• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Devil May Cry Discussion Thread 8

Well on the topic of ressurection for Vergil, he could very well have it since Yamato brought Nero back to life after Agnus killed him (According to the history of dmc vid)

I think sacrificing a Devil Breaker when switching is just game mechanics, when you pick up a Devil Breaker the one you were using doesn't break.

Or maybe picking up from the ground out of nowhere it's a game mechanic, tho

Anyway, it's the only thing you noticed that perhaps needs a change ?

If that were the case they would put the Devil Breaker you picked up to the last position in the magazine not the first.The only thing the Devil Breakers are known for canonically is breaking easily.

I mean, we clearly see Nero breaking his current Devil Breaker to change them, we can even use the shockwave of this move to escape from some attacks just like DT activation works for Dante

It can't be game mechanics with all that backup

But picking them on the ground, in places that Nico can't reach with her van, this is a game mechanic, since it doesn't make any sense at all

The only time we see Nero switch was DB was during mission 1's cutscene but that was only because the DB broke.And using DB to escape can still be used regardless.

Itsuno and Bingo said Nico used drones to scatter DBs across the battlefield so that's a canon thing.

@Dante Demon Killah

Dante should have Summond Swords

Vergil should have time stop or pseudo-time stop at least for Judgement Cut End

Dante and Nero would naturally have resistance to Vergil's time stops or if Ragtime is considered to actually have time stop naturally Dante,Nero and Vergil would scale to it via V fighting the Elder Geryon.

Dante and Vergil even higher increased stats with Sin DT

Sparda devil trigger Dante would be at least small country

The beastheads are stated to be munch weaker then even regular mundus the low 6-B feat was very casual for them as they did it just by gaining a host. Is there any that would put the beastheads above mundus's general and other creations like nightmare so I'm thinking they could possibly scale

Nero would have type 1 and 3 immortality

I think Dante and Vergil would have power nullification he was able to separate Arkham from sparda's power and Dante did the same with Sid

Vergil needs bfr via his portal creation and homing attacks with his summon swords

Wouldn't dmc 4 Dante also have the rest of the Yamato's abilities lily the time stop, portal creation, bfr and conceptual manipulation. Nero I'm not so sure as he wasn't Vergil skilled with it. Dante could possibly negate high mid Regenerationn argosax couldn't regenerate from Dante attacks and mundus couldn't fully regenerate the damage Dante did

I am curious about a feat from DT Nero which I'd like to see properly evaluated. The Yamato is supposedly able to quite casually cut through dimensions, correct? Especially so in the hands of Vergil. With that in mind, what does this say about the Buster animation in the Nero vs Vergil fight? In it, you can see Vergil quite seriously try to slice Nero, only to get the Yamato lodged inside him, allowing him to pull it out. With this in mind, what does that mean? The Yamato ignores conventional durability, so would this be cause for an ability upgrade? Or would it just be a massive durability feat?

Nero should have Summoning in his Devil Trigger, for his summoned swords and the spectral Yamato. Other than that looks good.

Also should we talk about how Sparda took away the demons names, but Vergil gave them back?

Yamato's legend always irks me, because it's stated to cut through anything, even dimensions, but Lady can block it with a rocket launcher. Not even with the bayonet on it, it was the barrel

Sorvoe551 said:
Yamato's legend always irks me, because it's stated to cut through anything, even dimensions, but Lady can block it with a rocket launcher. Not even with the bayonet on it, it was the barrel
Honestly, that one's pretty easy to explain; I'm highly doubtful that Vergil was intending to kill Lady there. He acted almost curious in his dialogue as he attacked Lady, as if he wanted her to finish and give more details. When you combine that with the fact that she was clearly not a threat to him, I'm pretty confident that killing Lady wasn't important to him. The only other thing in the series I can think of that the Yamato hasn't been able to cut easily is Rebellion, and that kind of makes sense since Rebellion and Yamato were both created by Sparda with his power. That's why the Yamato lodging itself in Nero during the buster animation seems so interesting to me. Not even DMC3 Dante's body had any resistance to it, as shown by the post-Vergil 3 fight cutscene where the wound just very quickly regenerates. As I've mentioned, there is likely some kind of either ability or ridiculous level of durability for Nero to be able to pull this off.

