• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Demogorgon Upgrade to "8-B, likely Higher"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eleven has recently gotten an upgrade for her portal opening and closing feats. The Demogorgon has also pulled a similar feat. The Demogorogn was capable of opening multiple portals without tiring throughout season one. The only thing that is different is the portals are only full grown-demogorgon/human size and last for probably a few hours at most going by the fact Eleven woke up in the Upside Down after killing the Demogorgon in an unspecified time span.

Calculations: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Derpyrebound/Eleven_Opening_the_Gate_Calculations

Tallies:

For: 4

Against: 0

Udecided: 0

What do you wish to change specifically?

Things like the power ranking, which says "9-B" to "8-B; likely Higher," based on Eleven's recent upgrade. The Demogorgon has the same powerset as her with one major difference. The Demogorgon does not seem to tire out when opening portals like it did in the school in episode 8 of season 1 ("The Upside Down") and opens them freqently (it made the one in the tree that Nancy went through, the one in the middle school, and the one in the Byers' shed when Will was aubducted). I already proved that the act's possible calculatable minimum based on Eleven's usage, but the Demogorgon seems to be just as strong as Eleven with better control over its powers seeing it still having energy to jump on Dr. Brenner and presumably kill him (going by the shadow of doubt raised in "The Lost Sister" in season 2) along with any other living agents.

Not sure why scale the Demogorgon to something that Eleven could only do by tapping into her full potential and with immense effort, especially due to the fact that Eleven crushed it when on a far weaker state

I am aware of that. But at the same time, Eleven's powers have no upper limit at the moment because I could only find an absolute minimum, which equates to at least "8-B; likely Higher," far more powerful than what the Demogorgon has right now (9-B). The minimum is caculated by the phrase "more power than what humanity could produce in 1983," which is attached to Mr. Clarke stating to open a rift "requires more enrgy than what humanity can produce."

So opening rifts requires at least 8-B degrees of power, and the Demogorgon could do so?

Well, that seems reliable to scale from then, but I would prefer more input from Ultima first.

I think it is better for the Demogorgon to stay where he is right now. It makes no sense for him to scale to Eleven's full potential when he was overpowered and crushed by her when she was on a far weaker state

I mean, he wouldn't be scaling to her full potential seing as her full potential is unknown, it even says that Eleven is "At least" 8-B. Her opening the first portal that caused the series' events was even an accident in the first place; she doesn't control her powers entirely so I don't think more effort = more power as far as Eleven goes.

If 8-B is the required for opening portals, then Demogorgon should be 8-B. He'd still be far weaker than Eleven, most likely.

Yes, her full potential doesn't have a established limit yet. But it is clear that the Demogorgon is far weaker than Eleven, she telekinetically overpowered and crushed the thing when on a weaker state and when she was tapping into her powers on a far lesser scale

And people are wanting to scale It to a feat done by Eleven when she was mentally pressured and forced into a state of horror when seeing the Demogorgon through Astral Projection for the first time, which likely caused her powers to go out of control entirely. Something likely comparable to the feat she did in the Season 2 Finale, just more focused

Nevermind that the portals it opens are far smaller and localized than the one Eleven created

Does the size of the portals really matter though? Even so, the fact that he managed to do it, in accordance with the rules established in the show, would have to amount to at least the power calculated, which is 8-B.

As for tapping into her powers, I don't know if the exhaustion she has demonstrated is properly consistent, rather she just doesn't control her powers fully. She often activates them on accident out of sheer anger anyway.

It should also be noted that when she killed the demogorgon, she transported herself to the upside down (when she seemingly vanished out of thin air), meaning the power she used to disintegrate the demogorgon should at least amount to the power needed to open a portal, again, 8-B. So even if she was using her power more weakly then than in the season 2 finale, it was still strong enough for her current rating.

I never said 8-B was Eleven's maximum. It is an absolute minimum. By saying the Demogorgon is 9-B, that says that it requires power than mankind could make in 1983 to open portals, which goes against what Mr. Clarke says and what has been shown. I stand by my proposal to bump the Demogorgon to 8-B minimum to reflect that power requirement.

To find Eleven's absolute maximum, and possibly the Demogorgon's, we would need to find the power output needed to disrupt the Earth's magnetic field (magnetosphere), which I have yet to find any answers to.

Can you remind me of the conclusions here?

So far, it is just me, Ultima, and Divine (mostly me as no one has responded to my latest post back in July) going back and forth. No one else has responded to on their stance on "The Demogorgon should have '8-B, likely higher.'"

So far, not enough people to make a solid conclusion. I am for the change, Divine is not and has yet to counter the points that have been presented. All he has really said was Eleven has exhaustion that he said "[doesn't know if it is] properly consistent," the size of the portal "doesn't matter" (which actually works against his case as both portals were the same size except one was healed and the other got forced further open by Upside Down growth), and Eleven being transported into the Upside Down (if you watch the Demogorgon carefully, it does reach out towards Eleven like how Eleven held her hand out towards it).

As for Ultima, he only talks about people wanting to scale the feat, which is hard to do when there is no exact scale. We would need the magnetosphere's energy output to get the upper limit. We only have the lowest limit.

EDIT: I am sorry for saying Divine did not agree. I meant to say it was only Ultima. I was very tired when writing this post originally and was not in a clear state of mind.

Well, I am regrettably not of much help here, but I trust Ultima's judgement.

And Ultima was the one talking about the portals being different sizes, I said it doesn't really matter because it's the feat of opening a portal in the first place that is under question here. And yes, Eleven clearly doesn't have consistent exhaustion levels if at one point she was barely able to pull a train cart when she previously (and later) opened potals to the upside down with little injury. The only explanation here is that she can't control the full potential of her powers.

I highly doubt The Demogorgon was the one who sent Eleven to the upside down, if that's what you're implying. The Demogorgon was being disintegrated, and pieces of him are left behind after Eleven vanishes. It died there and then. Seems obvious to me that Eleven was the only one who left.

Even so, I agree with The Demogorgon scaling to Eleven's power level to the degree of 8-B, for reasons already stated. It's definitely shown that it's capable of performing the 8-B feat in the calculation.

If Ultima is okay with applying the changes, I am as well.

@Divine I am very sorry about that mistake I made. I horribly misread that and missed the kudos I made weeks ago. It was 10PM. [Slams head into my desk.]

So, the change will be made?

That's pretty agreeable. Though like with Eleven, the 8-B feat is only really an AP feat, so he shouldn't have city block level durability in any case.

So is anybody willing to adjust the page?

Thanks. Should we close this thread then?

I am willing to have the thread closed. This is very reasonable until we get more information from the upcoming seasons. When that comes, a new thread or a reopening of this one will have to be done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back