• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Devil May Cry Discussion Thread 12: Dante's Awakening

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Therefore, Mundus, day after day, year after year, looked for them. The elder brother was found first - Vergil. He did not hide where he came from and who, but simply wandered around the world. Mundus sent countless killers to Vergil, but they all died from the Yamato, the legacy of Sparda. Vergil masterfully handled the katana and did not leave any chance to the enemies. In addition, Mundus, locked in hell, could not send enough strong servants to the world of people to deal with the son of Sparda.

But the youngest son, named Dante, acted differently: changed his name and began to live an ordinary human life. Mundus did not find him immediately ― until ten years after the murder of Eva - and at first he simply suspected Dante of a certain person. That man was called Tony Redgrave. Mundus sent lower demons to him, and Tony wiped them into powder. This was the proof: Tony is Dante. Well, who else can deal with even lower, but demons? Then the emperor decided to create in the name of revenge a demon that would overshadow the power of all his minions.

And he created, but previously carefully studied how Dante, Vergil and Sparda fight. And the armor for the new demon was forged by the infernal smith Machiavelli. The created demon, hardened in hellfire and clad in strong armor, received the name "black knights". And they were not afraid of anyone.

The black knights hunted Tony Redgrave for a long time and already drove him into a corner, but nevertheless suffered a defeat.

Mundus continued his experiments and created time after time new black knights, but they still could not kill either Vergil or Dante, who was hiding under the name Tony."

This along with all of the stuff BTN shares with DMC1 novel (which is basically everything besides a mention of Gilver for a good reason) takes place before DMC3 and obviously DMC1 according to the narrarator and also at the end of the DMC1 novel, after Nell's death and Dante's fight with Gilver, Dante stops using the Tony Redgrave alias which is what happened according to Morrison's Letters in DMC5, Dante also stopped using Tony Redgrave as an alias after Nell's death but Morrison tells us he didn't know who caused murdered her.

These events happened 10 years after Eva's death and we already know DMC1 takes place 20 years after Eva's death so this happens in the time between pre-DMC3 and before DMC1.

Even with the BTN heavily using DMC1 novel to explain things, the amount of things it contradicts is a tough pill to swallow but the sheer numerous plot points brought directly from DMC1 novel is also hard to swallow.This could mean DMC1 novel is canon but just has a contradictions that are retconned by BTN or BTN and DMC5's numerous connections to the main plot points of the DMC1 novel are just taken from it for no reason.

Anyhow, this is stupid.Not that the writing is bad or anything but this entire point in Dante's history is like their trying to make DMC1 novel canon but at the same time ignoring it's contradictions to the canon and it's hard to wrap my head around this stuff to determine canon so I will just leave this as stupid, headache inducing food for thought.

@Qliphoth Bacikal

It's fairly short, I'm alittle over half way and I started today and haven't been giving it my fullest attention.Trying to comprehend the DMC1 novel connections is what's hard and time consuming.

oh yea forgot to mention the Angelo armor was forged in hellfire, Artemis is made out of the same material as the angelo armor and Cerberus creates invisible ice barriers.

Not really worth mentioning but apparently Dante and Urizen shook Earth twice.

Quote 1

"The company headed straight for the tree, when suddenly the earth trembled underfoot and a fierce howl sounded - and this very demon woke up from a dream."

Quote 2

"Even before Nero managed to get the revolver, Dante rushed to the enemy, but he easily stopped his onslaught. The earth shook again from their collision." blah blah Dante calls Nero deadweight then "I hear this!" - Nero thought, while the ground trembled under his feet. The atmosphere was heated up to the limit, but Nero was not going to leave. - Nero, let's go! - putting his hand on his shoulder, V called to him. Nero burst out, rushed to the demon, when he suddenly noticed that a stone block was rushing towards them from the ceiling, causing the debris to separate him and Dante. They had to retreat. The block collapsed, and the earth fell from under Nero's feet. There, where he had just been, another block collapsed. Stones fell from the ceiling one by one, and soon the path to the demon emperor was blocked, enough that you could not break through. Nero struggled to stand still on his feet.

the second one is actually this clash from DMC5

Okay, I'm done with it. It was enjoyable to read except for the Rock Goldstein parts (it kept doing flashbacks).

Final things to note is that Urizen is attributed to be a "threat to the world" or "end of the world" multiple times over and Nero's arm stub pulsed as he got closer to the Qliphoth.

I don't think a downgrade would be succesful. The only real argument I can see being made is that all of the evidence is an outlier, which doesn't make sense and has already been debunked throughly. I can see Matt possibly trying his hand at it, and indeed he'd be the biggest threat since he tries to argue extremely logically, however, I also think he errs too far on the side of skepticism, so much so that it occasionally becomes annoyingly dumb.

Denying that Dante traveled a celestial distance is just... asinie? It feels like he didn't even read the calcs and the reasons that we believed them to be solid.

guys I'll make a mega addition of hax to devil may cry (I think dante can have an astract type 3 existence even maybe void mundus an astract type 1 existence).

I used that as evidence for Dante's resistance to power absorption and that's all that is.Dante doesn't need demonic magic to live so if his magic was sapped or absorbed or taken out of his body, it wouldn't kill him.

Ray! well at least the possibility that void mundus is an astract being there is still the reason why it empties a void that is the source of the demonic world.

I think void mundus would have Inorganic Physiology

Also a good amount of missing abilities for Void Mundus namely Overwhelming Aura, Madness Manipulation, Weapon Creation (Created swords and arrows), BFR (Created a portal which leads to the Void aka himself, created the portal which sent Dante to the parallel world), Sleep Inducement (The alternate dimension travel portal causes the victim to fall asleep.) and I'm pretty sure other stuff.

I already put those skills in the thread except the aura and sleep manipulation also would not be better portal creation and not coporal than bfr and inorgánic physiology?

ok, you pass me the aura, sleep manipulation scan and bfr i'm on the tablet and i don't have the novel here and i can't download anything.

Am I the only one that wasn't aware that DMC4se has a cheat code that allows you to play it without the special edition gameplay tweaks?

Well ... DMC3 also has a cheat code to unlock "all" the material without having to play the game, so it makes sense (I didn't know that trick about DMC4 until now)

I was just looking through the DMC4SE website and found out it exists on all platforms and when activated it changes the logo's color scheme.Also, I think I remember people complaining about the changes to gameplay SE made to DMC4 and they stuff with the original DMC4, they probably didn't know this existed in SE.

Wait wha

I have never heard about this, and I have like, hundreds of hours in DMC4SE.

It is definitely the same code that was used in the DMC3 SE (thanks for the data Dienomite, I did not know about that) although I personally never had many problems regarding that case, but that code would have been very useful to me at that time (now I could not use it because you would have to delete the saved data, and the "SSS" don't get by themselves)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back