• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Demonbane Revision but not really (And why it's matters)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ever since Demonbane first introduced to Vs community and thanks to the English translation from JAST, there has been lots of things going around, which most of them are negative. Throughout years and years, Demonbane verse suffered many ridiculous wanks, downgrades and worse, misconceptions or straight-up lies from those who claimed to be “Demonbane fans” or have read the story, worse, taking the scans out of context and twisted the contents of them. Well, that’s will be the purpose for this thread. However, this is not actually a CRT, more like the opposite from it, i will explain it in details.

Warning: Spoiler alerts. If there’s anyone who haven’t read Kishin Hishou yet but have intention to read it, I suggest you to ignore this thread.

1) The problem with English translation

While the English translation for the first Visual Novel of Demonbane did quite a good job on translating the game, however, when i played the Japanese version i found out that many feats were altered and changed drastically, either trimmed it down or contexts that literally doesn’t exist in the original game. Especially those are important feats that i saw in various Demonbane threads. Here are the scans and comparison:

*Myth: “Demonbane’s punch is comparable to nuclear bomb

-> Fact: There’s no such feat in the original game, narrator only stated that Demonbane and Liber Legis traded blows resulting impact and collision, nothing more.

*Myth: “Summoning the Shining Trapezohedron tore reality asunder

-> Fact: Correct word here is “dimension (次元)”, not “reality”. When Demonbane and Liber Legis summoned Shining Trapezohedron in Strange Aeons chapter, it distorted and tore apart the dimension(s). This is further backed up way back in chapter 13, when Demonbane first summoned Shining Trapzohedron the dimension(s) also being distorted, although the English translation turned into space instead.

*Myth: “Clash between 2 Shining Trapezohedron slained hundred billion of worlds, with the birth and death of infinite universes

-> Fact: The correct number is “hundred of millions” and nowhere in the original Japanese game said that infinite universes being born and died, just “universes” and that’s it, no specific number.

*Myth: “Etheldreda can grant the power beyond dimensions

-> Fact: No dimensions here, correction is power beyond space-time (時空). Additionally when Al said in Leica route that if you are swallowed by Yog-Sothoth, you will be thrown into non-existant space-time, but the English translation changed the word into dimension.

- Some instances are that the word universe (宇宙 - Uchuu) is being translated into space. While in English space sometimes can be understood as universe but in Japanese space can be refered to 空間 (Kuukan), of course these two are totally nowhere near the same meaning. For example:

+ Liber Legis’s Cross of Sinner can tear up the universe, but got translated into space in the English translation.

+ In Ruri route, Master Therion’s wrath released miasma that can tore apart the universe, but English translation trimmed it down into rending the space.

- And some feats from the original Japanese game, didn’t make it in the English translation such as:

+ In Al Azif route, golden Demonbane using the “combined” Trapezohedron capable of using the very power of Creator (Azathoth) as well.

+ In Ruri route, Kurou buffed himself up to infinite magical power and repained the whole universe, but the English translation doesn’t have that kind of feat. Continue in true end of Ruri route, Demonbane and Liber Legis’s hissatsu tore apart the darkness of universe, as you expected, no “universe” in the English translation, just simply tear the darkness.

+ In Leica route, Liber Legis (piloted by Ryuuga) also tearing through the universe’s darkness by its hands, but the English translation sadly cut it down.

(There are also some minor errors like speed of sound is suddenly wanked into speed of light, but that is trivial matter so i will not include it here, these should be enough instead)

2) The misconceptions around Demonbane

First, I would love to talk about Cthulhu a little bit. So the Demonbane profiles using the scan from VFB and claimed Cthulhu’s power is universal. I’m sorry but… what? The word in that textbook is 万能, meaning “almighty power” or “omnipotent”. Okay, let say that you guys can use the word “universal power”, but here’s the thing, it doesn’t literally mean the power of Cthulhu is actually “universal”. Depending on the contexts, unless the VFB literally said Cthulhu can burst entire universe, otherwise, that “universal power” is just a flowery word. Heck, the kanji for that “universal power” doesn’t have any word means “the universe” either.

