• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Demonbane Revision but not really (And why it's matters)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Demonbane being nuked is a good thing. No more misconceptions, no more false informations, no more stupid wank/downgrade. I say, just let the verse banned from VBW, it would be benefit for both sides.
You can't ban a verse from the wiki. If someone has the interest to remake it then as long as they provide evidence and logical reasoning, they can.

So....who's gonna be bext to be "killed"? Shinza lost its 1-A and the ultra omni-powers, Demonbane vanished into nothing, Kami Tenchi too

........Umineko?
Well, kind of yes but not totally
Old tier 1 verses really have bad treatment on many levels

Funny how in Gunshin, Chou Demonbane and Chou Liber Legis nuked shitload of universes, repainted the whole history and even ascended into hyper - hyper timespace above hypertime and hyperspace that located at the top of hyperdimension, but these feats are still nothing to Neo Demonbane in Strange Aeons. Or how a failed summoning of Great Old One can cause infinite stories to overlap and torn of the world, time, space, casuality as well.
Wasn't this "hyper-hyper time and space above hyper dimensions" thing one of the most horrid mistranslations known in the verse? I believe it was cleared up long ago when EGD got downgraded to what it is now? In fact, isn't this one of the main reason the verse got downgraded?

Wasn't this "hyper-hyper time and space above hyper dimensions" thing one of the most horrid mistranslations known in the verse? I believe it was cleared up long ago when EGD got downgraded to what it is now? In fact, isn't this one of the main reason the verse got downgraded?
It was downgraded due to different reason

the reason behind the downgrade was the misunderstanding of Shining Trapezohedron's nature iirc. About the mistranslation, idk who spread that nonsense but the english version of the LN are 80% correct.

"EGD" downgraded was due to another reason. Anyhow like said, there is no such thing as EGD, it's a made up name, a fan-fictional Demonbane that might exist in their headcanon.

As for the hyper dimension thingy, it's from the novel Gunshin Kyoushuu, the old English translations for the 3 Gaiden Novels was actually translated from Korean version, hence the quality is indeed questionable. But it DOES exist in Demonbane Mythos. I bought the novel myself so it's a fact.

Precedent downgrade was because of people clearly not knowing what Klein Bottle is.

The only thing left here is we need staff approval to delete the verse AFAIK. We already have a discussion thread if ya'll want to discuss that above.

Wouldn't it be better if Mugen and Kaizuka simply revise the verse, and collaborate to write accompanying explanation blogs via initial sandbox draft pages, instead?

If that is not possible, I suppose that somebody can delete all of the pages in the verse instead. However, all of the other pages that link to them would need to be updated as well.

Wouldn't it be better if Mugen and Kaizuka simply revise the verse, and collaborate to write accompanying explanation blogs via initial sandbox draft pages, instead?

If that is not possible, I suppose that somebody can delete all of the pages in the verse instead. However, all of the other pages that link to them would need to be updated as well.
Would love too, but we simply lack the time and motivation for these job, and thus this would best leave to someone else with a passion for Demonbane Mythos like us to take over.

Same with Kaizuka, but my schedule is very tight here, and we haven't even have any base idea to write for our respect thread.

And in order to revamping Demonbane, lots of efforts need to be taken, including extracting the texts from Light Novel's scan and stuffs. Not to mention we have another translation projects related with Demonbane verse as well, so sadly we have to refuse.

The best option is as usual, delete all profiles and the whole page of Demonbane. From what i have seen everyone here all agreed with delete option.

Okay. That is very unfortunate. It would be better if we counteract the inaccurate information rather than simply delete it.

@Elizhaa @Abstractions @Starter_Pack

Would any of you be willing to delete all of the Demonbane pages and remove ll of the links to them from other pages?

