• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Aokiji vs August (8-10-0) / Needs One Piece Supporters to see if it's a Stomp!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ZackMoon1234 said:
Bump

Is this correct

Oh well

Aokiji - 4 (Number1Tryhard, CinCameron20, Rin The Dragon Empress, Rei Rubro)

August - 5 (AnonymousBlank, Schnee One, DragonEmperor23, 1997KD, Kunglao105)
my vote goes to August

put me on this list too

August - 8 (HenryWong, ShadowGun, AnonymousBlank, Schnee One, DragonEmperor23, 1997KD, Kunglao105, Zackra)

Grace started 5 hours ago

Grace is on. If it ends and the difference is less than 3 votes, this is deemed as inconclusive.

I see Kuzan taking this based on the arguments above. I may look biased because of my username. but that's how I see it. Voting Kuzan FRA

DragonEmperor23 said:

August - 8 (HenryWong, ShadowGun, AnonymousBlank, Schnee One, DragonEmperor23, 1997KD, Kunglao105, Zackra)

Grace started 5 hours ago
I vote for August. He can also gain speed advantage by delaying Aokiji

He also copied Crash Magic didn't he?

Yeah then that's absolutely insane. He can crash Aokiji, Gildarts has crashed light in the Ice Trail spin off.

The caster who hails himslef as the greatest in the continent csays that Gildarts has crashed light itself.

Bump

Aokiji - 7 (Number1Tryhard, CinCameron20, Rin The Dragon Empress, Rei Rubro, Jimboydejuan12, Strawboi, MonkeyDeeLuffy)

August - 9 (AnonymousBlank, Schnee One, DragonEmperor23, 1997KD, Kunglao105, Zackra1799, HenryWong122, ShadowGun45, Nerd1435)

So

Aokiji - 7 (Number1Tryhard, CinCameron20, Rin The Dragon Empress, Rei Rubro, Jimboydejuan12, Strawboi, MonkeyDeeLuffy)

August - 10 (AnonymousBlank, Schnee One, DragonEmperor23, 1997KD, Kunglao105, Zackra1799, HenryWong122, ShadowGun45, Nerd1435, Beast Zero Gudako)

Although ShadowGun45's vote could probably be removed since they told me that their vote is August without any reasonings, making the Votes 7-9 in favor of August

While Nerd1435's vote could probably pass since he talked about Speed Advantage via Delay

Has August ever used Crash Magic when he copied it

The only thing I remember from him was Fire Magic and his Suicide Magic

He got diced up by Crash from behind and beat up Gildarts while a pile of legos before returning to normal. Aside from negging it, he doesn't use Crash as he was beating up Gildarts anyway and then got pissed off by the parental love shizz.

Definitely going with Aokiji due to August never utilizing useful abilities pertinent to this fight in-character against powerful foes, Crash Magic not working on an intangible block of ice to incap Aokiji, and Aokiji having canon fights against someone with absurdly more potent heat-based attacks for 10 days on end to a near-draw conclusion.

That, and also FRA.

Xulrev said:
Definitely going with Aokiji due to August never utilizing useful abilities pertinent to this fight in-character against powerful foes
August has never fought anyone on his level once. All the abilities that were mentioned on this thread were ones that he did use and on people who were far weaker than him. It makes no sense to say he wouldn't use such abilities against someone who is actually on his level.

Crash Magic not working on an intangible block of ice to incap Aokiji

Crash was mentioned to be used in cqc where logia cannot be used or else he will get removed from cqc by Reflector.

and Aokiji having canon fights against someone absurdly more potent heat-based attacks for 10 days on end to a near-draw conclusion.

August scales above Natsu's heat feats which are multiple times hotter than the sun vs vaporizing steel.

Most of these FRA don't even mention a wincon for Aokiji. Xulrev did but it is literally the ability to outlast August which definitely is not more likely than getting sleep hax'd by a guy much faster than him.