Secondly, Cthulhu’s power didn’t grow infinitely due to cancer, it was Nero who released all safety and thus making the dormant Cthulhu went unstable, she even made a forecast that it would take less than a day for the earth to be destroyed by Cthulhu’s cancer. This is look like planetary level to me, 3-B where?

Thirdly, when did Cthulhu fought EoS Demonbane? Cthulhu was in dormant state the entire time, if he’s awakened then everyone would end up in bad shit for sure. Furthermore, Augustus and Vespasianus controlling Cthulhu but only a mere fraction of it. Legacy of Gold when buffed by Cthulhu almost defeated Demonbane, so how is Demonbane could be same tier with Cthulhu?

And finally, the main topic of this thread: Elder God Demonbane.

Many people have assumed Elder God Demonbane is the most powerful being or whatever it is in Demonbane verse, of course, there are some hilarious memes and wanks came from it, even by those who haven’t even read Kishin Hishou beforehand. This is the most common misconception of Demonbane that stuck in the people mindset for many years. Real question is, why?

Because… There’s no such thing as Elder God Demonbane. Or should I say, Elder God Demonbane is a fan-fictional Demonbane made up by those who didn’t play Demonbane properly.

Okay, you guys might be confused right now, probably wondering “Wait what, Elder God Demonbane doesn’t exist?”, worry not, those questions will be answered right here:

In the Elder God’s ending, Father Ny directly called out both Kurou and Al are the newest Gods – the Elder Gods. Please notice that, he never said or refering Demonbane as one of the Elder Gods here. The two VFB of Demonbane also confirmed that only Kurou and Al are Elder Gods, no “Elder God Demonbane”. Besides, Nyarlathotep only treated Elder God Kurou & Al are his/her equally existence, never said anything about Demonbane being a God either.

Moving forward to Kishin Hishou, this have many crucial details about why “Elder God Demonbane” is actually just a myth.

In Kishin Hishou, one of the main theme that greatly explored is Trinity (三位一体). Trinity is an important element that consist of Magius, Grimoire and Deus Machina. Without even one of these three, your full potential can never be reached. That applied to Demonbane, a Demonbane without Master and Grimoire is just a fragile Deus Machina. For instance:

- Nightmare Therion easily defeated Two-Sword and viewing Kuzaku’s Demonbane nothing but worthless trash. One thing need to be considered is at that time, nightmare Therion didn’t even bother to summon Etheldreda yet, not until he faced off against nightmare Nero. Moreover, Master Therion admitted himself that without the Trinity he cannot compete with Demonbane (the one Kurou & Al pilot, that is).

- When Kuzaku tried to get his Two-Sword separated from Clockwork Phantom, he still lack of Trinity in order to get out of Nyar’s chaos. Once Kuzaku accepted Another Blood, both of them awakened as Elder Gods and Two-Sword finally became True Two-Sword. Only that, Two-Sword capable of fighting Clockwork Phantom head-on.

So how does Trinity related with the myth of “Elder God Demonbane”? Well, it took me a 2nd reading of Kishin Hishou, collecting all of the details and then wrap all of them together. Basically this is is how it went:

- In a flashback, Nya met Elder God Kurou again. She said that more than 400 millions of her avatars has been sublimated by the Elder Gods. At the end of the conversation, she mocked the Elder Gods duo that, how long can they keep up fighting without “the sword that smites evil”. That’s right, the Elder Gods have LOST their own Demonbane prior the story. Meaning, without Demonbane, the Elder Gods can not fight against Nya for a long time. This raised two questions: One, how did the Elder Gods lost their own Demonbane? And two, what about the Demonbane that appeared in Kishin Hishou?

+ Answer for question 1: The original Demonbane of Elder Gods have performed its last mission: Carried the infant Kuzaku into the human world, Elder God Al did say that “At the very least, please bring this child to the world of humans”, because they – the Elder Gods deemed that their own child can not live together with them, as they have chosen the path to fight against evil endlessly. The CG that you guys thought all this time to be “Elder God Demonbane”, is actually Demonbane taking baby Kuzaku into human world. For those who are dumbfounded when learning this fact, yes, you were wrong about Demonbane all the time. It’s crazy on how people keep using that image in vs debates but have zero clue about the story behind it.

