• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Deltarune Chapter 2 discussion!

We never see sans turning into dust, the sound that plays happens every time you defeat enemies regardless of the means
maybe he doesn’t have a soul but he’s definitely a darkner when you consider that the vast majority of his mysterious things parallel dark world abilities (dodging) and designs (lancer color scheme)
There’s much more to it than these two things but I’ll get t to those later

We never see sans turning into dust, the sound that plays happens every time you defeat enemies regardless of the means
The sound is of an enemy turning into dust. It means he turned into dust.
Papyrus being his brother in both universes, and turning into dust, should debunk this outright.
maybe he doesn’t have a soul but he’s definitely a darkner
The word "definitely" being used here when the evidence you used was "Color Scheme and Dodging".
when you consider that the vast majority of his mysterious things parallel dark world abilities (dodging) and designs (lancer color scheme)
There’s much more to it than these two things but I’ll get t to those later
Dodging is one of Sans MANY ways to break the laws of the Undertale universe, which only further justifies that he's not even from that universe.
Color scheme is the single most tinfoil hat hint I've ever seen

Jfc I said I’d be back with more, you sure are excited huh
well anyways there are some simple pieces of evidence we can go to
his room door is literally a dark world fast travel door, and his room acts 1:1 with the behavior of a dark world that you enter (it’s a prank but it’s an obvious direct reference

that sound still has nothing to do with dust, I’m pretty sure it plays after you spare enemies as well

Sans is the only person who sleeps during a battle, except for darkners who can be pacified

The sans introduction is the exact same as lancer’s as he follows you as a silhouette and seemingly teleports around. This was obviously intentional

sans’ room is also stated to be “like another world in there” by papyrus.

Sans is also one of the only characters in the game to have a talking portrait that would look the exact same if he were a darkner (darkners have colored talking pics) since he’s a skeleton

Sans is also similar to the secret bosses, given that he has more power than he should, gained after his interaction with the infamous Gaster.
And there’s still more compelling stuff but I’m going to assume this is enough to convince you thanks.

Saving and Loading doesn't seem to be Kris' power, but rather the voice that speaks to them upon death. It's also way more vauge than Undertale's own canonical Save/Reload system.

Kris has a save file before the player overrides it, so it has nothing to do with the voice (it’s nearly confirmed to be Gaster by the way)

also, spamton neo's check says "you won't find higher attack and defense anywhere else"
I would normally go on to say he scales above giga queen but unfortunately the cast got stomped by giga queen....
sad times for us spamton neo fans.

also, spamton neo's check says "you won't find higher attack and defense anywhere else"
I would normally go on to say he scales above giga queen but unfortunately the cast got stomped by giga queen....
sad times for us spamton neo fans.
Yeah what’s unfortunate is that even Spamton Neo’s stats (even though we don’t really use stats for scaling) are higher than both versions of Queen.

I could try to make a really shitty argument that the Fun gang is just more powerful in the Spamton Neo fight than in the Giga Queen fight but I don’t really have evidence for that other than mayybe Kris (with the help of Susie and Ralsei; Noelle in the Snowgrave Route) is more determined to defeat Neo than Queen. Meaning Spamton Neo is stronger than Giga Queen but the Fun Gang was simply more determined to defeat Neo but that doesn’t really make a lot of sense in some ways.

So y'all seen the Deltarune Mini-Preview yet?

There's A LOT to go over, more than I thought after having watched some Youtubers, I'd dare say.

But I wanna see that this thread ain't completely dead before I go rambling my rear end off. Who's about?

WHATEVER it was, Susie must have thought she was getting made fun of, because she immediately just LAUNCHED the apple right at kris.

But, Kris, with their gamer reaction speed X) Held up their notebook like a shield and blocked it diagonally, bouncing it into the air...

And actually CAUGHT the apple.

Then took a bite out of it.

Gosh, though, did that make Susie mad.
Athletic Human reactions for Kris via apple

I think there could actually be some additions from this.

