• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Welp, someone already made notice that Yellow's eyes seems out of place, but it could be just the low resolution of the video.

It's possible that White Diamond has mind controlled Yellow similar to White to fight Blue. This is gonna be sad.

White is seriously crazy

Also, does this mean that Steven can be upped to High 6-A physically now? Cause this is the second time he's taken a hit from Blue and been fine.

He probably should. He has tanked 2 hits from Blue Diamond. Has attacked her and made the most significant damage to her during Reunion. (When the Crystal Gems attacked first and it did seemingly nothing.) He also has smacked Yellow Diamonds hand away in this trailer.

Guess we'll have to wait and see for now, On top of that I might try to get their speed upgraded. It is potentially MFTL+.

WeeklyBattles said:
Just want to point out that Legs has yet another MFTL+ feat that the Gems survived
Isn't that explainable by them being in a correctly programmed spaceship that compensates for them travelling many times faster than the speed of light?

Also, shall we note that Yellow Diamond's attacks bypass conventional durability for Gems?

Thats a pretty big assumption to make when nothing is even hinted at something like that being the case

Yes

I thought Peridot specifically mentioned something about the spaceship and a component that would keep their physical forms stable but Steven was in such a rush to get to space that they ignored her and got on the ship without listening.

(And then later Pearl said, "Why didn't Peridot tell us this? This is why we don't listen to her.")

Mind you, it's been a long time since I saw the original episode so I may be misremembering that quote.

Pearl: [Sighs] I think in your attempt to fix our bodies, you may have accidentally shut off the calibration altogether. Our light-composed forms couldn't keep up with the ship moving faster than the speed of light.

This is a quote from the episode.

Steven shut off the calibration device in the Roaming Eye and the Gem's couldn't keep up with FTL / MFTL travel.

So the reason why the Gems going MFTL+ is Pink Diamond spaceship and other cases is because the ship is properly calibrated.

No, I think she's referring to the calibration that was affecting their shape and allowing them to keep up with the ship.

Previously the ship was calibrated for Ruby's, and so when they started travelling FTL the Gems were forced into Ruby shapes.

Then Steven started messing with the calibration, the Gems went tiny, to Diamond sized, to random shapes, etc.

Then Steven accidentally turned it off, and that's when the Gems started to lag behind the ship. Because they could no longer keep up with FTL speeds.

One thing about this image. Pretty sure Yellow is attacking Blue Diamond for some reason. Many says she's saving Blue from an exposion but I don't think so given Yellow's stance.

Also in the promo it appears that Blue, Steven, and Yellow are facing White Diamond in the connected ship body parts. My guess is White mind controlled Yellow to fight Blue to keep them occupied. We're about to see Steven take on White himself.

Pepper14832 said:
The Gems arent MFTL+
Maybe not, as I have no real evidence for them being MFTL+, I just said that based on what someone else told me. It would be whatever speed it takes to reach from Homeworld to Earth in a few seconds, as I believe Homeworld is where the Diamond Attack came from, but the current calc is based on them shooting it from "somewhere beyond the moon." But this may be incorrect, as it conflicts with Blue's statement from Legs that White hasn't left Homeworld in eons. Basically, the Diamonds Attack Speed should be faster than what it is, since the attack came from Homeworld and hit Earth in a few seconds, and by extension, the other gems would have similar reaction feats from having reacted to the Diamonds before.

I won't try to argue MFTL+ speeds if someone can prove it's slower than that, I'm just saying their speeds should be much higher.

Paulo.junior.969 said:
record scratch

freeze frame

Wow, wow, see that Gem right there? Looks like she's hit rock bottom; well, that Gem is actually me, believe it or not; now, I bet you're wondering how I got in this wacky sittuation; it all started in the summer of 86.
Man, remember when this special began, and the craziest thing was talking walls? Good times.

Hey, I just had a weird thought. You know how in Star Wars and Star Trek they jump to lightspeed? And how in Halo they like open up a wormhole for long distance travel? What would happen if a SW or ST ship tried a lightspeed jump through a Halo wormhole?

Pepper14832 said:
The Gems arent MFTL+
Actually, hold up, I didn't think about this at first, but if the attack did come from Homeworld, then it's definitely MFTL+ because it took Lapis a few months to fly from Earth to Homeworld and that's a MFTL+ feat, and the Attack happened in a few seconds, so it's even faster.

Yes it did because the 2 ways we were shown it are inconsistent and Blue has more relevant knowledge than anyone else in the show.

CinnabarManx421 said:
Yes it did because the 2 ways we were shown it are inconsistent and Blue has more relevant knowledge than anyone else in the show.
What do you mean? When did they state that the attack came from Homeworld?

It's never directly stated, but through some clues it's pretty obvious that's where it came from. I can talk about it more tomorrow but I'm very tired, it's 2 in the morning here. 0_0

The attack didn't come from Homeworld because the last time White left homeworld was to use the mass corruption attack against the Crystal Gems on Earth. As stated by Blue Diamond.

In fact, from Garnet's perspective the Diamonds were closer to the Earth than the moon when they launched the attack.

Man, we're about to see some Goku vs Frieza s*** here! I'm not kiddin'; they're literally gonna pit a low-class warrior (Steven) against a friggin Galactic Emperor (White Diamond).

Flashlight237 said:
Man, we're about to see some Goku vs Frieza s*** here! I'm not kiddin'; they're literally gonna pit a low-class warrior (Steven) against a friggin Galactic Emperor (White Diamond).
White Diamond gets worfed in the next arc, and then only comes back many years later in a shitty movie with an unexplained power up because they want money.

Pepper14832 said:
The attack didn't come from Homeworld because the last time White left homeworld was to use the mass corruption attack against the Crystal Gems on Earth. As stated by Blue Diamond. In fact, from Garnet's perspective the Diamonds were closer to the Earth than the moon when they launched the attack.
True, but remember, we've been shown the corrupting light 2 different ways and they don't match up.
A Single Pale Rose versio

Your Mother and Mine versio

In A Single Pale Rose, it shows it as one light coming from beyond the moon, while in Your Mother and Mine, It's clearly 3 lights that are either coming from the moon or infront of the moon, so there's a consistency problem there. And the bigger problem is, both of these are from the perspectives of people who were there when it happened. Both Garnet and Pearl saw the attack, and yet they both provide 2 different accounts of what happened. Neither can really be discredited for what they saw, as there's no way to prove who is correct. Basically, neither of their accounts can be used as evidence for where the attack came from, and thus, it did not come from "somewhere beyond the moon" it came from Homeworld, as proven by Blue's statement. (And to a lesser extent, Yellow's statement in Familiar.)

The clip from "A single pale rose" in my opinion doesn't count because it's not Pearl showing or telling in detail what is going on. This is a sped up version of all the events that led up to the conclusion and after Pink Diamond's "shattering" for dramatic effect.

Garnet's version is the most accurate here. Centipedals version even makes the argument stronger because she was able to recall and draw 3 Diamond symbols before the attack. As hard of a time she was trying to piece everything together while stable, there's no way she'd make out seeing 3 Diamonds from Homeworld which is an untold number of light years away.

Back