• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Stage 2 Major Demons are currently considered at least High 8-C for upscaling from Armor Spider. This is a needlessly conservative upscale. We can already add a 5x multiplier (Armor Spider, Slayer of Demons (fought Armor Spider equally), and the remaining 3 Stage 1 Major Demons) since Stage 1 Major Demons are regarded as comparable if not equal, so 2.763×5, which results in an AP value of 13.815 tons, 8-B.

This one is a bit tenuous, but we can also do a highballed multiplier chain, doubling the AP for each Stage 1 Major Demon defeated (excluding the already-defeated Phalanx), so 2.763(2×4) resulting in 44.208 tons, also 8-B.

Regardless, both of these aren't accounting for the scores to hundreds of other enemies whose souls Slayer claims in between bosses, so "at least 8-B" ought to be a fair bare minimum for Stage 2 Major Demons.

As for a high-end, this blog states that none of The Giants of the Northern Land reached the level of an Archdemon, meaning they capped out at the level of a Stage 2 Major Demon, such as Flamelurker. Keep in mind that the AP yield in the Giants calc is just KE from a light jog, so it's pretty casual. That puts the high-end AP for a Stage 2 Major Demon at a pretty comfortable Town level.

TL;DR: Tower Knight, Flamelurker, and the other Stage 2 Major Demons, as well as mid-game Slayer of Demons, should be upgraded from "at least High 8-C" to "at least 8-B, likely 7-C"

Seems legit. And for those who ask, the Slayer of Demons does get more powerful proportional to the power of the souls he has absorbed.

Seems legit. And for those who ask, the Slayer of Demons does get more powerful proportional to the power of the souls he has absorbed.
Well I mean yeah, that's the basics of the SoulsBorne style of in-lore "leveling". The wiki has two other verses with power mechanics just like it so I don't think that will be disputed

I suppose we just need a wiki staff member to agree to the changes. I'll check the supporters section of the verse page

Evidence in favor of it being a valid multiplier is that they all scale evenly to each other, occupying the same rung of the Demon hierarchy, and SoulsBorne characters get stronger proportional to the size of their soul, essentially meaning double the size/power/potency/etc. of the soul = double their stats

Last edited:
cover6.jpg

Bump it

I'm not knowledgeable on Demon Souls and have only played Dark Souls 1 and 3. With that said I think this is ok?. From what I recall from playing Souls games, souls are power and taking someone's soul basically gives you their strength so if I killed someone equal to me in power and stole their soul, I'd become twice as strong.

If Demon Souls has the same system as Dark Souls (which I think it does but I haven't played it) I don't really have a problem with this but that's just my thoughts.

Can I apply the changes, then? The proposed changes haven't received much contention, and I've basically just been waiting for a member of wiki staff to approve it

Back