We could give Kris and Spamton limited Mind Manip via Spamton's rings being even more implied to actually alter the wearer's mind.

Kris can probably get Athletic Human reactions in the Light World since they effortlessly blocked an apple being "launched" at them by Susie.

Spamton has some sort of technology manip that allows him to install viruses into computers, as seen with Noelle and her pipis egg. Universal+ range with it too lol

I'm hoping Freedom wins.

We could give Kris and Spamton limited Mind Manip via Spamton's rings being even more implied to actually alter the wearer's mind.
How does the sweepstake's info indicate this?
Kris can probably get Athletic Human reactions in the Light World since they effortlessly blocked an apple being "launched" at them by Susie.
Presuming it's accepted as valid canon, I think this would be reasonable.
Spamton has some sort of technology manip that allows him to install viruses into computers, as seen with Noelle and her pipis egg. Universal+ range with it too lol
How do we know he didn't begin as code?

We've seen tiny Spamtons emerge from Pipis's, & for what its worth, some Tweets imply it was Spamton himself who went into Noelle's system then left.

so can someone here explain to me why one of my favorite streamers is now the official face of spamton

this is like if they got jerma to play sans in a live action undertale movie

No reaction feats from focken' throwing apples, please.

With what argument
What argument was used? "The save file had Kris' name, thus they obviously can use this power too".

What argument was used to debunk it?
This fact alone does not prove Kris is capable of using SAVE, much less LOAD, as they didn't even have any registration. Furthermore, the SAVE points are something only us, the SOUL can see. Furthermore, the SAVE was being accessed by Kris' body and mind alongside ours, and just showcase the name of our vessel before we overwrite it, as all the three names disappear after we save in one of them.

What argument was used? "The save file had Kris' name, thus they obviously can use this power too".

What argument was used to debunk it?
This fact alone does not prove Kris is capable of using SAVE, much less LOAD, as they didn't even have any registration. Furthermore, the SAVE points are something only us, the SOUL can see. Furthermore, the SAVE was being accessed by Kris' body and mind alongside ours, and just showcase the name of our vessel before we overwrite it, as all the three names disappear after we save in one of them.
Kris didn't have any "registration"? Pardon my asking, just unsure what you're referring to/meaning with that word.

It was just his name on the files, no registration of a SAVE being made before.
Ah, I see.

Also, I hate bringing it up, but what is your opinion of the implication of Spamton & Jevil being exes?
Spamton had some form of relationship with Jevil in the past, but always lost games they played together.
  • The quote "$#&* the ketchup kids" is a reference to a meme Tumblr post.[7]

That's a very specific phrase to quote verbatim.
Spamton speaks of Jevil resentfully, considering he says he doesn't want to see Jevil because "all he thinks about is games, games, games" while Spamton describes himself as if he's working (Arguably evoking a hard-worker & a slacker.) by saying he's "out here busting his ass into a scented candle".
& he speaks about Jevil saying "never again", which is something someone might say if they're resentful about someone & want to avoid them ever again.

I find it weird, but there do seem to be indications.

Ah, I see.

Also, I hate bringing it up, but what is your opinion of the implication of Spamton & Jevil being exes?
Spamton had some form of relationship with Jevil in the past, but always lost games they played together.
  • The quote "$#&* the ketchup kids" is a reference to a meme Tumblr post.[7]

That's a very specific phrase to quote verbatim.
Spamton speaks of Jevil resentfully, considering he says he doesn't want to see Jevil because "all he thinks about is games, games, games" while Spamton describes himself as if he's working (Arguably evoking a hard-worker & a slacker.) by saying he's "out here busting his ass into a scented candle".
& he speaks about Jevil saying "never again", which is something someone might say if they're resentful about someone & want to avoid them ever again.

I find it weird, but there do seem to be indications.
I think the kind of relationship they had was a mutual insanity connection between the two.

Back