• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Discord vs Joker (Ren Amamiya)

So uh, I don;t think anyone has told me who Ren resisted powernull from. And I certainly doubt he can resist a powernull that can work based on removing logic.

Lightbuster30 said:
So uh, I don't think anyone has told me who Ren resisted powernull from. And I certainly doubt he can resist a powernull that can work based on removing logic.
It doesn't say for joker maybe cause CRT ,and forget wouldn't work on discord so I don't really now how joker would fight (you call it logic removal) I just doubt it would work due to the most abilities in games like this work just because rather than following rules

Well, as I can see, he resist specificly Status Effect Inducement, which includes Powernull. As I recall, there are enemies which are blocking attacks from a certain elements. Like "You cannot use Physical attacks". But I've yet to find a clip of Joker resisting it.

Lightbuster30 said:
So uh, I don;t think anyone has told me who Ren resisted powernull from. And I certainly doubt he can resist a powernull that can work based on removing logic.
Does it matter who he resists it from? And removing logic is physics manipulation, which Ren resists.

Milly Rocking Bandit said:
Does it matter who he resists it from? And removing logic is physics manipulation, which Ren resists.
It's seems like only his Persona actually has that resistance. Does Ren usually start his battles off with his Persona activated?

Hmm, that's interesting. If we assume that defying logic by powernull is physics manip, than will it remove Personas if we target not them, but Ren?

Angeltripper said:
It's seems like only his Persona actually has that resistance. Does Ren usually start his battles off with his Persona activated?
He and his Persona are one in the same. And yes, he does.

Lightbuster30 said:
No it isn't. It's under law manipulation as one of the applications. And yes? It does matter? Because we can then compare Discord's powernull to the one Ren resisted?

Also: Resisting physics manipulation (Which Discord totally isn't doing) /=/ resistance to physics negation. That is a completely different power application. One controls and alters and warps physics. The other negates and turns them off entirely. There are different consequences involved with each application.

I still think it's decisively in Discord's favor since logic manipulation is nothing like physics manipulation. I mean, the spell specifically works by selecting the worst possible event that could happen, and makes it happen, and Discord's chaos managed to negate that logic. Discord clearly isn't referring to the laws of physics.

But whatever. I may as well vote incon if it makes people happy. For cartoon Discord. Cartoon Discord has as many wincons as his IDW counterpart. And until it's proven that Discord's brand of logic manipulation is limited only to the laws of physics (When it was never implied), it's still a wincon for him.

Before we will make any votes again, I would like some opinion from knowledgeble people about Ren's powernull resist.

Ren has resistance to practically everything in persona 5.

So, name a skill or affinity thing and he more than likely has resistance to it.

YungManzi said:
Ren has resistance to practically everything in persona 5.
So, name a skill or affinity thing and he more than likely has resistance to it.
It's just logic removal is hard to explain, and more importantly catorgorize. I can't decide that's why I'm incon

What law manip would discord do start with keep in mind that Joker's Persona attacks still work give the nature of Personas

And he's bloodlusted. Of the top of my head I think he would just turn off gravity, but that's just me.

Also I feel obligated to ask if IDW Discord has type 8 Immortality, And unlike the normal Discord all chaos has to stop comepletely for him to die Flippin comics.

What's Joker's win con?

A: He's bloodlusted. He's going to remove every form of logic if it grants him the win. B: He's bloodlusted. He's not going to turn off the gravity. He'll use anything in his arsenal if he can win. Any power he has; including ones he never uses, becomes a wincon as long as it works on the opponent. C: I'm not acknowledging IDW Discord. I'm arguing for Cartoon, and Cartoon alone Discord. Cartoon Discord >>>>> IDW version (Until the Season 10 Comics happen, which are straight up stated to be canon)....I loathe the comic profiles. I know I promised I'd stop arguing about it, but IDW will always be canon to me, and I hate to see the profiles separate from the Cartoon.

Lightbuster30 said:
A: He's bloodlusted. He's going to remove every form of logic if it grants him the win. B: He's bloodlusted. He's not going to turn off the gravity. He'll use anything in his arsenal if he can win. Any power he has; including ones he never uses, becomes a wincon as long as it works on the opponent. C: I'm not acknowledging IDW Discord. I'm arguing for Cartoon, and Cartoon alone Discord. Cartoon Discord >>>>> IDW version (Until the Season 10 Comics happen, which are straight up stated to be canon)....I loathe the comic profiles. I know I promised I'd stop arguing about it, but IDW will always be canon to me, and I hate to see the profiles separate from the Cartoon.
First things first I meant could joker win this fight

Secondly Discord is the show and comic discord have seperate rules like the weird immortality rules that differ between them

Lastly without stated type 8 immortality cartoon discord gets death haxed and dies immediately , So please use IDW Discord

Sorry for talking about win-cons so much I just want to make sure both characters have a chance

Win cons aren't why they win it's a method to beat them that's feasible

If they don't have that then it's a stomp and the thread goes down

Yeah.... Okay, a scenario for them to win is a form of their victory not a victory condition itself - meaning that is an outcome for them to win but when describing a scenario on who wins, I think its decided on who has a better average

Okay lets break it down

1 - What are the win cons for both 2 - Any resistances to the haxes 3 - If no win cons stated, then a stomp in favor of who got any 4 - I see speed are = and Discord bloodlusted - now we should include this ( I think blood lust means anything a person does to win no matter what meaning mind haxes will not truly affect them If i missed anything lemme know

Multipize said:
secondly Discord is the show and comic discord have seperate rules like the weird immortality rules that differ between them

Lastly without stated type 8 immortality discord gets death haxed and dies immediately
Or he, ya know, think-negs his death hax along with all his other powers? Seriously, that death hax you showed don't look thought based in the slightest. And wierd immortality doesn't make them seperate characters.

Lightbuster30 said:
Multipize said:
secondly Discord is the show and comic discord have seperate rules like the weird immortality rules that differ between them

Lastly without stated type 8 immortality discord gets death haxed and dies immediately
Or he, ya know, think-negs his death hax along with all his other powers? Seriously, that death hax you showed don't look thought based in the slightest. And wierd immortality doesn't make them seperate characters.
I don't what kind of power null Joker resisted, but the one you mention relies on lack of immunity to laws and matter manip which Anubis has. He can't stop Joker from doing the thought based action canonically it is thought based and the castings don't take real time (It would look more like this) it's just like that because video game it's just as fast as discord because speed's =

TL;DR Discord can't hit Anubis

Um, no it doesn't? It relies on negating laws and logic. You said Persona's only resist laws of physics specifically. And you still haven't proven that reistance to manipulation of laws = resistance to negation of laws. Prove it's game mechanics.

Back