• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Devil May Cry Discussion Thread 8

Before the Nightmare is canon and made Novel 1 canon, idk if we have feats there

Novel 2 was already canon and even more now that it was quoted as na easter egg in 5

So yeah, we have a Low 6-B feat in the second novel that scales to Mundus level characters

The only questionable is Deadly Fortune, since it contradicts some events of the actual game

Dante, i think that:

Bolverk, Anime Dante, Sid Abigail, Cocoon Argosax = At least 7-A, possibly Low 6-B.

The possibly Low 6-B is because the anime takes place not long before 2, where Dante outright surpassed Sparda and easily defeated the Despair Embodiment.

Sparda should be just Low 6-B [No need for a Prime key] since Mundus did not implied to have suffered a stomp from him, just a defeat after a long fight. Sparda might have gotten stronger, but its not implied how much, later he sealed his power and got old so he needed help against Abigail and Argosax.

Mundus = Prime Abigail = Prime Argosax = Despair Embodiment = Low 6-B.

So we are going to keep anime Dante and DMC2 as separated keys, right ? Sounds good to me, since we have different feats for him

Anime Dante in base had trouble against Sid while DMC2 Dante, in base, defeated Argosax without much effort, Before the Nightmare also implies that he wasn't a threat for Dante, so they have a considerable gap in AP

Everything makes sense, I agree

The gap of Low 6-B is not long, so Urizen and the others might get a + from stomping Dante but not completely sure.

@Dante Demon Killah I'm glad you filled in details with my age theory. Just want to add one detail I thought of recently. According to the novels, Nero is 16-17 at the time of 4, and the Vergil section of DMC4 showed he was in Fortuna shortly before the events of 3. With that, Vergil would have been 18-19 at the time; adding nine months for Nero to be born makes his dad 19-20. So during the events of 4, Dante would be about 35-37. With the six year time gap between 4 and 5, that would make Nero 22-23 and Dante 41-43.

Dante Demon Killah said:
Okay, so we need to:

- Figure out is his supposed regen. and Yamato splitting him in two halves

- Calculate Tree things

- Their AP

Does this look good, Dark ?

Anime Dante and Sid = At least 7-A, possibly Low 6-B

Mundus, Argosax, Sealed Sparda and etc = Low 6-B (Beastheads Shaking the World)

Prime Sparda, DMC2, 4, and Pre Sin Dante = At least Low 6-B

Urizen = At least Low 6-B, possibly Higher

Post Fruit Urizen, Post Sin Dante, Vergil and DT Nero = At least Low 6-B, likely Higher
Agree

The beastheads are much weaker than normal mundus and their shaking the world feat would be very low end for them as they did it just by gaining a host

DMC scalling chain is huge, with the difference between Urizen and Mundus being astronomical

I don't see anyone problem with a + symbol at least for Post Sin Dante, Vergil and Nero

Also, Sparda is right, The Beastheads were "casual" when they were shaking the world

@Sorvoe, well, a little different from my version but in both versions Dante in DMC5 In in his 40s

I believe it should be fine we add a "In his 40s" for Dante and Vergil ages in DMC5, everything points to this

Your version makes more sense, actually, since for DMC4 I used only a statement from the producers, and 35/36 also means "almost 40" so yeah

Dante is for 100% sure in his 40s in DMC5

Can we, like, ACTUALLY calc the feats before saying that they are low 6-B? And i am of the idea that you are really sleeping on the Qliphoth feat, that crater is huge, the tree itself is extremely large and the clouds being moved is pretty significant

I think our priority is to see if we can calculate the magnitude of the "shaking" performed by Urizen, then we need to keep in mind that it's not just the tectonic plates being moved but AAAAALL the earth and then we can have a pretty solid basis to scale everything else

Yeah, we still need a calc for the Qliphoth, but I don't think we'll see something higher than Low 6-B, but worth trying tho

But shaking the world is Low 6-B assuming that it is a perceivable shockwave, in the novel everyone felt so it is a Low 6-B feat, it was already calculated

Shaking the earth to the very core, according to DMUA, is Low 6-B at minimum, and 6-A at max, so yeah a calc should be good, even if it's just a few times stronger than normal Planet Shaking feats

Dante Demon Killah said:
Yeah, we still need a calc for the Qliphoth, but I don't think we'll see something higher than Low 6-B, but worth trying tho
But shaking the world is Low 6-B assuming that it is a perceivable shockwave, in the novel everyone felt so it is a Low 6-B feat, it was already calculated

Shaking the earth to the very core, according to DMUA, is Low 6-B at minimum, and 6-A at max, so yeah a calc should be good, even if it's just a few times stronger than normal Planet Shaking feats
We also gotta remember that all these feats are performed by characters that are FAAAR weaker than both Dante and Vergil in base, which means that it would be "at least -insert tier-, likely higher"

Also, wasn't Sparda hammering Tem en ni gru into the Earth a tier 6 feat? or was it Mundus who did that? I can't remember

Long story short, In the DMC3 Manga it talks about the Temenigru and how it came about and people mistook the explanation to be a destruction feat and Mundus being the one who did it and so it was used as "evidence" against High 3-A,low 4-C and 5-A DMC, but later proof concluded that interpretation was wrong.

Not a feat for Sparda because the Temenigru wasn't created by him originally but I guess him sealing it along with the demons inside it is a feat but how impressive it is unknown.

I believe it is around Tier 6, but honestly, seems too vague to calc

We should focus on shaking the core of the Earth (Urizen) and Qliphoth feats

We also have mach 5000+ speed feats

Dante Demon Killah said:
I believe it is around Tier 6, but honestly, seems too vague to calc
We should focus on shaking the core of the Earth (Urizen) and Qliphoth feats

We also have mach 5000+ speed feats
What speed feat are you talking about? And that Temennigru feat is super important since it scales to DMC1 Dante

TBH i think that the Qliphoth is gonna be around 6-A if we consider the crater, its height and it moving the clouds, let's not forget that the last high 6-A feat DMC had was about moving clouds, clouds are DMC's lucky charm

Back