• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Ok, I first want to start off this essay of a CRT by saying that I have NOT seen Stranger Things Season 4 yet. I personally am waiting until Part 2 of Season 4 comes out to watch the 4th season. I also personally believe that we should wait until Part 2 of Season 4 comes out to add feats from Season 4 to the characters profiles. Although that might just be me that thinks that.

Pretty much how this is going to work is that I’m going to go through every profile on the Stranger Things Verse, and saying what I think needs to be changed, what can be keeped, things that can be added or removed, etc. Some profiles don’t need that much changed, others need quite a lot changed/removed.

Also, this CRT will bring up a lot of points that LordTracer brought up in his Stranger Things CRT, as well as add onto some of them. Now, let’s finally jump into this.

Mike Wheeler

The main thing I want to talk about with Mike Wheeler is his tier. I don’t think that he is Athlete Level. On his profile, his justification for being 10-A is due to being able to knock Flayed Billy over with a barbell and wrestling with Lucas. For the 1st feat, Mike was using a weapon, so I don’t think it counts. For his 2nd feat, unless Lucas has a feat that proves that he is Athlete Level, I don’t see how simply getting into a fight with him puts Mike at Athlete Level. And it’s not like Mike was easily ragdolling or overpowering Lucas. Mike actually lost that fight, and only got saved because of Eleven.

As for Mike’s Athletic Level Durability, I don’t think that surviving getting hit by Flayed Billy should really count. Flayed Billy scales to Wall Level + to Small Building Level (Which I will get into later). The only reason why Mike didn’t turn into literal paste from that hit was because Flayed Billy put in pretty much no effort when hitting Mike. And it’s not like the pipes that Mike was hit into dented or anything. The pipes actually seemed pretty unaffected, and I think Mike’s durability should be downscaled to Human level.

Everything else on Mike’s Profile looks fine, just change his tier to Human Level and maybe change the wording a bit in his intelligence section to sound a bit better and it should be fine.

Dustin Henderson

As LordTracer said in their CRT, knocking out the scientist with a taser isn’t an AP feat and should be removed. Dustin should also have his durability be bumped up to Human level, as there is nothing proving that Dustin is a glass cannon nor a stone wall, and he should just scale to his own AP. Preparation should also be added to Dustin's Powers and Abilities, as he benefits greatly when given time to prepare. Everything else on Dustin’s profile looks fine though.

Max Mayfield

Again, to repeat LordTracer, stabbing someone in the neck with a needle isn’t AP, and should be removed from Max’s profile. Her durability feat of surviving getting hit by Flayed Billy should also be removed, because the only reason why her head is still on her body after getting hit by him was because he was holding back to an unknown degree. That slap could have been Athlete Level or Street Level just as easily as it could have been Human Level or Below Average Human Level. Because of this, I think the feat should just be removed and Max should just have her durability listed as Human Level.

The only other thing that should be changed is Max having gifted level intelligence. Her justification for having gifted intelligence is: Max has very knowledgeable skills in providing medical care properly to heal and stitch up a patient’s wounds/injuries. She knew to clean Eleven’s bleeding leg with soap and to put pressure on it before using any Antibiotics and succeed at getting her better.[3] She can undo the workings of a lock no matter how complex the lock may be. She used a paper clip to unlock the door of the AV club and succeed to find Dart escaping”. Now it might just be me, but I personally don’t think that knowing to wash out a wound with soap and water and to apply pressure on it to make it stop bleeding really counts as “very knowledgeable skills in providing medical care”. Simply knowing very basic first-aid and how to lockpick isn’t nearly enough to classify someone for Gifted Level intelligence. Above Average, sure. But not Gifted. Her intelligence should be changed to something like this: “Above Average (Is a very skilled lockpicker and knows basic first-aid and medicine)” or something along those lines.

Overall, really the only thing that needs to be changed is Max’s Intelligence, and some of her AP and durability feats need to be removed

Nancy Wheeler

Unlike her brother, Nancy’s Athlete Level Durability does make sense, as when she got hit by the hospital monster, the thing that she was being hit into broke behind her, unlike her brother and the pipes he was knocked into. But although she does deserve Athlete Level Durability if not higher, I don’t think she is above Human Level in AP. There has been nothing to show that she scales to her own durability, and she hasn’t been in a fight with anyone that is Athlete Level so far. So I think Nancy should just be considered a stone wall and should have her AP downgraded to 10-B.

