• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Devil May Cry Discussion Thread 12: Dante's Awakening

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know what the size of Leviathan is? because it would seem that he had an Eiffel Tower in his stomach.

So, is there anyone here that can understand japanese VA and willing to give a couple hours summarizing DMC audio drama vol. 2?

I don't remember much of the DMC audio drama vol. 2 (at least nothing remarkable, but that was some time ago), I remember that the first story was about a Dante chasing a demon that manipulated children's minds to kidnap them by posing as Peter Pan, and the second story was about a group of detectives investigating Dante and company.

"When we started making DMC5 Itsuno-san had a vision for how the game would play out ― particularly the end of the game. In order to see that vision come to fruition, we decided that it would make the most sense to change around the continuity a little. In addition to the games, there are a couple novels and manga that have been released under the Devil May Cry license, and Itsuno-san personally oversees the writing for these, so that we can consider them canon. The latest was a prologue to DMC5 called "Before the Nightmare", and in that we've done our best to fill in most of the plot details, though it's unfortunately not available in any language other than Japanese currently." - Matt Walker

Don't think Deadly Fortune is included in this statement since it was written by Bingo during the period he wasn't apart of Capcom but it's safe to say the manga and DMC volume 1 and 2 are canon.

Gilver has pretty good feats and I'm pretty sure DMC3 Dante would recieve a tier upgrade for this but I have to reread DMC volume 1. Also, a Gilver page would be great

Now that we know that the novels are officially canon, I will reread DMC volume 1 and point out anything notable because I forgot 90% of the stuff that happens in it

We should probably change Nero's DMC5 DT art.

The current art doesn't show his wings well, and the official art or models would do a better job of showing those, as seen above.

Might be something random to ask at the moment, but what were the arguments for saying the human and demon world are referred as universes instead of planets? Some people insist that World=Planet only

Also that the parts were they are referred as Heaven and Earth, some people are saying cuz it says Earth there it cant mean the universe, but the planet

Can anyone tell me about these?Will gladly appreciate it

BlackDarkness679 said:
Might be something random to ask at the moment, but what were the arguments for saying the human and demon world are referred as universes instead of planets? Some people insist that World=Planet only

Also that the parts were they are referred as Heaven and Earth, some people are saying cuz it says Earth there it cant mean the universe, but the planet

Can anyone tell me about these?Will gladly appreciate it
dmc3's manga explains that they were once a single universe and then divided into two. https://ibb.co/RgBbHk3 The dmc2 strategy code mentions that they are dimensions. https://m.imgur.com/VLeQLu3

sometimes yes, sometimes not, but it means that it is not a planet physically speaking also in the anime when patty enters the demonic world a moon is seen for a second

BlackDarkness679 said:
Does a dimension imply universe size?
Not necessarily so for "alternate dimensions" and shit, but when someone speaks of "the Human Dimension", they're obviously talking about the universe instead of the planet.

DMC volume 1 and 2 were the only novels published under the devil may cry license before Before the Nightmare.Matthew states Itsuno looked at all of the novels and manga to tie in with DMC5 (and that shows with DMC5 and Before the Nightmare).

In addition to the games, there are a couple novels and manga that have been released under the Devil May Cry license, and Itsuno-san personally oversees the writing for these, so that we can consider them canon.

He can't be talking about any other novels other than DMC volumes 1 and 2 or Deadly Fortune unless there exists other DMC novels that are hidden

It is obviously not fully canon either way, but if you're willing to take that as "canon until it is not" then sure.

We have to already do that with the DMC games themselves so it shouldn't be different here.The contradictions from game to game or medium to medium I'm surprise every other one isn't set in it's own universe.Also, I'm surprised by how much DMC volume 1 actually put into Dante's character that the games and anime take from, it's pretty interesting to read it a second time.

I mean, if it meant splitting molecules, then that's impressive.

That would be molecular matter manipulation though, not a speed feat

I don't know it was done through speed.

"Dante spotted an opening and swung his sword
around so quickly it nearly parted the molecules of the air
itself."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back