• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So I made this CRT thread for Stranger Things a few months back, but I made it before Season 4 was finished and before I even watched any episodes of Season 4 yet. And once season 4 was done, I kind of forgot to update the thread. So this CRT will mainly be me restating the points I have already made, as well as new feats for characters that should be added in Season 4.

Mike Wheeler

As I said in my previous thread, Mike shouldn't be Athlete Level. His fight with Lucus wouldn't make him Athlete Level due to the fact that Lucas didn't become 10-A until Season 4, and the 2 had their fight in Season 1, when they were both 12 and not 15. So Mike shouldn't scale to Season 4 Lucus, and should be 10-B. His other feat of knocking over Flayed Billy is likely an outlier, as no human on earth would realsitically be strong enough to injure Flayed Billy, even with a weapon. Unless that weapon was an explosive or something. I will get into Flayed Billy later, but for now, that feat is likely an outlier.

Mike didn't really get any new feats in Season 4 other than some potential intelligence feats, so just changing his tier should be good enough.

Dustin Henderson

I still think all of my previous points from the 1st CRT still stand. There are some things to change though.

First, being good at singing and having good Wisdom aren't hacks. Those 2 hacks shouldn't be there, and are more suited for the intelligence section. Preperation and High Pain Tolerance should be there though, as Dustin could still walk on his broken leg at a pretty normal speed without screaming his head off with every step, which is some insane levels of pain tolerence. Preperation should hopefully be self explanitory.

Dustin should also probably have his spear listed as a weapon for him, and have his AP listed as "10-B, 9-C with Weaponry". Everything else looks fine though

Max Mayfield

Max actually has some pretty impressive showings from both this season and the previous seasons that should be on the profile.

First, Max should have Supernatural Willpower, as she was able to escape from Vecna's curse with some assistance from her friends, and managed to avoid Vecna for some time while in his curse, even though he was showing her some of ther worst fears and experiences, and she managed to keep her will strong the entire time. She should also have Vehicular Mastery due to showing great skill with driving under pressure and being a good skater. She would also likely have Sleep Manipulation due to having access to sedatives which she used to knock out Billy.

Pretty much everything else said in the og CRT still applies to her, such as the nerf to her intelligence as well as removing some AP feats that don't work.

Nancy Wheeler

Pretty much everything I said about Nancy in the 1st CRT still applies. To sum up what changes were made to her, her AP should be nerfed to Human Level, but her durability shoud be kept at Athlete Level, and her firearms should be Street Level. She should also have her intelligence as Gifted, and she should be given Preperation as a hack. Season 4 pretty much just enforced these more.

Edit: Her firearms should stay at Wall Level and she should get Social Influencing for talking the head of the mental hospital into letting her see Victor Kreel

Steve Harrington

Last time, I said that there was pretty much nothing I wanted to change about Steve. That's quite the opposite now. Best Mom should be Street Level now. Steve was capable of killing the Demobats with his bare hands, which Eddie and Dustin had trouble doing with spears and Nancy had trouble doing with an ore. Not only that, but Steve could straight up rip one in half. So pretty much, Steve scales above Street Level Weapons. He could also survive a small group of them biting into him, with Demobats being able to cause severe damage to doors and windows. Steve is also scalable to Johnathan, who could break a cop's nose with a backhand, which would require this much energy. Thus, Steve should be Street Level.

Other than that, there really isn't much else that can be added to Steve's profile. Just give my boy some peak human physical characteristics and we are golden for him.

Edit: He should also get "Skilled Hand-to-Hand Combatant" for outclassing a trained russian soldier in a hand-to-hand fight and vehicular mastery for showing great skill with vehicals. He should also have high pain tolerance for still being able to fight after brutal interogation at the hands of the Soviets

Eddie Munson

Eddie, the man I blame for ruining the Stranger Things Fandom. Eddie should probably have Street Level durability, as he survived an entire swarm of Demobats eating him until he eventually bled out due to his injuries. That's honestly all I have for him. Everything else looks fine.

