• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Debunking Bill Cipher's 2-A tier + Axolotl downgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like this was probably brought up and debunked before so I'll just wait for the next bill downgrade thread

These downgrade threads are honestly annoying the heck out of me. Like, everyone's taking a stab to downgrade Bill (I call it downplay) to where he's weaker than people like Bubsy or smth.

It's irritating.

Just to make things extra clear, the justification for his durability has him being able to not die from this 2-A feat, so that would be upgraded as well.

Paul Frank said:
I feel like this was probably brought up and debunked before so I'll just wait for the next bill downgrade thread
God no someone should immedieatly make a post stopping all bill cipher downgrades for the next like, 2 months at least.

The way I see it, if Bill Cipher cannot destroy the multiverse then he can at least warp reality on a 2-A scale, either way that buts him in the tier.

When things look bleak, that's when Kepekley23 will come and bring with him actual discussion into a thread.

I feel like we need to match up Altair vs Bill yet again to actually start proving a point, but I digress.

So he's not Low 2-C anymore, but 2A??

If so, this is not gonna go over well, since all the versus discussions are going to be radically different with something along the lines of "oh but he has comparable AP due to being in same tier so he can affect this and this".

> Bill upgrades = Actually downgrades

> Bill downgrades = Actually upgrades

If we can keep the same pace with the downgrade threads, we can get Bill to tier 0 in about a week.

Iamunanimousinthat said:
The way I see it, if Bill Cipher cannot destroy the multiverse then he can at least warp reality on a 2-A scale, either way that buts him in the tier.
Show me he can do that on a Digimon-esque level, then I might be convinced :3

Dragopentling said:
If so, this is not gonna go over well, since all the versus discussions are going to be radically different with something along the lines of "oh but he has comparable AP due to being in same tier so he can affect this and this".
This is irrelevent. If his feats is of a certain tier, we shall rate him as such.

LephyrTheRevanchist said:
Dragopentling said:
This is irrelevent. If his feats is of a certain tier, we shall rate him as such.
Yet nearly all the 2A characters here practically outdo him in AP. If we want to actuall toy with the 2A thing, he'd be AT MOST baseline 2A and no better whatsoever.

His 2A AP calcs will be vague, regardless.

plenty of 2-C and 2-B entities like Arceus, Rimuru, and Monika still yeet on Bill, in all honesty.

Even Yukari and Compo Ghidorah can screw him over, too, despite being High 4-C and High 3-A, respectively.

I feel like the 2-A change will become an excuse to say "oh but his durability and AP prevent him from touched" if we were actually do such matches with aforementioned entities.

LephyrTheRevanchist said:
@Dragopentling
Whatever the tier of any other character is 100% irrelevant for the purpose of this thread.
No it actually kinda is. Cause if the 2A revision goes through, any wins, if not all, of Bill's victories or Incons in that tier will be via sheer virtue of fancy dialogue evidence that still don't really have much concrete foundation to them. Imagine the amount of supporters trying to prove how he can beat somebody like Madoka or Lucemon. Those versus threads can very well grow toxic and the supposed legitimacies of the results will be taken too much for granted, when Bill really never physically showed anything on a 2A scaled feat. He's still very much a 3D entity as well, in case anyone forgot.

Edwardtruong2006 said:
@Drago
What are you even arguing?

Bill's been sitting as a weak 2-A that can't affect anything 4-D for months do you think that him being 2-A once again without any changes to his hax will make everyone be like "well he can beat ******* Lucemon now"
I said before for like maybe the 10th time. Bill's 2-A feats are virtue of dialogue, and we never actually see him rip up stuff on anything close to a multiversal level. At best, "likely 2-A" description is the more fitting (and still a reach), if we absolutely must have 2A, regardless.

That said, I apologize for mentioning other unrelated characters, but I was trying to get across my point with examples.

Geezus, here we go again with me supposedly derailing just because I want to make a comparative example.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back