@Mugen_no_Setsuna @Kaizuka_Satomi

Perhaps @QuasiYuri and @Ovy7 would be willing to revise the verse for you, if you give them elaborate instructions.
Since i and Kaizuka are the only persons here who have played Japanese version of 2 games, there might be case that we can give ideas to elaborate the verse correctly. That said, we still have to get our Respect Thread to be done first, without a Respect Thread we can't do anything here. I will consider your suggestion later (y). In the meantime, let's nuke the all Demonbane pages from existence.

Last edited:
Nothing personal, though I am skeptical with Yuri because of his own history, thus would rather take things into my hands instead of lending them some hand.

Maybe when we've done with our respect thread, then they can use them as guidelines. In short, we will think of the next action once the respect thread is done, and in meantime deleting the verse shall be suffice, as things are going to be redone from scratch anyway

It's just sad to see it get deleted because this is a verse that has been potentially mistreated for so long and run into the ground with downgrades and now there's knowledgeable people who are finally able to bring accurate information to the table and it's getting deleted. It's no secret that this visual novel isn't exactly beloved, and it's representation is mostly from battle boards which is why one of the most well known characters in the entire series is entirely made up for the purpose of vs battles, so this is a good opportunity to clear things up I think.

On the other hand, a verse like Demonbane could still stay if there was people like Mugen to collab by sharing some time into working on fixing stuff.

Even then, this probably would also only work if they're that determined to work on it.

IDK, that's my best guess cuz if they can't or don't want to, there's no choice but to delete the verse. Perhaps someone or a group of people may come up to help bring it back properly but I wouldn't put much hope on that so soon either.

So....who's gonna be bext to be "killed"? Shinza lost its 1-A and the ultra omni-powers, Demonbane vanished into nothing, Kami Tenchi too

........Umineko?

Regardless, i will make a general thread about Demonbane erasion, thete you guys can discuss and chat about this news
that would be nice the trinity of OP visual novels get downgraded to dust

If Umineko would ever receive a downgrade it would be nowhere near as severe as either Shinza or Demonbane, unless Ryukishi07 (the author) decided to retcon and downgrade the entire cosmology. But, as someone who's reading the new WTC releases (like Ciconia or Higu Mei), it seems he'll likely do the exact opposite.

If Umineko would ever receive a downgrade it would be nowhere near as severe as either Shinza or Demonbane, unless Ryukishi07 (the author) decided to retcon and downgrade the entire cosmology. But, as someone who's reading the new WTC releases (like Ciconia or Higu Mei), it seems he'll likely do the exact opposite.
Wait is umineko getting stronger as time pass?

Guys, I'm going to be honest and say that just hoping that someone grabs this mess to fix it won't help at all, make some chat group and try to get it done, otherwise it's like when we had a thread for asking pages to be done, and, spoiler alert, 99% of such requests went nowhere and that's why this is no longer done.

Elder God Demonbane was always based on wank, out of context, and hype like many other characters.
Funny that the hype around EGD is pretty lame for me, since it's all just fanfiction at the end of the day. I found it unfun even, just imagine everywhere you go people speaking of a fanfic entity and treat it as canon.

@Mugen_no_Setsuna quick question, which person that is knowledgeable or fluent with the Japanese verified the Japanese texts in the OP?
I have Japanese knowledge so i can verify the contexts of those scans.

If you want, i can bring up the texts that i already extracted from the game.

@Qliphoth_Bacikal also seems to be a person who have Japanese knowledge here too, i think he can help me verify the scans.

Last edited:
Well, like others, I would much prefer if the verse was corrected rather than deleted, but if there is nothing else to do, it needs to be deleted anyway.

@Abstractions @Starter_Pack @Shadowbokunohero @Mindovin @Jvando @SamanPatou @Just_a_Random_Butler

Would any of you be willing to handle it?
Even if i want to correct the verse, however the old pages are really a giant mess, so yeah, much appreciated if they are deleted.

Regardless, once the Respect Thread is done, i think i can come up with solution for the verse, though we still need time to do because there are lots of works here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back