• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Diavolo vs Trafalgar D. Water Law

Diavolo

Trafalgar D. Water Law

Round one: Pre-time skip Law (Sabaody Archipelago) vs Diavolo

Round two: Current Law vs Diavolo

Trafalgar can't see and hurt King Crimson

Full power, morale off, etc.

Fight to death.

Who win? Why?

Diavolo All Star Battle
Diavolo and his stand, King Crimson, as they appear in All Star Battle.

Trafalgar D. Water Law Anime Post Timeskip Infobox
Trafalgar D. Water Law

Could Law's advantage in speed (against Diavolo, not King Crimson) be able to let him do Diavolo in, who only has Supersonic+ speed before he can erase time w/ King Crimson? I'm not sure if King Crimson is automatic, and starting distance matters A LOT when it comes to JoJo fights, seeing as the effectiveness of a Stand is inversely proportional to their operating range

Though erasing time IIRC also erases the victim, which in this case is Law.

^erasing time wouldnt erase law, diavolo would still need to kill law with his stand,

i go with Law because he woud act with his usual fighting style and create a room, than slice diovalo into pieces, and since the usual range setting is 400 meters diovalo wont be able to reach law in time :)

GreatestSin said:
^ Erasing time wouldn't erase Law, Diavolo would still need to kill Law with his Stand.

I go with Law because he woud act with his usual fighting style and create a room, then slice Diavalo into pieces, and since the usual range setting is 400 meters, Diavalo won't be able to reach Law in time. :)
If it's true erasing time won't be able to erase Law, then Diavolo will be at quite the disadvantage, considering I don't see durability negation anywhere on his profile (shouldn't be a problem in round 1 as in that one Law only has MCB dura) and considering we have standard assumptions for speed listed as the highest range of the fighters, which in this case is possibly at most a kilometer, I definitely cannot see Diavolo taking that one.

Thinking Law takes both rounds but more difficulty on 1.

What is seem to of been forgotten here is that Diavolo's sub stand (Epitatph) allows him to see into the future by 10 seconds, he then uses KC to erase events within that glimpse of the future (Most likely events which would have Diavolo killed or maimed etc) which will basically negate all damage Law could possibly do to him. Also the speed advantage King Crimson has against Law is incredible, he can punch him billions of times within second intervals.

I

Not Jim Sterling said:
Should the speed be equalized since KC has ridiculous speed advantage?
In my oponion, this is fair - Law has more durability and AP than King Crimson.

Distance is not a very important factor tbh, seeing that it would only encourage Diavolo even more to make good use out of Epitaph + King Crimson to give him the edge in combat.

Austrian-Man-Meat said:
What is seem to of been forgotten here is that Diavolo's sub stand (Epitatph) allows him to see into the future by 10 seconds, he then uses KC to erase events within that glimpse of the future (Most likely events which would have Diavolo killed or maimed etc) which will basically negate all damage Law could possibly do to him. Also the speed advantage King Crimson has against Law is incredible, he can punch him billions of times within second intervals.
it is true that he can see 10 seconds into the future but he cant erase events, he erases time and that does a lot of different stuff,

read the description on the jojo-wiki website, they have a long article that still doesnt explain what exactly is his power, it seems like erasing time can wipe out memorys, slow down attacks, allows king crimson to attack places that he logically shouldnt be able to reach etc etc :/

i would say Law wins since KC may be fast but diovalo is a eas target for Law, and KC has a range of 2-3 meters if i remember correctly..-

By erasing time, he erases the events. For example if you were to envision me punching you in the face within your pre cog and decide to erase that section of time with KC then I would of no longer punched you in the face.

By erasing the cause, you erase the effect as a result. The JoJo wikia mentions this too if you look hard enough.

Not inconsistant tbh, Diavolo has been able to erase the impact of attacks which result in him negating them all together e.g Diavolo erasing Aerosmith's bullets so they phase through him, striking someone else as a result etc.

Speed + Epitath + Time Erasing = Diavolo is Winner for Round 1. Round 2 I honestly don't know Diavolo might just dodge everything Law does but Diavolo can't kill him as far as I know.

