• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Deltarune Chapter 2 discussion!

It looks like they are about to complete Chapter 3.

I was worried they would bring out 3 chapters in one go, making them shorter than Chapter 2, but that doesn't seem to be the case.
I was 99% sure that's exactly what they're doing with the next 3 chapters

So... I think it's implied that the snowgrave ending is the player manipulating Kris to take advantage of Noelle.
Wouldn't it be Social Influence for the player?
(I don't know, I haven't seen Deltarune for a long time)

So... I think it's implied that the snowgrave ending is the player manipulating Kris to take advantage of Noelle.
Wouldn't it be Social Influence for the player?
(I don't know, I haven't seen Deltarune for a long time)
Wasn't their dialogue about Noelle being passive or readily following or something??

Plus, what orders she is given are notoriously short, when it isn't herself rationalizing what's being instructed to her.

A little disappointed. Looking through the "Rogues Gallery" profiles from this season's comic, I wish there's things that were relevant for more than behaviour, but so far, they seem insubstantial.
Still, reasonable not to expect much.

Cliffnotes: Grillby has emotion-based control of magical fire, prefers cold temperatures, & is from Hotland. Can heat glasses such that the outside is hot but the inside is "nice and cool". Can heat hot drinks by hand. (Uncertain of relevancy without timeframe, volume, etc.). Flames less controlled if angry or flustered.
Cannot make a snowman by hand, implying he's too hot for snow to stay solid on contact with him. Cool & collected, doesn't speak much.

Part of "Bunny"'s profile says:
"Sometimes asks Grillby to toast marshmallows in his mouth for her. Now he no longer even touches her food, choosing instead to use the redundant heating element he has in the back."

The fact a "heating element" (Whatever that is. One of these?) is called "redundant" as an alternative to him contact-roasting the marshmallows implies something.... Although I think some digging may need to be done to determine what kind of heating element a bar in Snowdin would use, given it's not only a bar, but one in The Underground in an isolated mountain where most tech seems to be humanity's discarded or obsoleted junk. (Excluding, perhaps, Alphys's innovations.)

I mean, in theory a gas oven is "redundant" in a sense if you can build a campfire, even if the campfire needs more time. (Plus, fire temperatures & such vary.)

The Dogs' canine behaviour is reinforced:

Profile: Dogs​

"Ever present, generating hair and playing cards. Although they keep trying to pay in bones and leave quite a mess, they are very loyal and the place feels empty if even one of them is gone.

(They pay all of the tab when Undyne comes in, so it evens out.)"

To the credit of their intelligence, there is them paying off their tab, plus the image of them playing Poker. (Hah. Old reference.) & also them toasting & drinking. The toast implies they can do at least 1 word of speech.

Sans might qualify for Social Influencing, if he doesn't have it already, but it feels like it's framed to be over a course of multiple visits

Profile: Sans​

"The first day he appeared, he sat down and said "i'll take the usual."

Acting like an old time customer, he often made everyone laugh so he was quickly accepted as one.

Puts all of his orders on some kind of tab. How much of this gets paid, and when is known only to Grillby and Sans.

Seems to get along well with Grillby, sometimes helping him with odd jobs.

Rarely, when Grillby has to step out, he's even been seen running the bar.

Just make sure you have a sense of humor when you make your order..."

Not sure if we should pay any mind to the visual gag as a possible feat. IMHO, for all we know, he had someone else put it there, or put it there himself & waited for someone to order a drink. I'm pretty sure Sans will wait for payoff on a joke/prank. As opposed to him actually teleporting it up there or such.

Profile: Papyrus​

"Sometimes appears, if nothing other than to drag his brother back to home (or to work).

Apologizes profusely to Grillby and attempts to pay for his brothers "tab" with various bones.

Explain the values and rarity of various bones, and sometimes trades with Grillby for the bones he has been "paid" from by the dogs.

Generally doesn't eat the food because he thinks the grease will make him "break out".

However, can be convinced to have a hot chocolate or hot milk."

Discredit &/or credit to his intelligence, since he sees value in the bones. IIRC, UT monsters don't leave corpses, & thus, they'd have no bones unless you like, stole a skeleton's anatomy, right?
So it's not like there's gonna be gold bones unless someone crafts one. So Papyrus valueing some bones is dubious, unless it's for like, size or some kind of function, IDK??
Grillby at least, does not think the bones are currency.

Papyrus thinks the grease in the food at Grillby's will make him "break out". Given Temmie has such a reaction, it MIGHT mean it's possible for him, but I could believe it's just Temmie being weird.

Profile: Temmie​

"Breaks out if eats the food due to a change in diet

(Eats the food)"

Temmie has a picture in the Rogues Gallery, showing the effects, but I find it unpleasant to look at, so I won't link it.
Anyway, discredit to Temmie's intelligence, & new weakness?

Undertale & Deltarune ARE all about humanizing (As in, making them relatable.) the "monsters", & it's the flaws that make us "human", some say.
Just a shame there's so many.

Thoughts, all?