Nancy’s firearms should also be downgraded from Wall Level. Reason 1: Her profile states that her firearms are Wall Level because they can harm the Demogorgon, but the Demogorgon is Wall Level because it can survive shots from her handgun without being harmed. That’s circular reasoning, and those 2 statements contradict each other. Reason 2: The profile lied. They don’t harm the Demogorgon. When she was shooting at the Demogorgon, it was only slightly flinching, and seemingly wasn’t in pain at all. Honestly, I’d argue that it was flinching due to the loud noises that the gunshots were making, and not due to it actually being hurt by the bullets. Nancy’s firearms should be scaled down to Street Level, because that is where most firearms fall into in the Real World, and hers should scale.

Lastly, I want to talk about Nancy’s Intelligence. Nancy only having Average Intelligence is a sin. Nancy deserves at least Above Average intelligence, if not Gifted. With some help from Johnathan (Who pretty much did nothing), she successfully managed to trick Hawkings Lab into exposing themself for Barb’s death, forcing the Lab to shut down. She also managed to figure out how the Demogorgon behaves after only one interaction with it, drawing comparisons with sharks and comparing the Demogorgon to just a hungry animal. She also figured out that it was attracted to blood, and she has shown herself to be an incredibly capable and intelligent Journalist. In my opinion, her intelligence should be “At Least Above Average, Likely Gifted”. Although that might just be me.

Overall, her AP should be “10-B, 9-C with firearms”, and her intelligence should be “At Least Above Average, Likely Gifted”

Steve Harrington

Now to cover the best mom in the series, Steve. Honestly, I don’t have any problems with his profile. He managed to beat a trained soldier in h2h combat and survived tourture from the russians, so he deserves his Athlete Level Status, and I believe that, unlike Nancy’s firearms, his nailed baseball bat does deserve Wall Level AP. Because unlike Nancy’s guns, which were only making the Demogorgon flinch, Steve’s baseball bat swings actively made the Demogorgon cry out in pain, meaning that he was actually hurting it, unlike the gunshots. Overall, I have nothing on Steve’s profile that I want to change.

Edit: There is 1 thing. According to RoTt35, Steve should have Vehicular Mastery added to his profile. This might be something to consider as well.

Jim Hopper & Grigori

I’m going to cover both at the same time, because both scale off of each other.

Both Jim & Grigori scale to breaking someone’s neck by crushing it, which, according to this calc, is 50,000 Joules, which puts them both into pretty low Wall Level. Grigori preformed this feat, and Hopper scales to him, so Hopper’s profile should say “Wall Level (Scalable to Grigori)”, and Grigori’s profile should say “Wall Level (Could crush a scientists neck with one hand, slammed Hopper onto a table with enough force to crack it)”

For Lifting Strength, Hopper scales to Grigori, so his LS should just be "Class 1 (Scalable to Grigori)", not “Regular Human, Possibly Class 1”

In intelligence, both are listed as “High”, which isn’t on the intelligence page. Both qualify pretty well for Above Average, so both of their intelligence should be changed to that. Other than all of that, the profiles look good, and don’t need any further editing outside of that.

Edit: According to RoTt35, Jim should also have Vehicular Mastery. Something else to keep in mind as well.

As LordTracer said, literally none of Kali’s AP feats are AP, just illusion creation, and it all should be removed. It also mentions in Kali’s standard equipment that she has a gun, so her tier should be “10-B, 9-C with her Gun”. I have nothing else for her other than that, and her profile looks good otherwise.

Another important note, I have not read the tie-in comics. So I won’t be able to give that much input on Nine. As LordTracer said, Nine’s fire would scale to 9-A, due to it turning a human to char and due to her fire destroying multiple houses. Even if her having 9-A fire doesn’t work, the durability required to survive being set on fire is 26,000 Joules. And because she can control fire, her fire’s AP should be the same, which would put her powers in Wall Level.

Portal Opening & Those Who Scale

I’m going to cover people who can open portals to the upside down and people who scale to characters that can do that in 1 section. This section includes Eleven, The Demogorgon, and The Mind Flayer. All of these characters have themselves/their powers listed as “At Least 8-B, likely higher”. But yet, the calc that was made for opening portals to the upside down was listed as 1.382 Tons of Tnt, or Building Level+. I thought maybe someone corrected the calculation in the comments, but all the comments said was that the person that made the calculation wasn’t sure if it was 1.382 Tons of Tnt or 138.2 Tons of Tnt. And from what I can gather, we seemed to have gone for the middle ground between the 2 calculated numbers, settling for City Block Level+. Why? There is nothing suggesting that opening gates is City Block Level+. If we’re unsure if Eleven opening the gate is Building Level or Multi-City Block Level, why not just list her as “Human Level Physically, At Least Building Level+, Possibly Multi-City Block Level with her powers”? Same thing applies to The Demogorgon, who can open portals with their powers, and to the Mind Flayer, who scales to Eleven’s Powers. An even better idea that I came up with, other than changing the tiers to 8-C, possibly 8-A, is to have someone redo the calc for opening up gates to the upside down, and then change the tier’s of the 3 to match the newly calculated number.

