• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Devil May Cry Discussion Thread

Would you guys believe Itsuno would make Nero surpass both twins in future?

Judging by unused concept of DMC 4, he literally make Nero his own PDT and somehow didn't even losing control like Dante.

I wouldn't mind. It makes sense from the power of love/heart/soul perspective that has been in the series since the beginning as he's probably the character with the most of it.

I wouldn't mind. It makes sense from the power of love/heart/soul perspective that has been in the series since the beginning as he's probably the character with the most of it.
Well yeah, he basically Sparda 2.0 though and fight for both power and love while twins fight with their own ideology.

But still find it weird that he has a form that Dante itself are losing control with that and has no problem using it.

Well yeah, he basically Sparda 2.0 though and fight for both power and love while twins fight with their own ideology.

But still find it weird that he has a form that Dante itself are losing control with that and has no problem using it.
Those forms are SDT now so the brothers don't actually have those weaknesses from the concept art.

I know a community or two that doesn't like the notion that he's comparab
I know a community or two that doesn't like the notion that he's comparable to the two of them

le to the two of them

I know a community or two that doesn't like the notion that he's
I find most of community disagree with him being stronger than twins since he able break Urizen shield without DT or demonic power/devil arms, which Dante with Sparda+DT can't even do

If Itsuno want to ended Dante story, at least make him kill Mundus properly this time.

Since it was him that Dante had to live like this.

Simple Nero with one arm and Devil Breaker was stronger than Dante because Itsuno wanted him to be....no ***** given

But seriously ...... its outlierish.....unless you want to give Nero some busted plot induced Reactive Power lvl and Accelerated Development.....he has no logical way to break that shield.

Now I’m confused. So how does EoG Nero scale in relative to Dante and Vergil? Is he above or below or just relative?

Now I’m confused. So how does EoG Nero scale in relative to Dante and Vergil? Is he above or below or just relative?
Below. DMC5 special edition makes it clear that if either brother fought him at their peak they would destroy him.

So is Nero at least in the same tier as them? Even if they were weakened he should be relative

Hmm, can you explain why ?
Nero has to be the same tier to even do meaningful damage to any of the brothers, even if they are weakened from fighting each other. End of DMC5 Nero must be 2-C in order to deal damage to a weakened DMC5 Vergil.

Nero has to be the same tier to even do meaningful damage to any of the brothers, even if they are weakened from fighting each other. End of DMC5 Nero must be 2-C in order to deal damage to a weakened DMC5 Vergil.
By scaling alone he would be 2-C (since the first god tier is a fodder to them and yada yada), now his power in my opinion is up in the air

Base form maybe...but he should definitively be above Post Fruit Urizen with True DT.
Okay but why? With his true DT he defeated a weakened Vergil but Dieno comment implies that even with that he is fodder against full power Dante/Vergil (which we know Urizen wasn't really fodder as he put up a good fight against full power Dante)

I’ve only played Base DMC5 on PS4. So does the SE have new statements that put Nero at this level?
As Dienomite said.....SE gives info that Peak Vergil is still superior to Nero.

As for exact scaling ....... different people have different opinion.
If I were to give a comparison.....
Well...
Post Fruit Urizen< Base Nero=Tired Vergil

Vergil and Dante are tired....but not as much as when Arkham played them....when they weren't even able to swing the swords properly..

While here even Tired Vergil can fight spectacularly and go SDT and all...
Though admittedly he would still be holding back I think to go easy on Nero.

But even in his base he is above Post Fruit Urizen imo.

Okay but why? With his true DT he defeated a weakened Vergil but Dieno comment implies that even with that he is fodder against full power Dante/Vergil (which we know Urizen wasn't really fodder as he put up a good fight against full power Dante)
Against entirety of Vergil included...which would include his SDT.
Full Power Vergil isn't just base form...
Nero has a high standard to pass against...so it puts him above PF-Uri in my eyes.

Vergil and Dante are tired....but not as much as when Arkham played them....when they weren't even able to swing the swords properly..

But... they were, the problem is that they weakened and Arkham casually stopped Vergil swings and blitzed Dante

Was it stated he was holding back? Or heavily implied at least?
I don't remember it was implied he was holding back but judging from how easily he walked out of there just to SDT into the demon world seems like he didn't went with the intent to fully kill him and the statement of "If I beat him I beat you, deal Dante" thing

That is my own interpretation.
Both Nero and Vergil weren't out to kill eachother afterall.....it was just a fight to assert dominance so to speak...if that makes sense.
In a way. I saw it more of as a Vergil slowly realizing mid fight he actually doesn’t wanna fight his son. So it makes sense. I still don’t think we should discredit Nero’s win though he’s still at least somewhat in their tier

In a way. I saw it more of as a Vergil slowly realizing mid fight he actually doesn’t wanna fight his son. So it makes sense. I still don’t think we should discredit Nero’s win though he’s still at least somewhat in their tier
Agree...if it were upto me....I would just declare......
Base Nero as only slightly weaker then Base Vergil( Full Power)...

Back