Hopper & Grigori

Both of these characters scale to each other. There are 2 things I would change.
1. Hopper directly scales to Grigori in LS, so Hopper should have Class 1 LS
2. Hopper managed to kill a Demogorgon with a sword, meaning that Hopper should be somewhat scalable to the Demogorgon, who scales to this calc. Because Grigori is just as strong as Hopper, he should scale too

Note: Before we move on from the Hawkings Citizens and go into the Hawkings Lab experiements and Upside Down Characters, I think we should make profiles for Billy Hargrove and Murray. Both have feats in combat, and both are prevelant characters and fighters in the series. Another reason to give them profiles is because I do believe that we should seperate the Flayed from the Mind Flayer, and because Billy is the only Flayed person we see in a fight, I think we should just move the Flayed Key to his profile. I already made prototypes for their profiles in this sandbox

Literally none of Kali’s AP feats that are listed are AP, they are illusion creation, and it all should be removed and put into the hacks section. It also mentions in Kali’s standard equipment that she has a gun, so her tier should be “10-B, 9-C with her Gun”. I have nothing else for her other than that, and her profile looks good otherwise.

I don't think the comics are canon anymore, so her profile should probably be removed.

If we still want to keep her profile, then Nine’s fire would scale to 9-A, due to it turning a human to char and due to her fire destroying multiple houses. Even if her having 9-A fire doesn’t work, the durability required to survive being set on fire is 26,000 Joules. And because she can control fire, her fire’s AP should be the same, which would put her powers in Wall Level.

First thing's first, her tier. It should be Building Level+, not City Block Level+. I legitamitly do not understand where we got City Block Level+ from. The calc it links on her page is 1.38 tons of TnT. I don't understand why we have it as City Block Level+, nor why we haven't changed it yet. Eleven should also have Large Town Level+ Environmental Destruction due to being able to open portals, which can cause this level of environmental destruction.

As for El's physicallity, she caused Angelia to bleed by hitting her on the head with a rollerskate and survived being flung into a wall as a young child, so Human Level AP and Durability for her still works.

This part might be debatable, but I do believe that we should give El 2 keys. Her before the Nina Project and her after the Nina Project. As Dr. Sam Owens said, the Nina Project would not only give her her powers back, but make them stronger. This was also shown when Eleven easily overpowered and destroyed a helicopter (Class 10 LS feat btw. Those helicopters weigh 6,000kg. Prior to this, El has only shown Class 5 LS feats), and when she could overpower Vecna, who was implied to be just as powerful as the mind flayer, who scales to Pre-Nina Eleven. This might require further discussion, but I do personally think that she should have 2 keys. If not, then bump her LS up to Class 10

El has also demonstraited healing abilities when she saved Max's life, and she has shown Dimentional Travel and BFR as the portals can travel dimentions and she can BFR people with her portals. This is about it for her.

The Demogorgon

RoTt35 already made a great sandbox for the Demogorgon here, so we can just apply this sandbox to the Demogorgon and it should work. We would just need to add Large Town Level+ Environmental Destruction

The Mind Flayer

Main Body

The only issue I have with the Mind Flayer’s Main Body is the Lifting Strength Section. “Lifting Strength: Unknown (It is a vast hive-mind interconnected to every single living thing in the Upside Down, as well as the roots that crawl under its interior, and likely holds control over other aspects of the desolate planet as well, such as the spores floating throughout its surface)”. I’m sorry, but how is this Lifting Strength? I think this part should just be removed, and the Main Body’s LS should just be kept as unknown.

Also, AP should be changed from 8-B to 8-C

Edit: He should also have resistance to poison manipulation, disease manipulation, and corrousion inducement. He is immune to the toxic atmosphere of the upside down, which is capable of making people incredibly sick and can rot organic matter

The Proxy

The Mind Flayer’s Proxy has 1 main issue and 1 thing that I would like to add. The issue is its LS. It should be Class 5, not Class 10. In the proxy’s fight with Pre-Nina Eleven, El’s telekinesis was easily holding back the Proxy and was restraining it. Pre-Nina El’s LS for her powers is Class 5. Thus, the Monster’s LS would scale slightly below hers and would be Class 5 as well. If we don't want to split El into 2 keys, then the monsters LS should be kept as Class 10

The 1 thing that I would like to add to the profile is something mentioning that the Proxy was able to fight toe-to-toe with Eleven for some time, although it was quickly overpowered and defeated when Eleven started using her full strength. Doesn’t change the tier at all, but I do feel like it is an important supporting feat to mention on the profile.

