• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dimaria Yesta vs Mega Absol

That's only if Absol chooses to use Me First. Thing is that Absol has a large list of moves that he can choose to use. Meanwhile, Dimaria has a solid starting option.

Detect could prob see the time stop, with the IQ skill Extra Striker, he could prevent that with Me First. Detect is more likely to be used to prevent damage, since Absols normally don't like to fight.

I mean, Detect still needs to be activated, and even then it doesn't save him from Time Stop.

I mean, it wouldn't save, but i was thinking that it would let Absol to know that his foe have an Time Stop

Passive fear manip is also a thing, which will likely make Dimaria act irrationaly and hesistantly at worst. Should give Absol enough time to pull precog + a winning strategy

Fear Manipulation as stated above could also be a detriment as it could also cause Dimaria to act more in line with ending the fight immediately. So she'd be more likely to go for the kill as she'd see Absol as an immediate threat. And again, this assumes Absol doesn't go for say Night Slash, Psycho Cut or something else. Those are also very well within character.

I mean, Intimidator is described as inducing fear to the point where the enemy lost his chance of attack

I mean, people act differently when faced with fear. Not everyone just decides to not attack. Some people enter a mental state in which they go "kill them with fire!".

True, but i feel like that Dimaria would be reluctant in attacking Absol because of the fear for a tiny bit of time, but i never watched Fairy Tail, so don't quote me on that

The fear manip is probably is not going to work as well as it would usually with Dimaria being an experienced fighter and all, but with fear manip being able to kill people usually, it would probably have a decent effect at least.

Just an FYI; Intimidator works on Grovyle, who fits the definition of 'fight, not flight' to a T.

Giving Dimaria Fear would cause to get serious immediately and go for the kill, just wanna point that out

It's not just making them feel intimidated, it's inducing unnatural fear that's enough to make a fainthearted person die on the spot and make brave explorers flinch, unable to attack briefly.

It's not that BS tbh. Just don't put Absol against someone who scares easy and it's manageble.

Schnee One said:
Di Maria didn't go for the kill onKagura because she found her attractive

Absol does not have said Luxury.

Dimaria time stops and hits him until he dies I think
Fra

Basically since it's a pokemon, dimaria can't destroy it's cloth to play with him, she will go for kill as soon as them meet, starting with stopping time

Magic Bounce reflect status inducing moves (you can put some limited sound bouncing here), moves that will chage absol's ability, moves that would change his type, make psychic attacks work on Absol, Power Null, Telekinesis, attacks that would prevent Absol to using some of his attacks (Encore, Disable, etc), Null items usage, status reduction and the moves Spotlight, Embargo and Block. Everything else, Magic Bounce will not reflect

Back