Overall, the characters who can open up gates/scale to people that can open up gates to the upside down should be changed to “At Least Building Level+, Possibly Multi-City Block Level” or even better, should have a re-calc done.

Now that opening gates have been covered, I’m going to dive into those 3’s profiles and see if anything needs to be changed other than their tiers.

Other than her tiering for her powers, El’s profile seems perfectly fine, and I don’t see anything else glaringly obvious that needs to be changed.

Edit: El's portals can travel to seperate dimensions, so she should get Dimensional travel as apart of her Powers and Abilities. Same thing applies to the Demogorgon due to it being able to open portals as well

The Demogorgon

There’s nothing super big on the Demogorgon’s profile that needs to be changed, but there are some feats that I think should be added. In the AP section, I do think that it should be noted that a fully grown Demogorgon was able to rip apart a stone wall, and managed to casually overpower large groups of Hawking Lab guards, with those same guards being able to overpower Hopper in smaller groups. Scaling the Demogorgon above Hopper gives us a pretty good idea at where the Demogorgon is strength-wise and gives us a number we can work off of for the Demogorgon.

To deal with The Demogorgon’s circular reasoning for it’s durability, I vote that it’s durability reasoning be changed to something like this: “Durability: Wall Level (Could survive being set on fire for a prolonged period of time, casually shrugged off bullets from Nancy’s revolver, the physically inferior Demodogs could survive multiple shots from a point blank M16 with no issue)”

And as a final note, the Demogorgons should have FAR higher lifting strength then just Regular Human. That thing could casually overpower regular people and rip them apart with pretty much no issue. Take a look at what happened to Barb when she tried to escape its grasp. The Demogorgon should have at least Superhuman Lifting Strength if not higher than that.

The Mind Flayer/The Flayed/The Mind Flayer’s Monster

Honestly, I do think that these 3 should all get their own separate profiles. Because using this logic, the Demogorgon should also be a part of this profile due to being a part of the Mind Flayer’s hive mind. But let’s move beyond that and discuss tiering for each of these keys, starting with the Main Body of the Mind Flayer.

Main Body

The only issue I have with the Mind Flayer’s Main Body is the Lifting Strength Section. “Lifting Strength: Unknown (It is a vast hive-mind interconnected to every single living thing in the Upside Down, as well as the roots that crawl under its interior, and likely holds control over other aspects of the desolate planet as well, such as the spores floating throughout its surface)”. I’m sorry, but how is this Lifting Strength? I think this part should just be removed, and the Main Body’s LS should just remain as unknown.

The Proxy

The Mind Flayer’s Proxy has 1 main issue and 1 thing that I would like to add. The issue is its LS. It should be Class 5, not Class 10. In the proxy’s fight with Eleven, El’s telekinesis was easily holding back the Proxy and was restraining it. El’s LS for her powers is Class 5. Thus, the Monster’s LS would scale slightly below hers and would be Class 5 as well.

The 1 thing that I would like to add to the profile is something mentioning that the Proxy was able to fight toe-to-toe with Eleven for some time, although it was quickly overpowered and defeated when Eleven started using her full strength. Doesn’t change the tier at all, but I do feel like it is important to mention on the profile.

The Flayed

Currently, the Flayed are listed as 9-B, Likely 9-A due to downscaling from the Proxy. In my opinion, the Flayed shouldn’t be scaled to the Proxy, as all the Flayed have shown was being able to hold back one of the Proxy’s tentacles for a short while. That would be LS, not AP. So what would the Flayed be in AP?

I think the Flayed’s AP should actually be calculated, and I think that I have a good feat for someone to go off of that won’t be too hard to calculate. This.

It wouldn’t be too hard to calculate this feat. Just find out how much cc of brick was destroyed, and multiply that number by the fragmentation level of brick. The actor’s name is Dacre Montgomery. You can use him as a ruler to figure out how big the hole in the wall was. It’s also 100% a Wall Level feat, we just need to find out how far into Wall Level it is.

As for the Flayed LS, they would scale slightly below the Mind Flayer’s Monster, who scales slightly below Eleven, meaning that the Flayed would be Class 5 in terms of LS.

