• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Devil May Cry Discussion Thread 8

Guys, we still have a 6-C feat that might scale to Mundus and the other who are comparable, the feat comes from Vergil by moving the Qliphoth after eating the fruit

Since Trish said that the Fruit is > The Qliphoth and King Cerberus also said that only demon kings have acess to the Qliphoth fruit, I believe it could scale to Mundus, since he also ate the fruit and as a demon King he should be capable of doing the same with the tree

Not yet, but what I want to discuss here is if you guys agree that scales to Mundus and the ones who are comparable

Me and Dark already agree

i'll ask for a evaluation

Thing is, did that shacking happen solely because he ate fruit or because he added the power of the fruit to his already great power. That's what would decide whether he scales or not.

i'll try to be more clear, I found something

We don't have any proof to say that the tree moves because of Vergil, it is moving alone, the tree is capable of moving at such speeds that the KE ends on 6-C

And the fruit by itself is stated to be superior to the Qliphoth by Trish

So anyone who eats the fruit is 6-C, that's why scales to Mundus

Hey guys. I know the DMC profile revisions are going around atm if not already done by this point, but I was wondering if I can get more thoughts around on Dantes resistances throughout all of his appearances and whatnot through this thread I made of it earlier this month. So far only one has answered and while I'm mostly satisfied with it, I was thinking I should get more input or thoughts out before maybe trying to see what should be noted on his profile in terms of resistances. Especially detailing more about the Beastheads one cuz it doesn't have anything else about them sans Reality Warping (which should also be written down to the other characters with these resistances by extent).

Side note, would it perhaps be good to maybe note how well Dante's regen or just maybe list a feat or two of what he's done to get it? I've already seen clips and played DMC4 to know he can take deep stab wounds here and there throughout the series but was thinking it'd be good to maybe list that on there for those that actually never played DMC. Thoughts?

There's is a feat I've mentioned previously that I still really want to see evaluated/calc'd properly, since I have no idea how I would go about it myself.

What I'm talking about is Nero's Buster animation against Vergil in DMC5. In it, we see Vergil attack Nero with the Yamato from the side, it gets lodged in him and then he pulls it out to attack Vergil. The reason I'm curious about this is specifically because of the Yamato getting lodged in Nero's side. We can see Vergil attempt to slice him from the side, and struggle to, so we know he's putting proper effort into it and including all the power he can. The problem here is that the Yamato has consistently shown to be able to effortlessly cut through entire dimensions by Vergil himself. If Vergil is genuinely attempting to slice Nero in half there, as he most certainly appears to be and yet struggles to do so, that must be an absolutely ridiculous durability feat.

To add further, in that animation Nero doesn't even take any damage but Vergil is. That would certainly imply that Nero is somehow 'immune' to Yamato stabbing him but Vergil is not.

That does raise the question of why he would have spatial manip resistance but nobody else does. I suppose it could be argued that Dante and Vergil would also be capable of spatial manip resistance? Again, I want to see some discussion other than my own on this feat, since it's been ignored quite often so far and it could be a massively feat.

That's not my point here. Nero did definitely get attacked by the Yamato by a serious Vergil, who attempted to slice him from the side, and yet managed to get the Yamato lodged inside of him. Given that both Vergil and Nero are clearly shown to have been affected by the attack at the end of the animation by a similar amount, I'm almost certain that's just for the sake of a game mechanic.

I'm also certain that's for game mechanic, this animation comes from a grab, wouldn't make any sense we receive damage from it

It is also avoidable on the fight, correct me if I'm wrong

What exactly do you mean avoidable? Like, it's possible to beat the fight without entering the animation? That's correct, but doesn't really invalidate anything said thus far.

Well, when I was saying that Dante and Vergil were stabing each other in their fight in DMC5 using Vergil's "just like old times" grab, people said that it's vague since it is avoidable in combat

The same happens here

Eh... I do have a problem with Vergil's and Dante's animation, but for a different reason. The Yamato isn't stopped in any way, it just stabs into Dante and gets pulled out and he's fine. At most, that's just a really fast Regenerationn feat. However, when it comes to avoidability, there is a different problem here. If you beat the Dante vs Vergil fight, it's not only easy to dodge that attack, but outright expected. On the other hand, in the Nero vs Vergil fight, the game literally tells you to use the Buster attack on him directly, and gives you a ridiculously long amount of time to do it before Vergil gets up and the game assumes you're just being an idiot. While the animation in the Dante vs Vergil fight is at best a Regenerationn feat and entirely avoidable, Nero's animation explicitly seems to be a durability/maybe resistance feat in a semi-cutscene fashion that the game obviously expects you to use. Yes, it's technically avoidable. But there is absolutely no reason to assume that in the canon fight they would have avoided it.

Back