Austrian-Man-Meat said:
Not inconsistant tbh, Diavolo has been able to erase the impact of attacks which result in him negating them all together e.g Diavolo erasing Aerosmith's bullets so they phase through him, striking someone else as a result etc.
but there have been other kinds of feats too, not for nothing you can find such memes everywhere:

http://pm1.narvii.com/5778/493e53768d5bfa13e1363f5c08a1c0ba94ac9fac_hq.jpg

http://pm1.narvii.com/5970/0e72be8d1858a13554035f4a0fed80e0dff5f04a_hq.jpg

but there is also a in-story page with diovalo talking about his power:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11117/111176573/4276231-5861946477-img00.jpg

it only says that nobody will remember what happened in this ten seconds and than he will be able to predict every movement but it doesnt sound like he has any "cause"-erasing ability (eg, clouds are blown away but "wont know how", fires will be put out without realizing it)

This does not prove anything, Diavolo's King Crimson is still used to remove the cause and therefore the effect various amounts of times. The scans you provided are just byproducts of the ability. Check the scene where Diavolo erases 0.5 seconds of time to prevent himself being shot to death by Aerosmith.

^and there was also a point where one of buracci attacked diocolo and it turned out it was in fact himself:

http://www.***********.net/jojos-bizarre-adventure-part-5-vento-aureo/10/17

http://www.***********.net/jojos-bizarre-adventure-part-5-vento-aureo/10/18

http://www.***********.net/jojos-bizarre-adventure-part-5-vento-aureo/10/19

http://www.***********.net/jojos-bizarre-adventure-part-5-vento-aureo/10/20

he says it himself in the last scan, KCs power is to "erase time" and not the cause of events, and he uses this loose power definition in order to pull off rather crazy sh*t :/

You erase time to erase the cause of events, which then removes the effects it has upon you. Of course erasing time will have more uses as seen in those scans you're sending me.

R1: Diavolo because of reasons above

R2: King Crimson phases into Law after skipping time and Diavolo goes behind him and attacks from inside until the heart is destroyed, Diavolo only needs to stay behind Law before he notices, Law wouldn't even realize King Crimson is even there, MFTL KC makes this even easier

I can't believe people still don't understand KC lol. Also, posting the old scans isn't helping the issue.

Erased time means it's GONE, and all events that would've occurred in it are also gone. AMM had it right. Diavolo erases 0.5 seconds of time as he's lying on top of Risotto Nero, right as Aerosmith's bullets would hit him from above, and as such the shots jump slightly forward in time, warping into Nero's body and continuing on their trajectory, killing him instead of Diavolo. It's really not rocket science, guys. Him being able to show other people the images of his prediction (like in the first meeting with Bruno) to confuse them only happens that one time but caused so much more confusion that it's best to take that particular ability with a grain of salt.

On topic, Diavolo takes this. There's a reason Araki pulled out the super hax to beat him after all, cuz King Crimson is straight-up broken.

^How is it unbeatable? Time Skip can't be spammed easily and anyone with a good, long lasting AoE attack can easily kill Diavolo, it was just unbeatable in JJBA due to Epitath and time skip being used to evade. If the attack would still be harming Diavolo after the events of the time skip and wouldn't go through him via time skip (Maybe catching the surroundings on fire), you win.

JustSomeWeirdo said:
^How is it unbeatable? Time Skip can't be spammed easily and anyone with a good, long lasting AoE attack can easily kill Diavolo, it was just unbeatable in JJBA due to Epitath and time skip being used to evade. If the attack would still be harming Diavolo after the events of the time skip and wouldn't go through him via time skip (Maybe catching the surroundings on fire), you win.
The time skip prevents effects of things that happen in the time span too; he doesn't need to erase the entire attack, just the moment of its activation.

Yes, but if the attack is pre time skip, then Diavolo is beaten, it's like with Aerosmith's bullets, if Diavolo didn't skip time to make them pass through him, he would've got hit by them. Now, imagine something that also tracks, or leaves a lasting effect. Like a fire or a heat seeking weapon. Diavolo needs to activate Epitath, which makes this easy to skip over as he knows it's going to happen, so if this happens pre-Epitath, you win. Or you could just have a massive tier advantage and nuke the area. Spammed attacks also could work as there's more than KC can skip over.

TLDR, anything spammable, anything lasting, anything tracking, and anything pre-Epitath. And there's nuking the area, which could potentially work if the explosion is larger than Diavolo can escape.

Diavolo, I think.

Even Law is going to cut him down or use Gamma Knife or Counter Shock, Diavolo can predict it using epitaph and using time erase, the process of cutting Diavolo can be erased (As shown in battle of Risotto). Yeah, the speed can be Law's advantage but can be disadvantage too cuz he cuts and attack so fast that it can be all of his attacks can be done w/in 10 sec. Other than that Law can be confused w/ time erase making him having an opening

Back