• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if the nose wasn't broken, he still sent the cop back a few feet with a backhand and clearly hurt him. That would still be good support for Athlete Level + or so

Either way, I'll give on the Eddie is a stone wall debate. I think I just kind of misunderstood durability

Do you have any problems with Nancy being a stone wall though? I think her arguement for having Athlete Level to Street Level durability is a lot more stable, as she tanked this without injury:

Any thoughts on that?

I would put Jonathan at the lower tier, he's no trained fighter....look at him. The cop staggered back because he was in pain, not that Jonathan sent him flying.

As far as the Nancy feat, I would just get a calc of how much energy/force it takes to send a person flying back like 10 feet.

I would put Jonathan at the lower tier, he's no trained fighter....look at him. The cop staggered back because he was in pain, not that Jonathan sent him flying.
There are still plenty of feats that put the teens into Street Level, such as Johnathan getting smacked hard enough to break a bookshelf:

Steve holding his own against and defeating a trained Soviet Soldier (Could be argued to be Athlete Level, but still impressive):

Steve hurting and holding his own against Billy, who Max claims "works out like a maniac"

Steve ripping a demobat in half:

And a few others.

Also just because Jonathan doesn't look like a 9-C, that doesn't automaticaly mean that he isn't. Example: Seong Gi-hun and Billy Loomis sure as hell doesn't look like 9-C's and aren't trained fighters in their lore, but they have plenty of 9-C feats that would put them in that range.

Jonathan's actor doesn't look like a 9-C and almost certanly isn't irl, but that doesn't instantly make the character he's playing not be Street level.

I think the better question is, why are we automatically assuming these characters are getting the highest end of a range of values? The bookshelf feat can't really be qualified because that alone has so many variables, and the demobat Steve video you posted is a lifting strength feat, not AP. In the other video, he uses a weapon to win the fight and I'm pretty sure they're already tier 9 with weapons on their profile.

I think the better question is, why are we automatically assuming these characters are getting the highest end of a range of values? The bookshelf feat can't really be qualified because that alone has so many variables, and the demobat Steve video you posted is a lifting strength feat, not AP. In the other video, he uses a weapon to win the fight and I'm pretty sure they're already tier 9 with weapons on their profile.
So what tier would you reccomend for them then?

While having more staff members is never bad, a CRT can get passed with only one staff member if its either a minor change or the franchise in question doesn't have enough people to get something through. - Qawsedf234
imo, Stranger Things falls into the 2nd category, as clearly not a lot of staff members really care about this verse. And because we have 1 staff approval, I think it's safe to add the changes to the profiles.

We finally did it. We fixed the Stranger Things Verse

I'm applying the changes now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back