Major spoilers for Two-Sword: This come a major twist. The Demonbane that carried Kuzaku into human world (the world that took place in the Elder God ending, NOT the world from Al’s happy end), is not the original Demonbane that everyone familiar with, but the Demonbane Two-Sword itself. Later in the story, it is revealed that Kuzaku’s Demonbane doesn’t exist in the first place, the only Demonbane that exists is the Demonbane that exist for the sake of Daiuuji Kurou and Al Azif. Two-Sword is actually one of the avatars of Nyarlathotep that acted as the vessel of Clockwork Phantom. Although no explanation on how did the original Demonbane became Two-Sword or how did Two-Sword replaced the original Demonbane, i have come up with some theories: Either the original Demonbane has been compromised by Nyar during its flight path, or Nyar snatched it away and replaced Demonbane with Two-Sword. Regardless, Demonbane still carried Kuzaku into the human world and after that the Demonbane of Elder Gods officially gone for good.

+ Answer for question 2: The Demonbane that appeared in Kishin Hishou was the result of Another Blood’s nightmarish world and Demonbane is no longer just a Deus Machina, but it is the will to destroy the evil and will answer the prayers when everyone needed most. Now, since the Elder Gods have lost their own Demonbane, where did they get the Demonbane to finish off Nyarlathotep in the final battle? That’s right, it IS the Demonbane that Kurou and Al pilotted in Kishin Hishou. The Elder Gods possessed Kurou and Al, summoned Shining Trapezohedron and with that as a base, call forth infinite Demonbanes from every worlds, every possibilities then used Lemuria Impact 000 (which DOES have infinite x infinite Big Bang, not featless like someone who claimed it to be) on Nyarlathotep. Simple as that. There’s no “Elder God Demonbane” here, it doesn’t exist, period. Oh, here’s another reminder: Nya confirmed it was the Elder Gods whom sealed Azathoth inside the Trapezohedron, anyone said that Elder Gods didn’t defeat the Outer Gods or somethin’ like that then I think they should need an IQ check.

At first i’m planning to use the Japanse scans from Demonbane’s Gaiden Novel too but then again it would prolong the post, and i don’t think they are needed here either, not for the purpose of this thread.

3) The result

Like i said before, this is not actually a CRT, more like the opposite from it. Judging on how the members of VBW haven’t read Kishin Hishou before and have only read the English translation of Zanma Taisei, here’s my suggestion:

Delete all the profiles of Demonbane verse as well as the whole page from existence. The whole page is outdated, misinformed and unreliable. Especially on how the Ennglish translation is no longer valid when we have the original Japanese here. Unless there is someone else who have enough knowledge, have read every works of Demonbane and interested in revamping the verse, otherwise, i suggest the admins just yeet it, just like Mondaiji page. In my opinion, it would be great if Demonbane got banned from VBW for good.

Ok, that’s all i want to say for now. Let see how the things goes I guess.

Last edited:
Finally a truly helpful Demonbane blog that does include neither 4chan meme, animesuki misconception, outdated scan, nor, twisted context. Elder God Demonbane summoning Demonbane Athleta Aeternum is the most silly thing any actual Demonbane reader would see.

Agree with the suggestion, and might as well suggest nuking the other Demonbae blogs and CRT as well, for the reason that they all are:
  • Further worsen the Elder God Demonbane misconception.
  • Include false context.
  • Rarely contain a helpful JP scan at best, keeping the amount of relevant JP scan at bare minimum at most (in short, extremely unreliable under any circumstances).
  • Resuse scan from previous blogs, which contain inaccuracies mentioned above.
Honestly, as if this wiki are a bunch of anti-Demonbane circlejerk faction or something, considering the poor treatment it got (which unfortunately persist through years) in term of accurate information. And for the reasons that the current state of Demonbane in the Vs Debate community has deteoriated beyond salvation, the most optimal course of action is to doom it in hell entirely, period.