Vecna

Vecna's First Key
Henry has never been shown being able to go into the void like Eleven can. Just because Henry can also move things with his mind just like Eleven doesn't mean that he automatically has all of the same powers as her. This would mean that Henry's first key shouldn't have Astral Projection, Clairvoyance, Portal Creation or Deconstruction. He has never shown any of these abilities, and just because Eleven can do them doesn't automatically mean that Henry pre-Upside Down visit can too.

Vecna's Second Key
His 2nd key is better, but there is still some stuff that needs to be changed.
  1. He has never been shown using deconstruction. That should be removed.
  2. Multiple Selves should be replaced with Hive Mind, because he's apart of a hive mind
  3. Those infected by Vecna's curse don't just instantly die after a set number of days. They are sent into Vecna's mindscape where they have a chance to fight back/escape, so the description of Vecna's curse needs to be changed.
  4. Unlike his first key, his second key should have clairvoyance. He knows about his victems traumas and worst fears without any realistic way of obtaining that information. So, he should have clairvoyance due to automatically knowing his victem's worst fears and traumas
  5. He should have Dimentional Travel due to opening portals to the upside down, which is a seperate dimention
  6. (I promise this is the last one), He should have resistance to poison manipulation, disease manipulation, and corrousion inducement. Due to living in the upside down for so long, he has become immune to the toxic atmosphere of the upside down, which is capable of making people incredibly sick and can rot organic matter
Speed

I wanted to cover the verses speed in one broad catagory. The verses's speed seems to be all over the place. Most of the characters have demonstraited Average Human to Athletic Human Speeds, with the top tiers such as Steve, Hopper, the Demogorgon, and Eleven all showing Superhuman reaction and combat speeds due to being able to fight against the Demogorgon, who can speed blitz regular humans. So I think the verse should have Average Human to Athletic Human speeds for most characters, with the characters who have fought the Demogorgon and/or Demodogs having Superhuman Reaction and Combat speed

If you disagree or agree with any of these, please correct me. Also sorry that most of the points I have made here I already made in the previous CRT. This verse has needed to be fixed for a while, and I hope we can do that with this CRT

Last edited:
Copying points from last one:

The fact that Steve had better luck testing apart the bat than with a club was because it’s so hard to get a clean hit against those kind of things things. When Steve first encountered them he got in a hit that barely did anything because of the lack of force going into something you’re hitting midair compared to hitting on (or at least into) the ground. This is why you can’t punch a mosquito to death and by extension is what makes Stirges (what Dustan would have called those bat things) so freaking annoying.

Robin figured out the music thing before Nancy and gave her some pointers in the Victor search (along with other things I don’t remember well) so think the two are peers. Also social influencing from the rousing speech to the scholar.

Nancy’s shotgun could harm Vecna, so finally a superhuman gun for her.

Hopper should get stamina feats from being able to work at that brutal prison, even with a purposefully dislocated ankle, and the (already mentioned) feat of defeating an adolescent Demogorgan using a sword. Also intelligence feats for many things he did, including escaping the prison and learning Russian there.

BFR for El because of sending One to the Upside-Down, improved Clairvoyance post-Nina for being able to watch her friends without a picture or a sensory deprivation tank, and [I don’t know what] for entering Max’s mind.

I want to think of feats for the kids but (besides what you said yourself) I don’t remember anything concrete.

