• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Debunking Bill Cipher's 2-A tier + Axolotl downgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
After rewatching a few key scenes in Gravity Falls and looking at some of the scans posted, I've come to the conclusion that Bill isn't 2-A at all.

First, let's look at the key scans that justify Bill being 2-A.

Bill being a threat to the multiverse.

The multiverse is infinite.

So 2-A right? While Gravity Falls does indeed have a 2-A multiverse, being a threat to it isn't an AP feat. It's much akin to how a corrupt government isn't 6-B because "they are a threat to their country."

"But what about Time Baby stating that Bill's rip could destroy the very fabric of existence?"

The issue with this is that while it may seem 2-A, it sounds more like Time Baby is only referring to the universe. He refers to Bill's rip in "this dimension", which would make sense for the "fabric of existence" to be the universe's space-time continuum (a multiverse isn't a fabric after all). Additionally, here, Bill says "finally your dimension will be free", which only implies Bill threatening the universe.

Now for his range, it should be Universal+ like his AP. Here it states Bill has access to alternate realities, but this only implies dimensional travel. If Bill was 2-A then he wouldn't have to travel to those realities to tamper with them, he could do it from the very spot he's at.

In conclusion, Bill is Low 2-C, and only that because the context doesn't imply that he can actually bust the multiverse in one go, but rather he's a threat to it because he has the ability to travel to different universes and use his reality warping shenanigans to mess around with them.

Now for one last thing, Axolotl should have his tier changed to "At least Low 2-C" for being superior to Bill by an unquantifiable amount and have his speed changed to unknown. Existing in the "time space between time space" is vague and is not remotely an immeasurable speed feat.

Agree: 25 (ShadowWarrior1999, CinnabarManx421, ShakeResounding, Dragopentling, Antvasima, Eficiente, Js250476, Paul Frank, Psychomaster35, Jimboydejuan12, Arceus0x, DaBigP, RotofBots, PRIDEXEGO, Quantu, Saikou The Lewd King, Sir sun man, Tony di bugalu, 19hmun, Totallynotchewbacca, SomebodyData, MiamiVice43, Xerkser500, MYHERO, MagicCloud6, GabrielMaster721)

Disagree: 21 (ED INFINITUM, Tyranno223, GiverOfThePeace, Hykuu, Inverted Tempest, Kepekley23, Ultima Reality, The Arsenal1212, Dziga, The Wright Way, JooCipher, Christian Higdon, Mephistus, Iamunanimousinthat, Steven Pogi Paitao, Unoriginal Memes, Elizhaa, First Witch, LephyrTheRevanchist, SinsofMan, ZeedKrakenZilla)

Neutral: 6 (DarkDragonMedeus, DMB 1, CrimsonStarFallen, The Axiom of Virgo, Maverick Zero X, Andytremo)

Bill has a pretty awesome design I am not going to lie. It's so simple but brilliant at the same time.

MYHERO said:
Bill has a pretty awesome design I am not going to lie. It's so simple but brilliant at the same time.
I mean, if you like doritos then you will love Bill, there is nothing more than that :v

I know nothing about Gravity Falls, so I'm neutral on the topic. But I believe DarkAnine is knowledgeable; and I think Cal had problems with the downgrade iirc.

I...gotta disagree with this one,there's plenty of verses that only mention a singular universe/dimension but actually mean the entire cosmology in general,I believe this is one of those cases.

I mean... his 2-A doesn't seem combat applicable anyway so...

Still,if he were a threat to an infinite multiverse going one by one,he would at least need infinite speed bare minimun to be any threat at all.

While I love Gravity Falls and Bill Cipher, I'm utterly sick of these revisions hahaha

Downgrades seem fine.

Unless @Cal flexes and says no

ED INFINITUM said:
Still,if he were a threat to an infinite multiverse going one by one,he would at least need infinite speed bare minimun to be any threat at all.
Bill can just teleport or open portals to other universes. In that sense he'd still be a threat to the multiverse without actually destroying it in one go.

ED INFINITUM said:
I...gotta disagree with this one,there's plenty of verses that only mention a singular universe/dimension but actually mean the entire cosmology in general,I believe this is one of those cases.
You kinda need to prove that it's the case here.

I agree with ShadowWarrior.

Even in sport, they say players are a threat to teams because of their skill. They aren't as strong as the whole other team combined

Even if he stacked all the portals on top of each other,it would take all of eternity to go to every continuum & perform the smallest of actions,that goes for anyone who's been to infinite worlds at any point actually.

I don't know,It seems like him threatening the multiverse is very imminent,not something that's going to take eternity.

But threatening the multiverse isn't the same as actually destroying it. It's a general statement describing Bill's ability to cause havoc across different realities. Having dimensional travel would do the trick.

Edwardtruong2006 said:
How is travelling through dimensions not low multiversal range lol
It doesn't prove that you can attack with low multiversal range. It just means you can teleport or open portals/rifts into other universes.

That's still low multiversal range dude.

Your reach still extends across universes if you can make portals to tbem. You just cant attack with it

It doesn't seem that way in this context though,him dimension hopping & screwing with singular continuums would be nigh inconsequential in an infinite multiverse.

I agree, though hopefully this'll be the final downgrade, these are tiring just to read, much less than to participate in ovo.

>give everyone with dimensional travel low multiversal range

Uhh, they should already have that. That's by definition Low Multiversal range

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back