• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Debunking Bill Cipher's 2-A tier + Axolotl downgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again, why don't we keep the Low 2-C rating and just peg an additional full-fledged 2-A rating on there? The best of both worlds, as Hannah Montana would put it.

@GiverOfThePeace Thats a given, it would be laughable if someone would. My point is that this is not the place for such a discussion.

Everything around Bill seems to be (needlesly) controversal, so derailing a thread that already has nearly 300 posts with irrelevant stuff that does not contribute to the discussion is quite frankly a bad idea. If you really want to talk how bad Bill fair in his possible new tier then do it on your walls.

Christian Higdon said:
Probs a good idea. Bill deserves to at least keep that Low 2-C, but putting 2-A at full power right there could do good.
Of course there needs to be specifications for the 2A. Still kinda not helping him as much in 2A battles, though. It's highly advised to keep his matches within Low 2C to 2C opponents. I'm asking this as someone who's advising to rather not get him wanked as fodder against 2B and 2A characters, most of which are clearly better than him.

ShadowWarrior1999 said:
Here's the issue with that: it still doesn't prove 2-A when that rip is Low 2-C. If Bill is 2-A then why would he need to travel to other universes in the first place?
1. This is circular reasoning. "He is Low 2-C because he is!!"

2. No. Him wanting to travel to other universes doesn't mean anything in regards to Attack Potency or Destructive Capability. ]

I got to agree with Kepekley23, First Witch, and Ultima Reality's reasonings so I disagreed with the downgrade. I also agreed that vote based on Vs threads should not count; it also was a main reason why Bill was downgraded to High 3-A once as some wanted to removed the losing vs thread record or makes threads for Bill as one of strongest High 3-A, even wanting fight for the past Chuck Norris's profile.

I am also personally fine with Bill being upgraded to 2-A for the reason above.

Was there even supposed to be voting here, though? I wasn't even aware of that xDD

But whatever, the tier change honestly doesn't change anything for him in future matches besides more possible matchups, in all honesty.

"

A 2-A wouldn't need to travel to other universes to tamper with them. He'd do it from the spot he's at.

Bill did reach full power. The barrier only restricted his range to within Gravity Falls."

You do realize you conceded to your own argument in the same comment right

>bill would do it from the same spot he's at

>his range was restricted

nice

Might as well....

"Somewhere through rifts of space-time within,

The Doritos meme Bill Cipher, loudly chimes in.

He seemingly smiles and gloats brilliantly

Upon his promotion, oh so significantly.

And the masses that are his fans,

Cheer oh so loudly as they can.

But deep down within his hollow soul,

he shudders with anxiety and fear.

The looming chains of sufferings for Bill, yet again draw near."

P.s. totally not sorry for making this.

I'm neutral on this since Bill's scaling throughout the Vs community (not just this Wiki) is like a Yo-yo from tier 1 to tier 11, I've seen it all however I absolutely enjoyed watching Gravity falls (defo a big fan of the series myself).

Hykuu said:
"

A 2-A wouldn't need to travel to other universes to tamper with them. He'd do it from the spot he's at.

Bill did reach full power. The barrier only restricted his range to within Gravity Falls."

You do realize you conceded to your own argument in the same comment right

>bill would do it from the same spot he's at

>his range was restricted

nice
The barrier prevented Bill from spreading his Weirdmageddon across the universe, which he needed Ford's help in order to disable it.

Again, Low 2-C, not 2-A.

There's exactly zero sense in a Low 2-C being a threat that a 2-A multiverse needs to be actively saved from.

@Shadow

??????

you do realize there is specific magic in GF which is meant to counter bill, right? This has nothing to do with AP, it's hax, and again, this is you self conceding to your argument. Please re-read my point.

Also, how many points have you made by now only to disregard all of them 3 comments later? Sheesh.

If there is an infinite amount of multiverses, to threaten them all with no further explanation he would have to be 2-A. "Over time" can't really apply to 2-A stuff, since you are still affecting an infininity in a finite amount of time and as such somewhere along the line comes a 2-A feat.

