• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Demon's Souls Discussion Thread

Made a Maiden in Black profile in my Sandbox, will make more once I'm off work. What do you think?
I would remove the likelys of sleep and soul absorption, they're pretty straight forward. I would put durability as still Low 5-B, them getting killed early game seems to just be a inconsistency, considering they have no reason to have there durability not scale.

I would remove the likelys of sleep and soul absorption, they're pretty straight forward. I would put durability as still Low 5-B, them getting killed early game seems to just be a inconsistency, considering they have no reason to have there durability not scale.
Removed the likelys, dunno about the dura one, considering when she takes a hit from Low 5-B Slayer in the bad ending she gets folded like an omelet. And her striking and lifting are unknowns, so we can't scale her dura to those.

Removed the likelys, dunno about the dura one, considering when she takes a hit from Low 5-B Slayer in the bad ending she gets folded like an omelet. And her striking and lifting are unknowns, so we can't scale her dura to those.
Well, there in't much to say she isn't a glass cannon. How about "At Most Low 5-B" for durability?

Well, there in't much to say she isn't a glass cannon. How about "At Most Low 5-B" for durability?
I can work with that. But I wouldn't say glass cannon Archdemons are without precedent, seeing as the likes of Astraea and blob King Allant have all the staying power of a wet napkin once Slayer is all up in their business, and are lacking in striking strength to back up a Low 5-B dura.

I can work with that. But I wouldn't say glass cannon Archdemons are without precedent, seeing as the likes of Astraea and blob King Allant have all the staying power of a wet napkin once Slayer is all up in their business, and are lacking in striking strength to back up a Low 5-B dura.
They still tank hits, do they not? If they aint instantly getting creamed, they at least scale.

Also, multiplying the explosive yield on Armor Spider's calc (2.763 tons) times 5 (Slayer, Armor Spider, and the other 3 Stage 1 Demons) makes for 13.815 tons, City Block level. A new bare minimum for the Stage 2 Demons like Tower Knight? Also, if you highball and double it for each Stage 1 Demon killed, the total is 44.208 tons, a good bit better, still 8-B tho

I would say Class M instead of G. Game>Concept Art. Other than that it seems fine.
There's little to nothing in-game contradicting The Nexus' depiction in concept art. Well, the environment below/surrounding it is contradicted, but the structure itself isn't.

Should we add Accelerated Development for Slayer and Demons, since Slayer can canonically level up and boost their stats at an accelerated rate, and Demons can absorb souls to grow the size of their own and become more powerful?

Btw, I think we should add Subjective Reality to characters with human souls, due to things like World Tendency, as well as the fact that The Old One erased half of the Earth by wiping out half of the population.

Skip to 13:33 for explanation on how World Tendency works in-lore:

Quote from The Monumental explaining how The Old One wiped out half of Earth:
"A soul is the essence with which living things comprehend the world around them.
When one loses the Soul, one loses the mind; a land barren of Souls is absorbed by fog and banished to the infinite darkness."

Depending on how we view the canonicity of the remake, Fractured Mode could also serve as justification for adding Subjective Reality

Only impacts Vanguard and beginning-of-game Slayer tho, since even a wimp like Phalanx should upscale to the next tier due to it being juuuust below 8-C

Btw, should we change the Tier 5 ratings from just solid Tier 5 to, say, High 6-A, possibly/likely Low 5-B, since we never really see the extent of erasure?

cover6.jpg

Bump it

Btw guys, Soulbrandt's description says it attacks the soul. So that's another way dudes like Slayer and Allant negate dura, should also apply to Old King Doran since he wields Northern Regalia, which is a fusion of Soulbrandt and Demonbrandt. Demonbrandt's description doesn't say anything to that effect, but I imagine it has an equal effect and negates dura against Demons, or at least has circumstantial damage boost against them.

Last edited:
Btw guys, Soulbrandt's description says it attacks the soul. So that's another way dudes like Slayer and Allant negate dura, should also apply to Old King Doran since he wields Northern Regalia, which is a fusion of Soulbrandt and Demonbrandt. Demonbrandt's description doesn't say anything to that effect, but I imagine it has an equal effect and negates dura against Demons, or at least has circumstantial damage boost against them.
Also is another form of Soul Manip for them.

I'll get started on profiles for the more notable weapons of the game, since there's not really any revisions to be had for them, and you can just read their wiki entries on Fextralife or sumn and pretty immediately know the justification for their powers and stats.
Probably doing the Boletarian greatsword trio, Dragon Bone Smasher, and Blueblood Sword first

And also, Soulbrandt deals magic damage, and magic-dealing spells like Soul Arrow are stated to be effective against armor and scales. While metal is highly conductive, keratin isn't so much, so I don't think that has to do with it. Would "negates durability to an extent" be in order for Demon's Souls magic damage, something to add to the next CRT?

And also, Soulbrandt deals magic damage, and magic-dealing spells like Soul Arrow are stated to be effective against armor and scales. While metal is highly conductive, keratin isn't so much, so I don't think that has to do with it. Would "negates durability to an extent" be in order for Demon's Souls magic damage, something to add to the next CRT?
Add it in the next.

Back