• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Devil May Cry Discussion Thread 12: Dante's Awakening

Status
Not open for further replies.
Low-Godly regen for the summons (can regenerate from the core which is akin to something like a soul): https://********.org/chapter/702584/8

Dream manipulation and BFR with V's Nightmare.

Also, Urizen and Vergil should have transmutation for being able to control the Qliphoth's tendrils which turns people into pollen

put it in the thread of mega hax for dmc and dante destroyed the v / vergil calls that does not give an improvement to the regen negation of dante

Oliver de jesus said:
put it in the thread of mega hax for dmc and dante destroyed the v / vergil calls that does not give an improvement to the regen negation of dante
K. And yep no regen negation upgrade for Dante.

He destroyed him beyond his Regenerationn

However, Argosax and Mundus should scale to Sid, they are full demons and much more powerful than him

So, what level of regen/regen-negation would that be?

According to BTN, not a single modern weapon can kill a demon. I was going to mention this a while back but didn't know how to approach it and then forgot. I understand how Nero's weapons and E&I aren't normal weapons and explicitly made to fight demons but the statement kinda ignores Lady's regular weapons that could kill Seven Hells in DMC3 but then again the narrator tells us Dante wasn't lying when he said Lady and Trish the strongest women in the world and the narrartor further states their are no equals to Lady or Trish in the devil hunting business barring Dante and strangely Trish got knocked out by Urizen and Lady fought Urizen by herself for an unknown amount of time.Maybe it's possible that Lady has special weapons that the military doesn't, idk.

But the main things I wanted to discuss was the tiering of lesser demons.

The Hell Caina are fodder but just 1 can easily cut a car in half and launch it a few feet in the air (looks 9-B but could be higher)

A single Empusa can do this (looks 9-B) while weakened

Behemoths can do this (looks 9-A but could be lower)

Blitz utilitzes natural lightning (8-C)

Assaults, Blades and Cutless can dig their bodies through the ground (9-A to 9-B)

Frosts and Baphomets can instantly freeze humanoids (9-A)

And lastly Plasmas utilize natural lightning (8-C) and can summon a thunderstorm (Low 7-B to 7-B)

I could be missing more but from what I've gathered lesser demons are indeed superior to humans physically and are comparable with most irl weapons, vehicals and animals but are weaker when it comes to Tier 7 stuff nevertheless BTN stating not a single modern weapon could kill a demon isn't far off from the truth.This also probably means Lady should get an upgrade aswell.

Well, maybe Kallina Ann is stronger than we think tho

Also, didn't Nico knew Lady before DMC5 ? Maybe Lady's weapons (some of them) were made by Nico, explaining how they can kill demons

If Lady's weapons were enhanced in any way to fight demons the same way Dantes guns were modified to fight demons (or is that just his shotgun?), I could see this making sense of why she can kill them.

...Were they enhanced back in DMC3?

Dantes guns were modified to fight demons (or is that just his shotgun?)

Not just his shotgun. E&I were specially made to fight demons as well and just one is apparently really difficult to wield by a normal person with 2 arms.

Were they enhanced back in DMC3?

That's what I want to know. I can buy Kalina Ann being specially made for demon hunting but I don't know about her normal looking weapons since they look....normal.But an argument could be made that they aren't since Lady is accustomed to demon hunting.

Ah right. And that's a true point. Dante has always had them even somtimes before DMC3 and still uses them today as of 5.

Yeah, same.

I feel like the statement of "no modern weapons could kill a demon" is a bit of an NLF. I mean, would that mean that a nuclear bomb could be dropped on a demon and they'd be fine? I think that statement was probably meant to refer moreso to the kinds of things the military would use, which is why things like the Kalina Ann (a specially designed mega rocket launcher) is capable of killing them. The military certainly ca use that kind of firepower, but it's still far, far beyond anything they would regularly use.

@DarkGrath

That's what the context implies and basically what I trying to say.It's why I mentioned feats of the lesser demons to see if the statement holds true when in regards to most hand carried firearms and vehicals and it seems that it does when talking about their feats.

I thought that Trinity of Fate only contains some game data, nothing new that we haven't seen before in the game or other add-ons.

Galens said:
I thought that Trinity of Fate only contains some game data, nothing new that we haven't seen before in the game or other add-ons.
Basically, but it outright tells us Vergil's motivation and has some cool albeit useless information

Yes, I think I read on some page that in Trinity of Fate they mentioned that Trish had risen (although they don't clarify how he did it)

Maybe, but nothing confirms it, I would even risk saying it was Eva, but in the end everything is a guess.

Galens said:
Yes, I think I read on some page that in Trinity of Fate they mentioned that Trish had risen (although they don't clarify how he did it)
"And so she gives her final breath protecting Dante from Mundus' fatal blow. From her self-sacrificing actions, Dante sees her as a human for the first time. Dante leaves his mother's keepsake amulet beside Trish's corpse. The tears he cries fall onto Trish's face. At this point, she becomes a true "human" with a heart of her ow." I don't know what they were implying here but apparently it was a "miracle". Also, Trish is a low class demon just like the Marrionettes

Does Dienomite have Trinity of Fate scans? since I would like to take a look.

The closest I had to read them was on this page

"And as Dante faces Mundus in their final decisive battle, the revived Trish appears before Dante to give him courage like his mother. This is also a miracle. A mother's thoughts of watching over her child."

She was considerably weaker than DMC1 bosses given her shocking reaction to Dante beating them but I never thought she was the same class as Marrionettes... then again lower lesser Demons also Havre a tier 7 feat so whatever. She probably improved alot since 1 though given the whole himan/heart thing + training/experience.

So its mentioned in the m14 book of DMC2 that dante must go to the key post of the demon world to find 4 lights to open up the future and the past does this mean that the demon world has its future and past separate to the human world? If so then does this mean that human world and demon world have different space time

argosax should not have invocation / bfr for bringing phantom to dmc2 and should not have a chance (type 1) since it is not affected by argosax paradoxes

Just now found out Divinity statue has the official DMC 1,2,3 and 4 bradygame guidebooks and Dan Birlew strategy guides available for download

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back