said:
If someone will hit my head and I'll forget how to fight, is it power nullification?
If it keeps you from using magic, like Personas, yes, I believe it is. Forget has no effect on a person's knowledge of how to fight physically, or that they SHOULD be fighting, it just makes you forget how to use your Persona. Therefore, magic.

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Power_Nullification?mobile-app=false

Edit: Editing to better explain what I mean.

ZephyrosOmega said:
Milly Rocking Bandit said:
This might be Joker's last match as a Low 2-C, and before the forum change. Anyways, does Joker have Satanael here?
Is Joker becoming not low 2-C?
Not anytime soon don't worry about that right now

What you need to know is that this fight is now against a non-bloodlusted Discord

Smashkabab said:
MrKerf said:
If someone will hit my head and I'll forget how to fight, is it power nullification?
If it keeps you from using magic, like Personas, yes, I believe it is. Forget has no effect on a person's knowledge of how to fight physically, or that they SHOULD be fighting, it just makes you forget how to use your Persona. Therefore, magic.
https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Power_Nullification?mobile-app=false

Edit: Editing to better explain what I mean.
Unless you can explain forget without saying forget which would make it Memory Manipulation than your edit changes nothing

So, bloodlusted Discord is stomp.

Not bloodlusted Discord is still starting with Powernull tho.

What is Ren starting with again? And can he one-shot Discord?

MrKerf said:
So, bloodlusted Discord is stomp.
Not bloodlusted Discord is still starting with Powernull tho.

What is Ren starting with again? And can he one-shot Discord?
Using his third eye Joker finds out Discord's not a shadow so he takes aim Discord notices him. Ren starts to shoot and gets his gun doesn't do anything. Joker gets power nulled and charismas discord into giving him his powers back then he tries different elemental spells (or makes another gun) depending on which one he's weak to and then eventually death haxs him

The battle is over, and Joker moves o

any questions?

There are other types of powernull besides forget. Whether or not Ren resists is the question though, and as I said earlier, he's likely to resist most things in the verse.

There's likely more than this, but a core mechanic of the game is absorption, nullification, repel/reflect, resistance, and weakness when concerning skills.

I'm 100% sure there's an item or skill which handles nullification. Since there's stuff for repel, absorb, and weaknesses.

That's all I could find. Is that it?

• Dizzy greatly reduces attack accuracy.
  • Forget disables using any Persona skill.
  • Sleep disables action but recovers little HP and SP each turn.
  • Hunger greatly reduces attack power but drains "Big Bang Challenge" and wears off afterward.
  • Confuse: Ignores command and either "does nothing," "throws some money to opponent," "uses an item" or "throws an item to opponent."
  • Fear: Likely to ignore command or run away from non-compulsory battle.
  • Despair: Disables action, loses some SP each turn and renders unconscious after 3 turns.
  • Rage: Increase attack power but reduces defense, ignores command and always uses melee attack.
  • Brainwash: Ignores command and either "heals enemy," "casts buff on enemy" or "attacks ally."

Like I said, it's a most likely kind of thing. Because he has counters for every other core mechanic.

I don't really use those skills or items, so I wouldn't know. Even having played through the game multiple times. (And playing through Royal right now)

Well, none of them is powernull. Forget is the only one that sounds kinda like it needs to, but due to it's nature it isn't.

And, here we are.

Back