Not like this can be added anyway since Kuzan is the faster of the two and August is using a speed amp. Also I doubt Reflector is gonna be very effective against Kuzan even in CQC, Kuzan is naturally resistant to his own attacks and can even imbue attacks with Haki. Also speed amping isn't gonna do much against Kuzan since he has the better precog and lol passive Logia guard. Seems like August really only has one win con which is sleep manipulation. Also Akainu has two feats that place his magma hotter than the sun, one of which was done passively.

Sleep has + Speed amp which the latter should be taken care of by Kenbun Haki. Sleep has is also something that's debatable since skilled Haki users can still react and counter attacks while unconscious as seen with Luffy.

Also would Haki equalize with FT magic? Given that both Magic and Haki reside within everyone in their respective verses and for it to be awakened, you have to either train or experience a tramatic event, which is true for both verses.

Kuzan is the faster of the two and August is using a speed amp. Also I doubt Reflector is gonna be very effective against Kuzan even in CQC, Kuzan is naturally resistant to his own attacks and can even imbue attacks with Haki

It does not speed amp, it's passively slowing other perception of time.

Why everyone thinks august will reflect akojj ice back to him, the reflector can use to reflector back attack, but it's primary use is make user immune to any physical/element attack.

It reflects swords so physical attacks can be reflected, the limitation seems to be it can't reflect organic attacks, so punches and kicks work fine

Aight so how it goes is Aokiji uses range attacks, Reflector no diffs it and can be left on even while the user is asleep. Literally has to go cqc now as he wont be able to insta kill August since the guy walks off a 2 foot long gap through his chest in a weaker form Mest messing with Brandish was actually good for something

Cqc means he is definitely within Slowing Magic's AOE which lets Racer blitz Gray, Lyon, Natsu etc despite initially being slow enough to get blitzed by them even across a huge distance (I'm talking a km minimum) while he is looking right at Gray. There is also Meteor's speed amp which Jellal has a special suit to utilise even better but August's Meteor is even better without a suit of his own.

So Aokiji has to cqc against a guy who will kick him out of Reflector the moment he uses his logia so he cannot afford to use it or it just resets their fight. No logia means Crash turns him into bloody chunks. Ignoring Crash, Sleep Magic KOs ftw. Sound Magic and whichever Haki lets him precog will cancel each other out. Remove Slowing Magic and August can still do the above anyway, it just becomes somewhat of an actual challenge when he isn't blitzing twice over.

If it goes the way Blank claims, then it's an objective stomp since Kuzan has no way of ever harming August, and shouldn't be added regardless.

Bump

We are probably gonna need the input of the OP supporters if it's indeed a stomp or not to see if they could counter his arguments

I'll hold on adding this as Inconclusive

Reading the enitre Racer fight over it doesn't actually look like his Magic is ever been stated to be related to the manipulation of time. Lyon just states that Racer is slowing his opponents.

Rin The Dragon Empress said:
Reading the enitre Racer fight over it doesn't actually look like his Magic is ever been stated to be related to the manipulation of time. Lyon just states that Racer is slowing his opponents.
It's Perception Manipulation.

ZackMoon1234 said:
Anyone want to add this as Inconclusive?

I'll add it later if no one does.
Considering there's still a discussion about this, we can't add the matchup yet. We have to decide if this is a stomp or not.

Zackra1799 said:
It isn't perception manipulation. It is time slow as it slows down everything in it's range except the user.
Slow Magic is an area-effect Magic that allows the user to slow down whatever they wish within a certain radius of themselves; doing so makes themselves appear as if they are moving much faster than they actually are. Should anyone be outside of the area of effect and be viewing the caster's performance, they appear to be moving at their usual, normal speed. This Magic also only works on sentient, living beings, as the original caster, Sawyer should have theoretically been able to slow down Gray's arrow when it entered his sphere of influence, but did not.

It is never stayed to be limited to living/sentient beings. It's an area of effect spell as stated by Lyon that targets everything in range. This is shown by the bird which sped up when it left the range of the spell. Unless you want to say Racer targeted the birds. The situation with Gray seems like Plot armor tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back