• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Hello everyone. As you guys must already know, since DMC 5 came out, we got a new Low 6-B feat that scales to the god-tiers of the franchise. But not many people have been talking about the speed feats, so we're still using the MHS+ feat that was performed by Dante during his weakest phase in the whole series.

Artemis
That being said, take a look at the preview for mission 4:

Devil May Cry 5 20190405152128
"Nero encountered a deadly demon wielding light as a weapon" - Said demon is Artemis, the one that had Lady inside of her.

But what does it mean to wield light as a weapon? Does she use light to create swords or something? Well, take a look at her boss fight:

Devil May Cry 5 - Artemis boss fight
Devil May Cry 5 - Artemis boss fight

As you can see in both cutscenes and gameplay, she fires several blasts at Nero during the fight. She only has more or less 4 different attacks and the only one that actually seems to be made of light is the blast.

Not only do they move in a straight line, they also kinda look like laser beams if we take a closer look.

Devil May Cry 5 20190405151751

Devil May Cry 5 20190405151859
I think that's enough to prove that Artemis blasts are actually light beams.

So... how fast is Nero? I honestly don't know because I suck at doing calculations, but if you check the video that I linked before, you can see him dodging her blasts many times during the fight, so if anyone wants to calculate it, I'd be very glad. It happens at 0:27, 0:31 and 4:26.

Fury
I'm not sure about this one, but I'll point it out anyway.

Devil May Cry 5 20190405145626
"(...) you got a freak so fast it ain't even moving under its own power no more. This sucker uses raw demonic power to do little space-time jumps."

And as you can see here, Dante reacted to this guy.

So that's it. I'd really appreciate if you guys could give your opinions about this.

You cant calculate something that moves so fast he does little jumps in space-time,plus that would beyond mftl from how it sounds

Seriously tho, how fast would Fury be? Like, how many quintillions of times ftl? How fast does one have to be to move in a planck second?

Space Time jumps is not a calcable speed. To be able to move through space and time through pure speed would be immeasurable speed.

Like you could ever calc speed of doing space time jumps by speed,the mission says it there it uses light,thats more then enough

Dienomite i said above "like you could ever calc of doing space time jumps" as in you cant calc something like this,also the only thing about artemis attacks is that they dont go all in straight line,gonna point this out now,how is not going in straight line disproving being real light?

The way the blasts expand at the end of the projectile doesn't seem like it should qualify with actual light.

She appears to just absorb light to power her energy attacks, similar to Solar Beam, which we do not treat as a light attack from what I recall.

LordNephalem said:
"(...) you got a freak so fast it ain't even moving under its own power no more. This sucker uses raw demonic power to do little space-time jumps."

And as you can see here, Dante reacted to this guy.

So that's it. I'd really appreciate if you guys could give your opinions about this.
It's probably just Teleportation, also this dude is fast af lol

I mean, Artemis' straight beams have absolutely nothing that would contradict them being actually light, Artemis does have attacks that bend and don't behave like light but that doesn't inder the veridicity of her other beam attacks

@Abstractions

Artemis only absorbs light to do a massive aoe attack, she doesn't do it for anything else.Not that it matters either way tho.

I dont see the fury getting classified with that as teleport only,it explicity says there wanting to go fast and move fast and such,even in gameplay when he does that he goes in a running position,thats clearly speed,but apparently something like that is classified as immeasurable,somewhere i was told it is sub rel or rel though

Also the "not going is straight line" doesnt prove not being real light,what if it was in avatar verse a character that bends legit light for example,its gonna be said its not real one cuz the bender makes it go in the direction wanted?most characters in fiction can make attacks go in whatever direction they want it or even make them follow the enemy

Not that it can scale to Nero in any way because dodging the beams would classify as aim dodging and wouldn't require him to be relative to light speed to do so.

Uhh not saying that the light is real but Nero doesn't use aim dodging to dodge the light, he only moves after the attack is fired and he can dodge it in gameplay (which can be accepted) and characters far weaker than Nero could dodge it as well.

Dienomite22 said:
Uhh not saying that the light is real but Nero doesn't use aim dodging to dodge the light, he only moves after the attack is fired and he can dodge it in gameplay (which can be accepted) and characters far weaker than Nero could dodge it as well.
Anything functionally beam related was not dodgeable without aimdodging or had the aforementioned projectile that points to the attack not being real light.

Artemis blasts move exclusively in a straight line, are said to be of light and are totally dodgeable for Nero in both cutscenes and gameplay

Sure, Artemis has some attacks that don't move in a straight line, but they clearly have nothing to do with her blasts

LordNephalem said:
Artemis blasts move exclusively in a straight line, are said to be of light and are totally dodgeable for Nero I'm both cutscenes and gameplay

Sure, Artemis has some attacks that don't move in a straight line, but they clearly have nothing to do with her blasts
Moving in a straight line has nothing to do with it, the projectiles themselves do not appear as light and simply have a trail.

"wielding light" could also come from her absorbing it to channel her charge attack, where you can see the visual light is strikingly different to the blasts she throws out.

@DragonEmperor23 Yeah i asked regarding Fury in other places too,none said immeasurable but said its sub-rel or rel

Honestly, without sounding harsh,does some people watch somewhere else or they just dont know whats aim dodging, aim dodging is by moving before an attack its fired,Nero moves after the blasts are fired already, how does a trail debunks it being real light, "do not appear as light" how would you make light look like then,all these arguments are weak or simply just ignorance,the mission says there its light

I don't get why relativistic devil may cry is such an inconceivable concept, those characters have been shown to be MHS since the first game, and artemis is described as "a demon that wields light as a weapon". they are clearly getting stronger and faster with each game. at this point in the story dante should be at least su-rel.

This isn't about denying Devil May Cry Relativistic speeds but rather upholding standards towards these feats.

If we took everything at face value just because it said it was light we would have a lot more verses with speed ratings they shouldn't.

I don't think they're exclusively talking about this feat when they mean relativistic DMC being inconceivable, even the particle beam feat is questioned or taken as an outlier even though it would only scale to God tiers of the verse, isn't contradicted any other time in the series and is even backed up by the fodder of DMC also being well into MHS+ and the feat is only performed by God tiers.

Yet some verses get a pass with certain things,meanwhile the rest dont even though its the same thing,dmc is an example of that,other verses get green light for upgrades on some stuff,but if dmc does for the exact same thing,they need a whole discussion and still doesnt get accepted

Since dmc3 he is mhs+,when dante was 19,you think now that after like 20+ years and so many buffs in power in the series he didnt got faster ever since,all lightning feats are done casually by him or jot putting effort,meanwhile for stuff like tje particle beam or flight in the dimension were done when taking it seriously or by a buff

People just take any shining glowing "light" as literal beams of photons now.

The standards are much higher than they are in your head.

What's tangible the partical beam? kinda sorta, it goes directly through Trish and Dante had an aura around him when he deflects it

well, it also went through Dante during their Boss Fight

So...

- It goes in straight line

- It is stated as a particle beam by reliable sources

- It's not tangible

Also, Dante blocking it is Sub-Rel/Sub-Rel+ combat/reaction speed, so actually it isn't a outlier

Back