Also, didn't you kudos me for saying something like this on another thread with regards to a different character? It seems a little odd that you so vehemently disagree now with the same principle.

@Kep Not really. Saving the universe can be taken as saving it's inhabitants rather than the universe itself actually being destroyed.

To assume that is to make more assumptions than to take the statement for what it actually says, which makes no sense. Why would you even assume this? Why does the stuff inside a universe not count anymore? Are inanimate objects unable to be saved?

ShadowWarrior1999 said:
@Kep Not really. Saving the universe can be taken as saving it's inhabitants rather than the universe itself actually being destroyed.
Occam's Razor dictates that taking the statement at face-value is more straightforward and simple.

" @Kep Not really. Saving the universe can be taken as saving it's inhabitants rather than the universe itself actually being destroyed."

This is both a ambiguous fallacy and a hasty generalization, nobody scales a verse like that in this wikia, otherwise a dozen low 2-Cs and 2-As would be downgraded by all the arguments you've presented.

@Kep Context still has to be taken into account because then otherwise you would get bloated statistics. Black Doom isn't Low 2-C because he says "he is the supreme being that rules this universe" or Imperator Ix for saying he will "shake the foundation of the universe."

@Hykuu Like who?

Any character whose on that level for being called a threat to the universe/multiverse without being specified as to if they are going to destroy it or not? Do I really need to grab analogies or are you not seeing that you've been cherrypicking every single one of my arguments the whole time?

Both of those are awful analogies and examples in the context that you're trying to paint them at.

But thanks for illustrating my point. If someone rules a universe, what are you going to assume? That the whole universe is under his field of control. If they say that they will shake the universe (with less hyperbole), then you naturally assume it means just that - the whole part. Not that he is just shaking a single galaxy.

Context is perfectly accounted for here. In your case, both Occam's Razor and context are disregarded.

69 billion fax megathread has been dealt with, and the show isn't even over I believe, the ending implies bill is still alive

@Kep If someone rules over a universe, I would assume that they have the reach to do it, like sending in their army on spaceships to conquer planets throughout the cosmos, unless there's more evidence to show that they have power on that level, because ruling something in itself isn't an AP feat.

In Bill Cipher's case, he's just described as being a general threat to the multiverse meanwhile the statements regarding his abilities only treat him as being able to destroy/cause havoc on a universal scale.

This is My Username was taken said:
Smosh is dead
Tru. a╠Ân╠Âd╠ ╠Âs╠Âo╠ ╠Âi╠Âs╠ ╠Âb╠Âi╠Âl╠Âl╠Âs╠ ╠Âp╠Âr╠Âo╠Âf╠Âi╠Âl╠Âe╠ ╠Âw╠Âh╠Âe╠Ân╠ ╠Ât╠Âh╠Âe╠ ╠Âs╠Ât╠Âa╠Âf╠Âf╠ ╠Âg╠Âe╠Ât╠ ╠Âs╠Âi╠Âc╠Âk╠ ╠Âo╠Âf╠ ╠Ât╠Âh╠Âe╠ ╠Âr╠Âe╠Âv╠Âi╠Âs╠Âi╠Âo╠Ân╠Âs╠Â

> @Kep If someone rules over a universe, I would assume that they have the reach to do it, like sending in their army on spaceships to conquer planets throughout the cosmos, unless there's more evidence to show that they have power on that level, because ruling something in itself isn't an AP feat.

Seems like the point shot completely past your head. If someone rules a universe then their field of control is universal. Nobody was talking about AP. Ruling something isn't an AP feat, and I didn't say it was. That's strawmanning my words.

> In Bill Cipher's case, he's just described as being a general threat to the multiverse meanwhile the statements regarding his abilities only treat him as being able to destroy/cause havoc on a universal scale.

Bill is directly described as an immediate threat to the wider multiverse and then it's said that the whole multiverse needs to be saved from his wrath. Other statements on an universal scale don't matter to the multiversal ones. They're separate and incomplete.

This interpretation on an infinite multiverse is inherently flawed and violates Occam's Razor, therefore it is inaccurate. It's just that simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back