• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Devil May Cry Discussion Thread 12: Dante's Awakening

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, I see

Let me check some things. I think that it could qualify as a speed feat, I just need to check the speed required to split a molecule.

For air, the speed required to split a molecule would be any speed over 500 m/s given the average speed of the molecules in air in an open space. It also requires the precision to catch something smaller than even the most precise human eye could ever see.

So in other words, not a feat compared to Dante's FTL/MFTL feats or his Lightning timer feats.

Also not a feat compared to his gunfire feats.

Thank you, It's something for volume 1 Dante but even then volume 1 Dante has better feats than that but it's good to know

Went and calc'd it.

Since he appears to dodge it from point blank ranges, I assumed 1 foot of distance, or .3 meters. Plugging it into our feat calcs for laser dodging, we get:

1,998,616,386.6 m/s, 6x FTL

Uh, FTL Reactions for DMC3 Dante, though this will probably be ruled as an outlier.

I used the GIF Dante provided in the thread.

Dante jumps out of the way of the laser right as it fires, and is literally touching the chess piece.

Probably. Dante's body never touches the laser, he dodges just fast enough to clear it before it hits him.

Even if it wasn't valid, it shows that Dante has been fighting enemies that can attack at the speed of light for a while, and would thusly need SoL reactions at the very least to avoid their attacks.

Would explain why he can dodge lightning so casually.

Also, DmC: DmC needs its speed revised since dodging or moving faster than lightning isn't relativistic, juts MHS+

Someome should calc Nevan lighting, Dante can dodgestop point blank from the ground, also calc griffon.

We have many feats to be calc'd that could yield great results.

Dodging a lightning bolt from point blank range is 343,000 m/s, or exactly Mach 1000.

Since Dante does this casually, he's likely pretty far above it.

Basically what I'm saying is, Dante being SoL isn't much of an outlier since the only other major speed feat he has is done casually as hell.

I believe this would be some form of Madness Manipulation and Fear Manipulation.

The first highlight shows demons naturally have some sort of Fear Manipulation which would be given to all demons and part demons.

The other highlights show that the demon world naturally causes dread and instanity in humans who are in the demon world which would naturally give those who can manipulated the demon world or it's energy Madness Manipulation, but what type of madness manipulation it is? I have no clue. But it being a natural property of the demon world implies Type 3.

KnightOfSunlight said:
Dodging a lightning bolt from point blank range is 343,000 m/s, or exactly Mach 1000.
Since Dante does this casually, he's likely pretty far above it.

Basically what I'm saying is, Dante being SoL isn't much of an outlier since the only other major speed feat he has is done casually as hell.
Well, even ultra fodders like the Puia from DMC2, which might be around 9-B, have lightning statements

However, FTL is already at the God Tiers level, and coming from DMC3 Dante doesn't help at all

Yeah, but even still, I'd say he'd need SoL reactions and speed at the very least.

As for thte Madness thing, that would be type 3.

Made a discord server.

When you join, I'll give you a role.

There's three tiers, SS, S, and A

SS is higher tier mods, S is mods, A is regulars

There's also D, but that's for people who do no no naughty things and piss off the rest of the members.

They get put in the "can't JC" corner

Gilver has no direct scaling to Lady so I don't think he would scale to her speed.

A Tony Redgrave key would be extremely simple and lacking in tier, I don't think it would be needed with how close it should be timeline wise to manga and dmc3 Dante.

They have, Gilver is superior to regular demons, who are capable of giving Lady a hard time

Tony Key would be At least 9-B, HH+ speed and some haxes

It's never stated Gilver created the nexus, and if it was it is a tremendous outlier. Isn't it implied to have been created by the Demon Tree?

@Dante Demon Killah I dunno the scaling still iffy since it's different regular demons and I don't think I've seen Lady struggle with regular demons.

I mean yeah but it would literally just be DMC3 Dante but I guess it's be fun to have match ups with him. I'll start working on it some time today or tomorrow.

Kepekley23 said:
It's never stated Gilver created the nexus, and if it was it is a tremendous outlier. Isn't it implied to have been created by the Demon Tree?
There were 2. One at the sanatorium which was created by the demon tree using Jessica (Grue's daughter) as a host.The second one was created by Gilver when he and Dante were fighting.

Also, It isn't AP despite being in the AP section. That's it's range which I didn't want anyone to overlook it and be surprise.Plus I've seen similar feats be taken as AP despite not being AP in the normal sense.

It is never implied there is more than one nexus. Gilver's nexus is the same as the Tree's.

Even if it weren't, it'd fall under Environmental Destruction. Gilver, under extrenuous circumstances, can summon something that is capable of pulling two realities together. This isn't applicable to anything else.

Gilver's nexus is entirely seperate and happened a day after.

Dante destroyed the tree's nexus causing the sanatorium's nexus and the reality warping it caused to disappear.

Kepekley23 said:
Even if it weren't, it'd fall under Environmental Destruction. Gilver, under extrenuous circumstances, can summon something that is capable of pulling two realities together. This isn't applicable to anything else.
That's what it is, I just forgot Enviornmental Desctruction was a thing on the wiki.Gilver just does it so I thing the only "extrenuous circumstances" would be that he has to wait an unknown amount of time before creating it.Also, the nexus thing is pretty weird, it doesn't create a portal to allow the demon world to consume the human world but rather reality warps the human world into another demon world, doesn't change anything but it's interesting.

New Visions of V chapter:https://********.org/chapter/720630/1

According to V, Nightmare is strong enough to oppose Urizen but he can't do nothing amazing with Nightmare because he last only a few seconds.

>Base DMC1 Dante beat Nightmare

>Nightmare is strong enough to oppose Urizen

Unless V undid the power restraint Mundus placed on Nightmare, this doesn't make sense

Although, I guess it's possible Nightmare isn't restrained anymore considering he can shape shift and doesn't have the binds/chains/metal.

So a few seconds is all V could make to have Nightmare out.

I guess it makes sense cuz he's fine having Griffon and Shadow out for as long as needed, but Nightmare likely requires or uses up that much energy out of V to be out. Even then, that might not be enough for Nightmare to do anything assuming Urizen even lets V have Nightmare do work in that small amout of time.

So Dante's finally going to appear, I mean, the real Dante, he looks awesome in manga style

Also V stated when he saved Nero that Urizen was stronger then he imagined, so Urizen =/= Nightmare

i personally think V is overstimating nightmare, let's see the evidence:

Mundus created a powerful demon but feared his power, not because he could kill him but because it could lay waste to the demon world.

Dante killed Nightmare in base and defeated it two times prior

For it to have a chance against Urizen then it should be way stronger than Mundus, Despair, Void M, DMC2 and 4 Dante.

He doesn't know the full power Urizen has, it is confirmed in the prologue when he says "he is far stronger than we could've ever imagined" and at the same time doesn't know the full power of other beings like Mundus, Dante and nightmare itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back