The fact that Steve had better luck testing apart the bat than with a club was because it’s so hard to get a clean hit against those kind of things things. When Steve first encountered them he got in a hit that barely did anything because of the lack of force going into something you’re hitting midair compared to hitting on (or at least into) the ground. This is why you can’t punch a mosquito to death and by extension is what makes Stirges (what Dustan would have called those bat things) so freaking annoying.
Steve should still scale to Street Level due to the broken nose feat and due to surviving several bites and hits from them.
Robin figured out the music thing before Nancy and gave her some pointers in the Victor search (along with other things I don’t remember well) so think the two are peers. Also social influencing from the rousing speech to the scholar.
I did kind of forget about that. We can remove that from Nancy's intelligence and add that to Nancy's hacks
Nancy’s shotgun could harm Vecna, so finally a superhuman gun for her.
I hate this but I can't really argue against it so sure
BFR for El because of sending One to the Upside-Down, improved Clairvoyance post-Nina for being able to watch her friends without a picture or a sensory deprivation tank, and [I don’t know what] for entering Max’s mind.
Just thought of this. Healing should also be included for Post-Nina Eleven due to keeping Max alive after getting Vecna'd. Also maybe a bit of Immersion due to being able to enter Max's mind? Idk, kind of a complicated subject

Just thought of this. Healing should also be included for Post-Nina Eleven due to keeping Max alive after getting Vecna'd. Also maybe a bit of Immersion due to being able to enter Max's mind? Idk, kind of a complicated subject
That would be Biological Manipulation, since she didn't heal Max's heart but rather made it start beating again, and Astral Projection respectively

That would be Biological Manipulation, since she didn't heal Max's heart but rather made it start beating again, and Astral Projection respectively
Isn’t Astral Projection for the physical world? Either way I agree that this is more like Star Platinum making hearts beat than any kind of healing.

Why aren't we scaling 11 and Vecna to be ICBM statement as well as the storm creation Vecna did?
The ICBM statement was just an offhanded comment that Dr. Owens made with no proof, and there is pretty much no evidence to prove that El is actually more powerful than a balistic missile. She has no feats proving that. The only thing that gets close is her environmental destruction by creating portals.

As for the storm feat, that could just be straight up weather manipulation and not full on AP. Even if it was, it would likely just be Environmental Destruction or an outlier

Creating storms is typically in the Tier 7 range, where Vecna already is, so I wouldn't call it an outlier. Maaaaybe Vecna moving and shaping the Mind Flayer would be calculable, and that'd scale to his Telekinesis AP. Usually weather feats aren't used for AP though.

Creating storms is typically in the Tier 7 range, where Vecna already is, so I wouldn't call it an outlier
I ment an outlier for his telekinisis. For Environmental Destruction, he is already Tier 7 so there isn't much of a need to add another one
Maaaaybe Vecna moving and shaping the Mind Flayer would be calculable, and that'd scale to his Telekinesis AP. Usually weather feats aren't used for AP though.
We don't really know what the mind flayer is actually made of, so calculating that feat would be pretty damn difficult if not impossible. It's implied that it is made out of smoke, so maybe we can use something simular to cloud moving? Idk, we might just want to skip out on that feat unless somebody can find a way to calculate it

I ment an outlier for his telekinisis. For Environmental Destruction, he is already Tier 7 so there isn't much of a need to add another one

We don't really know what the mind flayer is actually made of, so calculating that feat would be pretty damn difficult if not impossible. It's implied that it is made out of smoke, so maybe we can use something simular to cloud moving? Idk, we might just want to skip out on that feat unless somebody can find a way to calculate it
For all we know it could be a mind manipulation feat from bending its will to do that.
Yeah the clouds feel like ED and the ICBM statement is likely to be grounds for a "possibly" rating
Definitely agree with this though

I still think that they should have High 7-C+ with Telekinesis but whatever
I could genuinely see that as a "Likely" or a "Possibly" on the page because, while I don't believe they're that strong, there are more than enough data points to build an argument. Am I right that those two rating come from "could be the case but could also not be" and "could be the case but probably not" respectively? If the literal answer is yes than I actively think that a likely rating for the ICBM should be there because Brenner is a scientist and knows what it means but could easily be using it as a figure of speech. Similar but different stuff for all this

I don’t get why Vecna using his telekinesis to manipulate a storm wouldn’t just scale to his usual telekinesis. What arguments are there for that?

We haven't talked about Pre-Nina Eleven and Post-Nina Eleven and if it should be 2 keys or composited
I barely remember what I saw of the first three seasons so I was hoping someone else would answer but I'll go.

I'm thinking that Nina only made it easier to harness the "love" that beat One in the past. Not strengthening her outright but pointing out a well of strength. Does that make sense?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back