• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Demonbane Revision but not really (And why it's matters)

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah those scans can be tier 1 but sadly there is no translation of novel in any different language so I don't think many people will read and make profile for them...

Even if they want to read, they need to get the actual raws first. And these novels are rare-tier, meaning you couldn't find them on the internet easily.
There's a reason why i have to use my own salary to buy the book though.

What i don't understand til this day, is the bullshit Elder God Demonbane literally came from one of the most emotional scene of Demonbane ever, like, are they only care about powercreep but not the actual story?
Probably those jerkass promote Demonbane as a cringefest are the one at fault here. What's better way to sabotage an verse's reputation than making up context?

Probably those jerkass promote Demonbane as a cringefest are the one at fault here. What's better way to sabotage an verse's reputation than making up context?
Making up context, lying about the verse, using your own reputation and taking advantage of people who couldn't read Japanese. Yeah i can see how this shit goes.

Luckilly, karma still exist in this universe.

IK this is getting even more derailing, but wouldn't EGD technically be a fanfiction character VSB allowed to be around this whole time?

That's a hell of a long time that nobody ever thought to point out until now if you ask me.

Basically

Elder God Demonbane = Fan-fictional Demonbane

Demonbane the Vortex Blaster/Hakaishin Demonbane/"D" = Non-canon Demonbane (for obvious reasons)

Basically

Elder God Demonbane = Fan-fictional Demonbane

Demonbane the Vortex Blaster/Hakaishin Demonbane/"D" = Non-canon Demonbane (for obvious reasons)
I think Jin made DYN just to make Blasterz a trainwreck, he even tweeted that Nitopura are incorrect pretty much hinted this whole deal years ago.

Popularity in these kind of thing is not something I'm very fond of, since the verse itself have much more cool thing than just powerlevel yet barely any reader of the West aware of it

Tbh, try give it a read, as long as you can open your mind more and ignore the foolish DMB & CM comparing, and many more silly sentiment such as belittling things simply because of shounen element and cliche stuffs. Especially the cliche, at this point even things like sympathetic villian or anti-hero is old as heck already.

Popularity in these kind of thing is not something I'm very fond of, since the verse itself have much more cool thing than just powerlevel yet barely any reader of the West aware of it

Tbh, try give it a read, as long as you can open your mind more and ignore the foolish DMB & CM comparing, and many more silly sentiment such as belittling things simply because of shounen element and cliche stuffs. Especially the cliche, at this point even things like sympathetic villian or anti-hero is old as heck already.
Exactly, Demonbane have awesome plot, kick-ass characters and cool music, glorious CG. Also, Jin Haganeya is a big fan of Cthulhu Mythos, there are lots of references of CM that straight up came from various authors, not just Lovecraft alone. But people thought like, Lovecraft is the only legit author while ignoring others such as August William Derleth, Brian Lumley,... that expanded the Mythos later.

I mean, how could anyone hate something like this?

If the entire verse is a scrambled mess filled with false information, I suppose deleting the verse might be alright until someone much more interested and better at evaluating all the tiers and what not reintroduces it. I know ALRF/SleepingTBubble worked hard on it last time and it's had a long history of controversy, but like many other verses that are very complex and very few people know how to make well organized details about it's tierings either due to lack of knowledge on the verse or controversies regarding Tier 1 stuff, and a lack of proper English source materials to work with. If it's that problematic, I think nuking the verse might be fine but would like more staff input before we do that.

AFAIK, ALRF/SleepingTBubble have only read Zanma Taisei and Kishin Hishou. However, his old blogs made very poor explanation for Kishin Hishou and even twisted the contexts, not to mention, many feats, informations are horribly cut down. Judging on how ALRF is skeptical towards Demonbane, i believe he is not fit for revamping the verse. As a fan who have read/check every works of Demonbane in Japanese, his blogs are also just a big mess of misinformations, sadly.

Aside from that, ALRF doesn't possess enough raws nor have time, money to invest on this franchise as much as i am.

Which mean, you have to own these.

SInce I have read all Japanese version of Demonbane VNs, I daresay that ALRF blog are partly responsible for this current mess.

The logic behind my sentiment is, because he himself have played Kishin Hishou, yet he did not include enough raw scan, and even the rare raw managed to appear on those blogs are falsely misinterpeted. Heck, I found out way more interesting feats on Hishou in my first playthrough than what represented on his blogs. Not going to belittle his work any further though, because I've assume he is subjected to misconceptions beforehand and thus, in one way or another, is also a victim of the on-going misconceptions.

And for reasons above, I would rather to see those blogs nuked as well due to the low accuracy regard of JP scan of Hishou, as I believe calling those works as high effort are insulting to the man more than addressing his mistakes here.

Reasons 1-1000 on why I hate Demonbane
Oof you hate Al? She's one of my faves though, good old day when girls with harsh personality are not overblown.

So....who's gonna be bext to be "killed"? Shinza lost its 1-A and the ultra omni-powers, Demonbane vanished into nothing, Kami Tenchi too

........Umineko?

Regardless, i will make a general thread about Demonbane erasion, thete you guys can discuss and chat about this news

Demonbane being nuked is a good thing. No more misconceptions, no more false informations, no more stupid wank/downgrade. I say, just let the verse banned from VBW, it would be benefit for both sides.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back