I agree. Many members here didn't even read Kishin Hishou but already acted like they have know everything about Demonbane. I have to play Kishin Hishou twice just to grasp every details about it. Elder God Demonbane easily the most silly misconception of Demonbane verse ever. I heard that Ant wants to clean up Demonbane pages for a long time so i think this will be an opportunity for him.

Man, how far the mighty had fallen. This is a bit sad, ngl, but if the difference between the translations and the original text are those vast, and taking in consideration the misconceptions spread by them, I think maybe nuking the verse from the wiki may work if someone with JP knowledge isn't willing to revise it.

RIP Omnipotent Killer 😔

Man, its really saddening to have your eyes opening up like this. Demonbane (Misconception edition) was what got me into versus debating, our page was what brought my attention to VSB in the first place. Reading about a cool mecha slapping outer gods silly, breaking its physical limits and trancending into godhood just to stick it up to evil is such a rad thing to read about. I hope the misconceptions finally end with our Demonbane deletions, meaning that i agree with it too.

Rest in peace Elder God Demonbane, you are as cool as you are fake :(

What bugged me most is, the scene where Elder God Kurou and Elder God Al asked their own Demonbane to take care of Kuzaku, somehow got distorted into a brainless powercreep mecha. I mean, just why?

What about the "Vortex Blaster Demonbane" that I've heard about that is supposedly superior to Elder God Demonbane and killed every outer gods ever?

In any case, this post really speaks a lot about the ridiculousness of battleboarding (speaking from experience as somebody who also got into battleboarding during those legendary days of EGD soloing Marvel's and DC's buttcheeks put together). Who knows what other obscure verses out there that are erroneously represented (whether it be intentional or not).

Last edited:
What about the "Vortex Blaster Demonbane" that I've heard about that is supposedly superior to Elder God Demonbane and killed every outer gods ever?

In any case, this post really speaks a lot about the ridiculousness of battleboarding.
If you are talking about the tweets from Jin Haganeya about D.Y.N Freaks, then ignore them. Those are coming out from 2017 and he replied people asking him constantly about the feats on Twitter, as a result his tweets are just a bunch of nonsense that literally contradicted the lore of Demonbane. I think he is not happy about people asking him about power levels but not the story itself so he decided to outright trolling them.

About "Vortex Blaster Demonbane", here is some interesting things about it

So the game Nitro+ Blasterz claimed that Vortex Blaster nuked Azathoth and Jin said on his Twitter Vortex Blaster defeated every Demonbanes. However, in the short story of D.Y.N., both Vortex and Crow were defeated horribly by Evil Gods, leaving only one right arm intact. This is the short story before the events of D.Y.N. so of course they are legit:

鴉=世界最後の魔術師。
生命活動停止秒前。高速思考による最期の独白:
魔を断つ剣は、折れた。
“D”は敗れた。二基の盾は砕かれ、獅子の心臓は抉られた。
“D”を駆る俺も似たようなものだ。魔術を編もうにも舌がない、というより顎ごと千切れてしまった。そもそも肺が潰れてて呼吸さえできないのだが。
無事なのは——俺も、“D”も——この右手くらいのものだ。
あらゆる敵を——たとえそれが神であろうとも——滅ぼす、無限の熱を宿す右手。
手を、伸ばす。
だが、伸ばした手は、ついに届くことはなく。
終わる。この命を潰える。魔を断つ剣を失った世界ごと。
そう、“D”を——唯一の守護神を失った世界は、邪神によって蚕食される。もはや救いは、無い。

Now let see, Vortex defeated Azathoth, but why does it got defeated by Evil Gods? This can be only one meaning: Jin is on crack.
Besides, D.Y.N. Freaks and Nitro+ Blasterz are not actually canon, or should i say, you can ignore them being a part of Demonbane verse.

Who knows what other obscure verses out there that are erroneously represented (whether it be intentional or not).
You can't even imagine. Even with fairly popular one, you could easily point out similar cases for days.

