• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Devil May Cry Discussion Thread 12: Dante's Awakening

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonder how a Dante vs Dante fight will go like.

All I can imagine is the two just Swordmastergunslingerroyalguardtrickergunslingerswordmasterroyalguardtricksterswordmaster...

That and a SDT vs SDT clash

I think that it maybe could be what it should be while we think what they will put in the possibly relative future

They should allow only two devil arms and two guns so it doesn't become a mess.

Nero should be 2 or 4 arms and V is good.

For Vergil, Yamato is good enough right now but they could give him Beo and FE to keep it cool

If they add trish and Lady then is just a re-use of their DMC4 gameplay style.

King Cerberus' profile is about done, just need a proper render: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Dienomite22/Profiles

Also, Gilver has been done for months now but I wanted to add it when I made a Tony Regrave key for Dante which I did make but I chose to make it seperately from the profile because Dante's current profile's code seems to be busted and won't allow anyone to view it in viewer mode which is annoying and now I don't know how I would add the Tony regrave key without messing with Dante's profile too much. I will probably have to just remake his entire profile one day or try to find what's making it act weird compared to other profiles.

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User:Dienomite22/sandbox

Hey, can I help ?

His striking should be "City Class", whithout "level"

A 9-B Dante will be cool tho, however his Concep Manip was stated in DMC3 manga, so it should be in the other key, his accelerated development aswell

We also should search for AP feats, maybe ?

@Dante Demon Killah

I moved Gilver and King Cerberus to a blog in link above, all I need to finish King Cerberus is a quote and a render.

You can see Dante's Tony Redgrave key in my sandbox and if you try to edit, you can see how you're only allowed to work in source mode for some reason and Dante's profile always had this issue. I don't think I'm skilled or diligent enough to add the Tony Redgrave key and changes to Dante's profile without breaking something.

I do aswell, but I'm afraid of damaging the profile if I attempted to add the Tony Redgrave changes to it. It's pretty confusing since they all can't be copied/pasted and they have to be added before DMC3 stuff.

I'm willing to help with any editing. I'm quite experienced with source mode at this point.

I just thought of a simple way to fix this without any issues or messing with the main profile.

I should just copy/paste the none conflicting info from the current profile and put it into the sandbox and then paste the tony redgrave stuff into that code.

Okay, everything should be good now but I don't know how to get rid of the empty Standard Equipment collapsable window that somehow appeared, if any of you guys think you know how to get rid of it feel free to.

Composite profiles aren't allowed, but do you mean a composite key?

Hm... I think that's allowed? And it could be interesting. I'll need to check on that though.

if that succeeds we will have the most op dante of fiction. if it happens I will put the cell meme and all 2A without hax that does not exceed the 5D will feel the real terror.

Can I ask again why Dante has immortality on his profile? I mean, the dude clearly does age througout the series.

I know the whole "but he ages like demons in his DT" but do we really if demons ARE immortal? Sparda just dropt dead 2000 years after the holy war.

We don't know how Sparda died but it's implied he was killed. You can have immortality type 1 but still age. And half-demons have a longer life spans in DMC as seen with Matier who lived for centuries.

Decapitation is probably the one thing Dante hasn't ever regen or stay alive from...yet. His regen is OP and fast for the kind of level it is, but I too doubt that he can survive it unless shown to be and live to tell the tale. Though knowing Dante, that would just be added to the list of things that tried to kill him but didn't lol.

Although V seemed like he was gonna stab through his head in that one post mission ending or whatever, and I think I recall him saying how stubborn he can be so maybe there was the possibility that such a wound wouldn't kill him? Although I'm not quite sure if that translates to surviving decapitation or not.

Probably some auto combos? Maybe a port for the phone?

As for the trailer, it looks amazing and I love they keep the desing for rebellion from DMC4 instead of 2/5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back