Last edited:
It doesn't look like it will affect the profiles much, but I wouldn't be against adding more information based on this.

By the way, who would be a good Undertale match for Kris? They currently have very few matches on their profile.

Should Kris get Cold Resistance? Considering they were by Noelle's side at all times during the Snowgrave Route while her attacks froze objects all over the city and Spamton felt cold before he was even attacked by her.

Should Kris get Cold Resistance? Considering they were by Noelle's side at all times during the Snowgrave Route while her attacks froze objects all over the city and Spamton felt cold before he was even attacked by her.
To be fair almost all the lightners + ralsei + things like Queen should get cold resistance, as Berdly does not freeze from IceShock unlike the fodders.

That would kind of contradict the Check's information about Berdly being weak to ice attacks.

That also could be true, if he is more vulnerable but still resistant to being frozen, all other Lighters will scale above him, since they don't have that weakness.

Tho I think that the ones who'd get resistance from this are also:
  • Kris
  • Susie
  • Ralsei
  • Noelle
  • Queen
  • Jevil
  • Spamton (Maybe)
  • Spamton NEO (he gets frozen from a much more powered IceShock after all)
  • Tasque Manager (Maybe)
  • King
  • Rouxlus Kaard (Maybe)
Edit: If I forgot someone tell me.

• Queen
  • Jevil
  • Spamton (Maybe)
  • Tasque Manager (Maybe)
  • King
  • Rouxlus Kaard (Maybe)
The problem with these is that they canonically never have a chance to fight Noelle.

Technically, any enemy with more health than Noelle's IceShock could withstand the spell without freezing, with the exception of Berdly, who can only be frozen by SnowGrave.

But giving any enemy with decent HP Cold Resistance would be disingenuous, so I'll be arguing just for the Lightners.

But giving any enemy with decent HP Cold Resistance would be disingenuous, so I'll be arguing just for the Lightners.
I think that at least the strongest Darkners (Spamton NEO, Queen, King and Jevil) should get it as well, as I do not think it's fair to exclude them from this.

I think that at least the strongest Darkners (Spamton NEO, Queen, King and Jevil) should get it as well, as I do not think it's fair to exclude them from this.
Doesn't Noelle DEFEAT Spamton NEO for Kris using IceShock or some kind of magic?

It still means that a single IceShock is not enough, despite it instantly freezing a fodder.
I'd doubt Spamton NEO's status as a fodder, even compared to Snowgrave Route Noelle, considering he was holding his own, if not walling that same route's Kris.

I suppose it's TECHNICALLY being more resistant/less vulnerable than other characters. Although, don't the 3 hits all happen almost simeultaneously?

I suppose it's TECHNICALLY being more resistant/less vulnerable than other characters. Although, don't the 3 hits all happen almost simeultaneously?
Yeah, it still means is a x3 IceShock, which also inflicts far more damage each compared to when we controlled Noelle.

Does this really counts as Fourth Wall Awareness for Spamton NEO? He was just interrupting Kris.
Q78q91e_d.webp

Spamton and Jevil should have it but for the entire freedom shit, especially given that Spamton is definitely aware at Kris' being controlled from the Player.

I think it’s pretty obvious that Spamton, Jevil, Ralsei, sans, and eventually gaster (and possibly kris) all have some 4th wall awareness
I think we should just let it slide personally

Spamton and Jevil should have it but for the entire freedom shit, especially given that Spamton is definitely aware at Kris' being controlled from the Player.
The player exists in-universe, that's not 4thWE. Same with the freedom stuff, Jevil is just insane and sees the world as a game

It turns out that Ralsei's feat of closing the Great Door is nearly as good as Kris's Class K feat, so an excellent supporting feats for our heroes.

Next feat to be calculated: Kris and Ralsei surviving the Thrash Machine exploding onto them point-blank and only receiving minuscule damage, with this blast obliterating the machine itself.

I'm expecting massive upgrades to the entire verse with this one.

Last edited:
Nice, I could easily argue for 8-C Deltarune characters with this.

The only bad thing about this is that it will make many battles a stomp.

Edit: The feat is actually Building level, so I guess "At least Building level" for all characters would suffice? Or maybe "Building level+".

Last edited:
I wonder if there's a feat that we can scale featless Darkners to. Plugboy and C. Round have an Unknown tier, and I kinda wanna replace that somehow.

Could slap a 10-B on, as they're basically normal citizens and relative in size to teenagers.

The only feats I can think of that they'd be able to scale to are

• C. Round's KE from... rolling?

• The Plugboys seemingly took hits from the wires, which created some cracks in the pavement

• Could just downscale em from Rudiins and what have you

By the way, I noticed that in the Sweepstakes Event, Kris was actually referred as "Kris Dreemurr".

https://deltarune.com/kris_dreemurr_kris/

So I think we should rename their profile from "Kris (Deltarune)" to "Kris Dreemur", I was never really a fan of listing the verse a character is coming from alongside their name, just because there's a single other Kris in the whole wiki.

Edit: Welp it was already changed, Kris Dreemurr is a beautiful name though.

Last edited:
Back