Needless to say, I already was thinking about sheer deletion when it was downgraded to 2-A, and this thread is just the logical conclusion of Demonbane's shitty treatment.

Lmao that's hilarious. Though I do truly understand what the author would've felt if he was pestered with nothing but questions about powerscaling instead of the overall story.
You can't even imagine. Even with fairly popular one, you could easily point out similar cases for days.
Yeah, I can see some of them from time to time. But a lot of people here are probably just like me, who lacks the time and energy to try to deal with them, except for the verses we're actively participating in.

Needless to say, I already was thinking about sheer deletion when it was downgraded to 2-A, and this thread is just the logical conclusion of Demonbane's shitty treatment.
I kinda hope there is a chosen one out there who possess supernatural willpower to remake the Demonbane verse into reasonable profiles. As much as misinformation and misconceptions about it are widely purveyed and believed in, that still means it's one of the most popular verses in battleboarding.
Even if I've never played the games and only read scans and some other materials related to the verse, it's still kinda melancholic seeing it disappear from the biggest battleboarding wiki (inb4 youtube videos titled "VSBW Deleted Demonane?! SHOCKING!!!")

If you want to revise the verse, you need to play the Japanese version of VN and read 3 Gaiden Novels, plus getting the VFBs and Nitroplus Magazine as well. I have all of them, but considering the state of Demonbane verse now i would love to let it nuked into oblivion.
Here is my suggestion if anyone wants to revive Demonbane verse.
That said, i don't think anyone would spend their time investing this franchise like me, considering i have to get every raws of Demonbane as much as possible to get the job done. Even if it cost my own money.

Yeah, I can see some of them from time to time. But a lot of people here are probably just like me, who lacks the time and energy to try to deal with them, except for the verses we're actively participating in.
Same. I do completely revise verses when I get enough motivation, but there's some Ik as wrong for years and only look at them being like "eh, maybe it'll get corrected".
I kInda hope there is a chosen one out there who possess supernatural willpower to remake the Demonbane verse into reasonable profiles. As much as misinformation and misconceptions about it are widely purveyed and believed in, that still means it's one of the most popular verses in battleboarding.
Even if I've never played the games and only read scans and some other materials related to the verse, it's still kinda melancholic seeing it disappear from the biggest battleboarding wiki (inb4 youtube videos titled "VSBW Deleted Demonane?! SHOCKING!!!")
I doubt it would happen imo. Demonbane isn't a really good VN to begin with.
You would need enough willpower while having enough bad tastes to focus on Demonbane instead of better works
Just my opinion tho

Because you guys have only read Zanma Taisei, the inferior version of Demonbane's first VN, that's why.

Kishin Houkou >>>>>>>>> Zanma Taisei.

And my view on English vs Japanese stuff of stuff like this continues to go pretty negative...

I agree with deleting the verse too. If major things like this have such differences to their verse between the two language versions, then it’s clear that feats and the like are gonna be widely differently from the original says versus that of the localized version.

If someone really wants something like this accurate, they’d have to do what Mugen suggests which is your best option...

I think at this point everyone agreed to delete, including myself of course.
Gotta sleep now, will check this tomorrow then.

As someone completely ignorant on Demonbane, would you recommend backing anything up to a sandbox at all are is everything present completely wrong?

Just in case someone has the idea to fix things.

In any case, this post really speaks a lot about the ridiculousness of battleboarding (speaking from experience as somebody who also got into battleboarding during those legendary days of EGD soloing Marvel's and DC's buttcheeks put together). Who knows what other obscure verses out there that are erroneously represented (whether it be intentional or not).
All it takes is one "reputable" person to get the ball rolling and some characters get crazy high-balled or even just straight up "created" by battleboard communities like the case with Elder God Demonbane and a few others. I mean look how long people were misconstrued about EGD, Kami Tenchi and there's certainly more.

