• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Discord vs Joker (Ren Amamiya)

Multipize said:
The issue is say that if they both attack at the same time It comes down to which one hits first
Realistically speaking unless the little cutscenes in persona don't count as time past if not than this fact doesn't count at all and I'm just spouting junk

Discord's spells have a shorter casting time which would end the match outright
They're thought-based, they show up on multiple occasions.

If Discord goes for Power Null because of Joker's Fate Manipulation, then what's stopping Joker from one shotting Discord with one of his many 1 hit kill spells via Death Manipulation? Does he need equipment to use spells like that? IDEK if he needs them to 1 hit Discord if he's baseline even.

Milly Rocking Bandit said:
Multipize said:
The issue is say that if they both attack at the same time It comes down to which one hits first
Realistically speaking unless the little cutscenes in persona don't count as time past if not than this fact doesn't count at all and I'm just spouting junk

Discord's spells have a shorter casting time which would end the match outright
They're thought-based, they show up on multiple occasions.
I don't think you understood my question but I'll take that as the movement when an attack during used is just cosmetic flair in the games and that attacks are instant

Resistance to Cognition? It is beyond my understanding.

But yeah, if Akira resists Transmutation than this is it for Discord's wincons.

Oh, Persona spells are malleable, so that's why the animations and looks of spells end up looking different each time. The animations are very much there, but they don't take time.

I believe it depends since it's magic I would say it's Mutation but Joker resist all of them anyway

Discord can't do crap

That would raise another interesting question: can Ren put down IDW Discord? Type 8 Immortality and all.

Angeltripper said:
If Discord goes for Power Null because of Joker's Fate Manipulation, then what's stopping Joker from one shotting Discord with one of his many 1 hit kill spells via Death Manipulation? Does he need equipment to use spells like that? IDEK if he needs them to 1 hit Discord if he's baseline even.
Because they'll get negated too? It's not like Discord negates one specific power.

Ren still resist Powernull. Although I would love to see how Light will turn tables around.

In the type 8 case if Joker can get rid of the part he relies on than he wins

If IDW discord gets him before that than he wins

right. .... right?

Lightbuster30 said:
Because they'll get negated too? It's not like Discord negates one specific power.
But Joker resists Power Null. He can Null joker's gun obviously, but where are his spells coming from? Discord should not be able to Null Joker himself if Joker isn't using some item or artifact.

Angeltripper said:
Lightbuster30 said:
But Joker ressts Power Null. He can Null joker's gun obviously, but where are his spells coming from? Discord should not be able to Null Joker himself if Joker isn't using some item or artifact.
What about the bell?

Angeltripper said:
Lightbuster30 said:
But Joker resists Power Null. He can Null joker's gun obviously, but where are his spells coming from? Discord should not be able to Null Joker himself if Joker isn't using some item or artifact.
His power null is based on negating the logic that allows something to function. Having an item is not required to work and Idk where you got that from.

Literally caused a bad luck spell to fail by removing logic for it to work with. Removing horns is no more powernull than me taking a gun out of someones hand and it's not why he has powernull.

Wait really? I think I remember that, but do you have a link for it?

Well either way, it's up to the people to decide if they want IDW or Cartoon Discord. I'm not gonna keep changing it.

Back