The moment where Vergil couldnt cut Lady weapon was something explained by Jester,that he wasnt at peak condition,which also resulted in that,he even said that he would have been cut by him if not for that

Worth noting that Dante's rebellion was incapable of piercing his arm (albeit playing around)

Yamato cut right through his arm when wielded by the savior

Yes, I am willing to believe that the Yamato is more powerful than Rebellion, but even so the fact that Sparda made both of them for his two sons means that they should logically be relatively comparable, so Yamato not being able to destroy Rebellion is potentially explainable.

Sparda 20000000 said:
So what is Vergil's Regenerationn going to be upgraded to? I'm pretty sure sparda, Dante and Nero would scale.
I think i would need reliable info. to really confirm if Vergil died or really disintegrated in 1 [he maybe just teleported away], Mundus implied that Nelo is no more of use since he was heavily defeated and resorted on Trish.

Does anyone know how much of a boost DT is to speed and strength? I might try to calc it on my own today, i'll let you know

Ogbunabali said:
Ok, we are not upgrading Vergil based on that he returned. That would be literally headcanon considering we don't know anything about that.
I agree. I personally do believe that it could be a Regenerationn feat, but there's so little information that any possible conclusion here would require making several baseless assumptions. Unless some proper info comes out about it, it should probably not be counted as a feat in itself.

Dienomite22 said:
@Dark649
It could be possible that he died because apparently the Yamato can revived Nero after Agnus killed him.
When was it ever stated or shwon that Nero died after the angelos stabbed him? I personally interpreted it as a knock out

Great, but we gotta calc the feats properly, especially since the beastheads had a casual low 6-B feat, saying that Vergil and Dante are STILL low 6-B now without even calc'ing the feats seems unfair tbh

Well, they scale to shaking the Earth to the core, it is higher than Low 6-B for sure, but we don't know yet how much. But I was talking with DMUA about this, and he said that it possibly still on Low 6-B range

I am updating their blogs

Sparda 20000000 said:
Sparda devil trigger Dante would be at least small country

The beastheads are stated to be munch weaker then even regular mundus the low 6-B feat was very casual for them as they did it just by gaining a host. Is there any that would put the beastheads above mundus's general and other creations like nightmare so I'm thinking they could possibly scale

Nero would have type 1 and 3 immortality

I think Dante and Vergil would have power nullification he was able to separate Arkham from sparda's power and Dante did the same with Sid

Vergil needs bfr via his portal creation and homing attacks with his summon swords

Wouldn't dmc 4 Dante also have the rest of the Yamato's abilities lily the time stop, portal creation, bfr and conceptual manipulation. Nero I'm not so sure as he wasn't Vergil skilled with it. Dante could possibly negate high mid Regenerationn argosax couldn't regenerate from Dante attacks and mundus couldn't fully regenerate the damage Dante did
What do you guys think

I mean this has interesting implications. Although that wasn't the case for Vergil, because at that point he would've already not have possession of Yamato.

@Sparda 20000000

I agree with everything and Nero should only have the Yamato abilities he gained from 4 since he seemed to absorb those powers.

Hmm

- I'm not sure that they were THAT casual while doing it, I believe just Low 6-B for Mundus and for the ones who scale directly is better

- For the DT ? Dante and Vergil should have aswell, since it was stated that they don't age while in DT

- Unsure about this one

- I agree, Portal Creation actually is already there, I added BFR and Homing Attack in his blog

- Only Vergil and actually Sparda (Maybe) knew how to use Yamato's full potential, Dante only showed a few of Vergil's moves, we can't just assume he can open portals and stuff with it, same goes for Nero

@Ogbunabali

We don't exactly know where Yamato was during the time of DMC1 but we do know the Order of the Sword somehow gotten fragments of Nelo Angelo so who knows? That's how the Order possibly could have gotten it but that's too much into headcanon territory for me.

Back