I'm gonna drop here and say that people think Demonbane is a bad VN simply because they are too propagated with the whole "Demonbane is a disgrace to Cthulhu Mythos" nonsense. Like hell, it's not even canon to Cthulhu Mythos (or CM elements only 40% of the setting), and actually promote the Mythos itself quite well. Personal experience so to each his own applied, but I hooked into CM because I want to understand all the references in Demonbane, period.

ok so.... is 2-A feat supposedly nonexistent in original jap ver?

I supposed you are talking about the feats of Shining Trapezohedron. Here's the thing, those feats are literally scans taking out of context and have poor explanation, especially since people here doesn't read Kishin Hishou, hence they thought Demonbane is only just 2-A.

I supposed you are talking about the feats of Shining Trapezohedron. Here's the thing, those feats are literally scans taking out of context and have poor explanation, especially since people here doesn't read Kishin Hishou, hence they thought Demonbane is only just 2-A.
I mean, let us pretend that all the higher dimension, the hyper dimension, hyper space, hyper time beyond hyper dimension, Clockwork Phantom, and Outer Universe are not exist at all

As someone completely ignorant on Demonbane, would you recommend backing anything up to a sandbox at all are is everything present completely wrong?

Just in case someone has the idea to fix things.

Eh, i don't think someone is willing to "fix" Demonbane verse considering the complicated situation it suffered now. I'm quite skeptical about letting Demonbane to be exist on VBW, if you don't mind. But my thread can keep here as some sort of reminder.

I mean, let us pretend that all the higher dimension, the hyper dimension, hyper space, hyper time beyond hyper dimension, Clockwork Phantom, and Outer Universe are not exist at all

Funny how in Gunshin, Chou Demonbane and Chou Liber Legis nuked shitload of universes, repainted the whole history and even ascended into hyper - hyper timespace above hypertime and hyperspace that located at the top of hyperdimension, but these feats are still nothing to Neo Demonbane in Strange Aeons. Or how a failed summoning of Great Old One can cause infinite stories to overlap and torn of the world, time, space, casuality as well.

Eh, i don't think someone is willing to "fix" Demonbane verse considering the complicated situation it suffered now. I'm quite skeptical about letting Demonbane to be exist on VBW, if you don't mind. But my thread can keep here as some sort of reminder.

Funny how in Gunshin, Chou Demonbane and Chou Liber Legis nuked shitload of universes, repainted the whole history and even ascended into hyper - hyper timespace above hypertime and hyperspace that located at the top of hyperdimension, but these feats are still nothing to Neo Demonbane in Strange Aeons. Or how a failed summoning of Great Old One can cause infinite stories to overlap and torn of the world, time, space, casuality as well.
Myth: Elder God Demonbane beat the crap of Nyarlathotep

Fact: Nah it's just Demonbane pilot by human Kurou and Al.

Who the hell made the whole Elder God Demonbane antic, as well as those so-called Japanese reader who claimed to read Hishou but only further spreading lies about this fanfic Demonbane should be a laughing stock. As far as I know, Demonbane don't even need Shining Trapezohedron for multiversal feat.

Is it just me or these feats sound like Tier 1 stuff?
It really is kinda sad to see Demonbane get nuked if it has legit feats like that. Even in all unlikelihood I really hope some massive multilingual weeb picks up the verse.

Is it just me or these feats sound like Tier 1 stuff?
It really is kinda sad to see Demonbane get nuked if it has legit feats like that. Even in all unlikelihood I really hope some massive multilingual weeb picks up the verse.

Trust me, there are more stuffs that i believe no one here have ever know about it yet. From my knowledge, Demonbane should be far more powerful than mere "tier 2" long ago.

Myth: Elder God Demonbane beat the crap of Nyarlathotep

Fact: Nah it's just Demonbane pilot by human Kurou and Al.

Who the hell made the whole Elder God Demonbane antic, as well as those so-called Japanese reader who claimed to read Hishou but only further spreading lies about this fanfic Demonbane should be a laughing stock. As far as I know, Demonbane don't even need Shining Trapezohedron for multiversal feat.

What i don't understand til this day, is the bullshit Elder God Demonbane literally came from one of the most emotional scene of Demonbane ever, like, are they only care about powercreep but not the actual story?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back