• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Devil May Cry Discussion Thread 8

Thanks Dragon o/

Don't worry Sorvoe, let's save the staff time for now, when we finish the revisions, we ask someone to open and we'll add everything

Can you post here your version of Dante's age ? I'll update his blog with it

Sorvoe551 said:
So would we put a "likely higher" because of that?
They weren't even trying to shake the earth it was just a result of them getting a host

Plus they stated to be weaker then mundus because he didn't want a creation to be as strong as him

To add on to what @Sparda 20000000 said, the world was stated to be ending multiple times afterwards, Dante mentioned it like 3 times and the narrator says it and it is also mentioned that Mundus doesn't create anything more powerful than himself so if something like the Beastheads is still considered nothing to him then it could very well scale or be slightly above Mundus's generals.

And also in the Vergil profile you should probably make the justification for Conceptual Manipulation and Portal Creation/BFR separate not together. It looks confusing.

Dante, you forgot to update Dante's equipment & add "far higher with Sin Devil Trigger"

I am updating his arsenal now. About the ap stuff, what do you think we should do with Nero ? "far higher" with DT ?

Plus they stated to be weaker then mundus because he didn't want a creation to be as strong as him

At least Low 6-B for them seems fine then

Also, using the timeline we put together, I can update Lady's and Trish's ages too

Nice o/

You should give Nero Summoning with spectral swords and the spectral Yamato.

Done

@Killah Sure.

So according to our findings, Dante is:

19 in DMC3 (one year after the manga, which is ten years after his mother died)

28 in DMC1 (according to Kamiya)

31-33 in Anime, Novel 2, and DMC 2 (Based on Before the Nightmare's distance from DMC2)

35-37 in DMC4 (based on the Vergil campaign in 4 and Nero's age in the novels)

41-43 in DMC5 (based on timeskip between 4 and 5)

However, I just noticed something. You said "Before the Nightmare is 5 years after 4"and "Nico says a year has passed since she met Niro and he lost his arm in the same chapter." Unless Before the Nightmare takes place a year before the main game, then your sentence means Nico met Nero four years after 4, so Nero would now be 21-22 and Dante would be 40-42.

SDT the only DT that has a canon time limit as a weakness.Regular DT was never given that limit canonically if I recall, otherwise there would be no reason to point out SDT having a time limit because it would be a given.

@Dante Demon Killah

Should Dante have an explanation on how the he uses his Summoned Swords for instance passive and/or active attack, defense, more manuverability etc.

So, what are we gonna do with Yamato resurrecting Nero? And also, i know i keep asking, but i would really like to know, are the feats being worked on? With all the details like cloud movement and crater? Because it's VERY important, what we are doing is basically give for granted that the feats are low 6-B at best without actually having calcs

The only calc i saw was about the Qliphoth merely moving, which was calc'd to be like 6-C, and that's only it merely moving, the crater and clouds are yet to be calc'd but i think that all considered the qliphoth might hit 6-A

Sparda 20000000 said:
Argosax couldn't regenerate from his attacks mundus couldn't completely regenerate from the damage Dante did
And he bypassed Sid's Regenerationn, so thats another point in favor of this.

Ok, so I went in "Void" mode to calc the boost from DT and SDT All these results were obtained in DMD difficulty All 3 transformations had Swordmaster active when i tested All the values were obtained by using Dante as a weapon Here are the results

Base hit: 35 dmg DT hit: 50 dmg SDT transformation explosion: 50 dmg, Hit: 150 dmg

Hits to kill an hell caina Base: 26 hits DT: 18 hits SDT: 5 hits (including transformation explosion)

Hits to kill an Antora Base: 47 hits (the hell antora popped DT after 30 hits) DT: 32 hits (popped DT after 21 hits) SDT: 6 hits (including transformation explosion, no DT popped by the antora this time

Hits to killan Empusa Base: 9 hits DT: 7 hits SDT: 2

Hits to kill a Riot Base: 55 hits (DT popped at around 7) DT: 40 hits (DT popped around 6 SDT: 9 hits (DT popped at 2)

Hits to kill a Chaos Base: 52 hits (DT popped around 36) DT: 36 hits (DT popped around 24) SDT: 8 hits (no DT popped)

Not good at math, so i'll leave these values to you, what i think is clear is that SDT is consistently more than 3 times stronger than DT and 6 times stronger than base, i tested on many enemies so that i could give a large pool to consider, calc this in some way of you wish

We don't actually use that as evidence, since it's just game mechanics, and this wiki doesn't use multipliers in general.

From what i understood it says this demon is fast enough to do little jumps in space and time and ends up directly in your face,the person that posted this said dante can react to this thing,but i dont know what to think about it

Tony di bugalu said:
What about Dante's weakness? I thought that it was agreed upon that having a finite amount of DT was just game mechanics?
Don't quote me on this, since I don't remember the exact source I heard this from, but if I remember correctly in an interview with the DMC developers they stated that Dante being half human half demon means that he could appear as either a human or demon at any time. "Devil Trigger" is just him appearing as a demon instead of a human to get far more powerful. Apparently, it's purely choice on his part that he appears as a human so often. As such, if I am remembering it correctly at least, this is explicit word from the developers that the DT gauge is just a game mechanic and he can go Devil Trigger whenever he wants. I don't know if this applies to the SDT however, and if I'm being perfectly honest I'm highly doubtful it does.

I'm pretty sure there was a statement somewhere that says that Sin Devil Trigger has a time limit in lore, don't know where though so I might be wrong.

This does make me curious though. If he can't stay in SDT for very long, what about the mission 17 fight with Urizen? That was a powered up post-fruit Urizen. I'm willing to believe that Dante canonically used SDT in the fight, but then even so his base form would had to have survived for a really long time against him even though we've seen earlier in the game that even a casual pre-fruit Urizen is more powerful than Dante. The only way I can think to explain this is that getting the Devil Sword Dante also made him significantly more powerful in his base form as well as giving him the SDT, and as such Dante's late game base form would be comparable to post-fruit Urizen with his SDT form being far, far stronger than post-fruit Urizen. Thoughts?

Back