• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Devil May Cry: Energy absorption?

In game Royal Guard allows Dante to reflect attacks back with more power but it also allows Dante to completly stop any attack (energy or physical) without getting damage and boosting his "rage meter", this means that he can store energy from attacks and then release it in a powerful move.

This obviously means that Dante can stop any attack but he physically doesn't become stronger, instead his "rage" does and allows him to release all that energy in a single devastating move.

While thinking about this I thought it may fill with the criteria for "Energy Absorption " :

"The user can absorb energy from their surroundings and/or from others, draining them of their power and becoming stronger in the process. High-level applications of this ability can completely nullify energy attacks by absorbing them, drain opponents of all of their strength in moments, and drain energy from their surroundings on a massive scale. The specifics of what energy the user can absorb vary from individual to individual."

You can see it sorta works like a big shield that covers Dante and boosts his "rage meter"

Also, as stated by Dienomite22, Power Nullification should also be added. Most descriptions for it's attacks explicitly state that it "nullifies the attack", or various statements along those lines.

I agree, it's also seems to be Power Nullification since alot of descriptions of it's moves have "nullify an attack", "nullifies attacks", "negates the attack", "neutralize attacks" etc or something along those lines in them.

I'd say I agree with the OP. This seems like a relatively minor addition, and it's well backed up.

I'm not entirely sure what you mean, do you want me to add the changes?

Yeah, gotcha. I should note that I'm only a discussion mod, not a content mod, so I can't unlock the profile (at least, I'm pretty sure I can't). I don't have a problem adding in the changes, but I'll have to ask someone else to unlock the profile for me in that case. Should I handle that now?

@DarkGarth: You can ofc ask one of the content mods or admins to open it for you real quick? It doesn't have to be right away if you have to think what to write for it but you know that already so it's whenever you want to do it.

But it is a simple add on too so it can be done today, then again.

I have been kinda busy but what Dieno said needs to be added, the power null thingy. @Dark Since you are a mod, could you add that to the OP please?

Also, I usually call at least 2 staff members to check upon the thread so we are backed up in case something happens, soo, someone minds calling more staff?

My apologies everyone, I've been preoccupied all day. I'll add the stuff to the OP now, and I'll see if I can get a content mod/admin to unlock the profile.

first day as discussion mod and I'm already demonstrating my incompetence. gg

I've added the Power Nullification arguments to the OP, and contacted a Content Mod about getting Dante's page unlocked.

The changes have been added. Should I close this thread, or is there anything else worth discussing?

Hah, thanks mate!

And yeah, I'd say at least Mid Regen is 100% reliable for the DMC cast at this point. No real changes need to be made mind you; they already have Mid Regen, but this is a good supporting feat.

That regen feat makes it even more consistent and in line with what Dante deals with. Seriously though it's like part of what comes with him as being a devil hunter is get pierced a lot. Bullets to the face, his own sword, even feathers lol. Hell if he hadn't woken up that time in M9 of DMC5, he'd have V stab his whole face in with his own fathers sword lol

And yeah, I don't believe that laser guard feat has been done yet to my knowledge.

Should I put in a request for the calculation?

Back