• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Deltarune Chapter 2 discussion!

Man I can't wait for Chapter 3 to come out, I'm absolutely in love with Deltarune.

For now I will be busy calculating Kris making a crack on the wood floor.

Woah, I finally found this thread, I almost thought it didn't existed.

May I ask, why does Kris and the others have "Limited Dimensional Travel" in their Chapter 2 abilities? Since when entering a portal to another world is an ability? And why Chapter 2 and not Chapter 1?
They can make portals that lead to the Dark Worlds. Dark Worlds can be used to travel to other Dark Worlds if Chapter 1's plotline is any indication.

Also, many abilities from their chapter 2 keys should be moved. Kris' multiple selves, Dimensional Storage, etc

They can make portals that lead to the Dark Worlds. Dark Worlds can be used to travel to other Dark Worlds if Chapter 1's plotline is any indication.
There's an ability called Portal Creation that would have been a better choice at the moment of adding those abilities.

Also, it should be on their Light World key.

"Limited Portal Creation (They make a portal to the Dark World as a side effect of creating a Dark Fountain)" sounds good to me.

Portal Creation already covers the ability to travel to another dimensions, it was never limited to places within the same plane of existence.

Yes it is.
What? It's literally mentioned in the Dimensional Travel page itself.

"This is rarely an ability on its own, often being achieved through other means such as Portal Creation used to open doorways into these universes."

And Steve only have Portal Creation for creating portals to alternative dimensions.

Which makes sense since he isn't dimensional travelling by himself, but creating a portal with the ability to dimensional travel.

And the same applies to the Lightners.

As for the Dimensional Storage, I think this should work:

"Dimensional Storage (With Inventory. Can store numerous different items in their inventory)

The range of Lightners in the Dark World = 10.15 m (Tens of Meters)

Kris stabs the ground hard enough to make a crack = 1095258.39 Joules (Wall level)

Straight up amazing. If accepted, it would make Light World Kris superior to Minimal Determination Frisk.

Next: Calculate the speed at which Kris performed the stab. Add Supernatural Willpower to Kris for their feats.

This jump.

By the way, I made the thread to apply the calculations, plus Supernatural Willpower for Kris.
The jump from the window to the floor looks like at most, 5 meters, generously speaking. (Assuming Kris is somewhat tall for their age range, & assuming their bathroom is big, considering many rooms have ceilings only 3 or 4 meters high up.)

I suppose it's POSSIBLE their bathroom is wide enough from the door to the window that 3 adults could lay down flat & end to end, as opposed to it being the size being somewhat abstracted/fudged by graphical limitations.

But I think it's akso plausible it's somewhat less distance than that. I'm eyeballing, so I have no idea precisely how much.

Anyway, it would be one thing if it was a jump with a VERTICAL distance, but it's horizontal, & it's definitely close to the range of actual high school long jumps.

To Kris's discredit:
1. High schoolers have been able to make jumps this long, or longer.
2. Kris did this jump from the elevated position of the window. I'd assume most windows, to be seen out of, are at least a meter off of the ground.

To Kris's credit:
1. Kris isn't shown standing on the windowsill, just putting their arms over it, then jumping in. No idea if they're hanging over air, how high up, or if they're on the ground.
2. Kris's movements are abnormal, so it's unknown if they're in an ideal physical state.
3. Most people who achieved great long jumps did so with running starts, I believe. The record for a standstill long jump, according to Wikipedia, is only 3.73 meters.

Also:
I actually requested someone calc Kris' jump and was told there was no way it'd get above 10-B lol
Whether it would or not, this does bring to mind a concern:

• Kinetic Energy based on Movement Speed is case by case: Fiction often treats the speed with which a character can move himself as unrelated to their attack power. As such feats like just running or carrying a small object, like another character, should only be used if the fiction has made clear that the speed of the movement correlates to the character's power or if the character uses the fast moving object to attack. Calculating the energy necessary for moving large structures at great speeds, using the speed things move as a secondary effect of an attack, throwing objects at great speeds etc. are all acceptable methods of quantifying a characters power regardless.
Personally, I think it's unclear if Deltarune means for what Kris did to correlate to Kris's physical power or such. Kris's motives for slashing the tires are somewhat unclear, as well as why they did the whole SOUL separation thing.