In Conclusion, a lot of the profiles need some work. Feel free to discuss additional things that should be added to the profiles, whether it’s feats from Season 4 that should be included or things that I missed in my giant CRT of the entire Stranger Things Verse. Anyways that’s about all I have to say. Sorry this thread was so long. I had a lot of thoughts on this.

Last edited:
I also was planning on doing a rework of Max's profile, aka the best character of season 4, so I'll get to work on that
Bro speaks the truth

Also love the fact Steve is almost consistently fighting whatever abomination they're going up against every season or going through the most

We should also change the profile name from "The Demogorgon" to "Demogorgon" since it is an entire species and not a single character
That would be a good idea.

Also, I'm still relatively new to CRT. How do they work? Do we wait until an admingives us the ok and then we can change the profiles? Or do we need a certian amount of people to agree with you on the change? Or is it something else entirely?

Max's profile additions (Season 4 spoilers)
Powers and Abilities: Supernatural Willpower (She was able to escape from Vecna's Curse and Mindscape), Vehicular Mastery (Her father taught her how to drive at a young age and drove a car under pressure, she is also skilled with bikes and skates) and Sleep Manipulation (Used a sedative to put Billy to sleep)
Attack Potency: Human level (Ripped off a tendril from Vecna's neck)
Durability: Human level (Survived a hit from a possessed Billy. Quickly recovered after a large chunk fell near her. Didn't suffer any damage after falling a few meters high)
Stamina: Above Average (Escaped from Vecna's Minsdcape without stopping running and recovering quickly as several chunks and parts of a house fell near her)
Opcional Equipment: Sedative, Steve's bat, skate, bike, car

Also, I'm still relatively new to CRT. How do they work? Do we wait until an admingives us the ok and then we can change the profiles? Or do we need a certian amount of people to agree with you on the change? Or is it something else entirely?
We need staff agreements to apply the changes

Regarding Billy being busted through a wall we can use this calc from the References for Common Feats page
That calc should work for Flayed Billy. Don't see why it wouldn't.

I've been thinking about it, should we make a seperate profile for Billy and put the Flayed tiering there? Billy is really the only Flayed person that we have seen in a fight, and I do think we should seperate the Flayed from the Mind Flayer profile. Base Billy would scale to Steve, so that wouldn't be too much of an issue, and we can seperate Base Billy and Flayed Billy into seperate keys. Thoughts on this?

We need to decide a range for those who can make portals between the human world and the Upside Down, since we have Eleven with Universal+, Vecna and the Mind Flayer with Interdimensional, and the Demogorgon with Low Multiversal

I think their range should be Interdimensional. Low Multiversal is if it can interact with 2 universes at the same time. Their powers are only interacting with 1 universe. Interdimensional is discribed as being able to interect with another universe seperate from their own. That's pretty fitting for those 4's portal creation & certain powers.

Also Vecna needs to be split into two keys, one for 001 and the other for his vecna form. They might have somewhat similar powers but generally 001 only has basic human physique and doesn't have the whole connection to the upside down thingamajig

Honestly I would delete Vecna's profile until volume 2 comes out and we decide his abilities and feats well, since the current profile has iffy things and others that are missing

Vecna should probably have some discussions before getting a profile. I remember he had resistance to Pain Manipulation due to saying "(Eleven) can't hurt me more than (Hawkins Lab) has."

This sounds more like flowery language, or at the very most him stating that he had been tortured sometime in the past.

Also, I recommend downgrading Eleven's TK to 8-B to 8-C+ given how the results are 30852.2 joules

Vecna should probably have some discussions before getting a profile. I remember he had resistance to Pain Manipulation due to saying "(Eleven) can't hurt me more than (Hawkins Lab) has."

This sounds more like flowery language, or at the very most him stating that he had been tortured sometime in the past.
Vecna's profile has already been deleted, and we can see how he feels pain in this scene so yeah, resistance to pain is wrong

Also, I recommend downgrading Eleven's TK to 8-B to 8-C+ given how the results are 30852.2 joules
That and change her range with Portal Creation to Interdimensional and give her Dimensional Travel, the same must be done with the Mind Flayer

That and change her range with Portal Creation to Interdimensional and give her Dimensional Travel, the same must be done with the Mind Flayer
The Mind Flayer is incapable of making portals itself, so it wouldn't get Dimensional Travel. It would get Interdimensional Range though due to being able to give Will and Billy hallucinations of the Upside Down as well as possess both of them from the Upside Down

Heh. That's kind of funny. Neither of them have any real speed feats to my knowledge. I think either both of them should be Average Human due to both of them being 10-B (Or at least Mike should be 10-B), and it should be safe to assume that their speed is only Average Human Level as well

Back