That said, 10-B for the mass of an adolescent moving several meters in a second or so seems like an underestimation; I don't remember the exact values we ascribe for Kris's height, weight, etcetera, so I just did used a deliberate oversimplication & low end.

Kris could have jumped only 3 meters (In 1 second) & have the weight of a 12 year old girl & it would still be solidly into 10-A, Athlete Level. Getting values above baseline 9-C Street Level, is certainly possible if using higher values than that low end of mine.

The speed at which Kris performed the jump is what truly gave that result, as they moved 0.33 meters per frame.

And the acceleration is even more incredible, as they went from a standing position in the window, to suddenly moving 0.33 meters per frame, which is impossible for any human to accelerate that quick.

Still, now that calc is going to used a supporting feat, as Kris cracking the floor gave far higher results.

The speed at which Kris performed the jump is what truly gave that result, as they moved 0.33 meters per frame.

And the acceleration is even more incredible, as they went from a standing position in the window, to suddenly moving 0.33 meters per frame, which is impossible for any human to accelerate that quick.

Still, now that calc is going to used a supporting feat, as Kris cracking the floor gave far higher results.
It may be notable that, Deltarune is locked to 30 FPS, but Youtube plays videos at around 25 FPS, IIRC.

Don't worry, according to YouTube, videos uploaded at 720p and beyond are reproduced at 60 fps, and I made sure to use those so no frames are skipped.

Don't worry, according to YouTube, videos uploaded at 720p and beyond are reproduced at 60 fps, and I made sure to use those so no frames are skipped.
But if you're playing a 30 frames per second game's video at a rate of 60 frames per second, aren't you seeing doubles of every frame?

YouTube can't produce frames new frames out of nowhere, we need special programs for that.

The game is just displayed at the maximum frame at which it was created.

I have a question, why does Kris doesn't have powers related to the SAVE mechanic, despite Ralsei and the narration referencing it in different occasions?

And Kris having a SAVE file before being overwritten by the player's, and the SAVE Point being referenced as "The light only you can see".

I apologize in advance if this was discussed before here.

Last edited:
That was discussed in an olddd CRT, but I still kinda agree with it. It suggested that Kris' SAVE/Reload is more likely to be the voice's power, given its lines on the file select screen.

The voice? You mean the player?

Can Kris even function properly without them? And that doesn't answer why Ralsei was speaking specifically to Kris when he mentions the SAVE point, or why Kris already has a SAVE file at the beginning of both chapters.

The voice? You mean the player?

Can Kris even function properly without them? And that doesn't answer why Ralsei was speaking specifically to Kris when he mentions the SAVE point, or why Kris already has a SAVE file at the beginning of both chapters.
The voice from the opening who is almost definitely Gaster. They're the one who revives Kris when they ask to be revived, and is the one navigating the player through the file select options

That's interesting, so I will wait for more information on the next chapters, I do still think saving is something Kris can do even without the SOUL or the voice.

Last edited:
It looks like they are about to complete Chapter 3.

I was worried they would bring out 3 chapters in one go, making them shorter than Chapter 2, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Brought up by Page 10 & Page 11:
The so-called "comic", if I understand things right:

(I'd say it's more a bunch of "profiles".)

But more importantly, that page says a bunch of stuff about characters. Mostly those in Grillby's bar.

Do we consider this "comic" stuff canon?? How canon is it?

It certainly seems like a different style of "comic" compared to the "comic" in last season's newsletter.

I'd say it's canon
I would like to say it is, too, but why?

Why should we assume this comic stuff on the Fangamer website from the newsletter is canon?
Why should we not?

(Not that I can't think of at least 1 answer for a case. But it's good to hear others' opinions.)

Forgive me if I'm being a bit tiresome, I just appreciate thorough consideration for as many perspectives as is practically possible.

Back