• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DEBUNK THE POST - MKWIIBroadcast's Cell is 4-B Refutation blog Refutation

"Cell is not a solar system buster. Let's me debunk the whole myth that's haunting the popular belief and the arguments used one by one. *Argument 1:* False. He said that he had *enough ki* to destroy the solar system. *Argument 2:* Completely false. His argument underlines the non-capitalized letters so he concludes that if he's not shouting, then he doesn't lie. The proof is that Buu claimed that he was omnipotent, so just because the letters aren't capitalized he doesn't lie ? https://imgur.com/a/Lv5Fb so Buu > Zeno ? Cell's hyperbole was incorporated into a bubble surrounded by thorns. That proves that he was yelling. The context is important, he was clearly trying to frighten his opponents. Cell repeating that he would blow up the entire planet, twice. After Piccolo's claims on their powerlessness above all, Cell was stating that he could destroy the entire solar system. Especially as Gohan was frightened and wasn't certain to win, he lacked self-confidence. Cell's purpose is to give no hope to them, and he saw that Cell was someone arrogant in his perfect form. Cell is NOT a solar system buster. He's a planet buster at best, because there's powerscaling. At least he has enough energy to do such, but his kamehameha was undoubtedly not solar system level. Everyone says "oh-no", because of the same reason *you* trusted Cell's false statement. They're eventually dumb. And they can not read his mind, they're not Professor X. *Argument 3:* Irrelevant, Cell is not a solar system buster, so that's not an outlier, that's a bullsh*t. *Argument 4:* His claim was a full hyperbole + Cell never destroyed a solar system. Furthermore, you can't become a doctor without any medical degree. *Argument 5:* No one has never say that. Regarding the "sources", he forgotten to check the author of these databooks, that might be confusing to use informations without knowing who wrote them, right ? The only book that confirmed this bullcrap is a random databook written by Toei, not by Toriyama. Since when the video games are canon ? Moreover, Cell claims that he could blow up the solar system in the manga, so it wouldn't make any sense that he wouldn't say the same in the video game. Cell is arrogant, why would they change Cell's behaviour ? Otherwise, should I remind you what is canon and non-canon ? *Argument 6:* Does "cell" mean "memory" ? I didn't know that. *Argument 7:* They knew that Cell was enough power to match the Z-fighters, but they didn't necessarly know that this amount of power would threat the entire solar system. Proof ? They believed Cell's hyperbole. *Argument 8:* Debunked (for the previous reasons). And no one surpassed star level. *Argument 9:* He can't. *Argument 10:* You don't need to read this wikia to know that Cell is without any doubt not a solar system buster. Come on, that's just common sense. *Argument 11:* Cell is an island buster because he only destroyed islands. Perhaps more, but at least he's on this level. Cell's kamehameha with Gohan's provoked only a crater. If you begin to say "no he focused the released power/ki over a specific point" we'll never know how powerful Cell really is. Moreover, that's just a theory made by fans to make believe themselves that they're the most OP characters ever. Honestly, that theory never was mentionned a single time in DBZ contrary to DC/MARVEL where this kind of manipulation is sometimes referred. Ki control is described by Toriyama to be the ability to define one specific quantity of Ki you will release, he never mentionned a single time ki manipulation as the ability to focus ki. In fiction, literally most fights between planetary characters end up with at most a big city destroyed or the planet shaking, maybe some continent ravaged or something else. Even via massive powerscaling we're far from an expected solar system level so that's irrelevant. *Argument 11A:* According to the itw: "What are the requirements for becoming strong? There are physical limits to the strength of the body itself, so in order to overcome that barrier, it's necessary to increase your "ki". *Normally, the more you increase your ki, the harder it is to control, so ki control is also important."* + his own quote: "No matter how much you train, there are limits to physical strength, and the only way to overcome that is through ki". I don't see a single mention about his dumb theory. It refers to a quantity of ki and not the way you focus it. *Argument 11B:* He debunked his own theory he developed right before, he separated "ki control" and "focusing the size of an attack", he doens't even know what he's saying lmao. "

MKWIIBroadcast

I issue a challenge to all of you to... DEBUNK IT.

Good luck to you.

SomebodyData said:
What is this?
A downplayer's "Refutation"

I challenge you to debunk it.

(I've done this before, post a bad argument and watch the vultures tear it to pieces)

So did you refute the argument, and you want your argument to be refuted?

(We accept 4-B Cell so if that's the case, why do dis?)

SomebodyData said:
So did you refute the argument, and you want your argument to be refuted?
(We accept 4-B Cell so if that's the case, why do dis?)
It's not my argument.

I just took a downplayers statement, and threw into the lion's den to watch it get torn apart.

>at most he's planet

I can refute that, first form Frieza is already small star and Cell is hilariously above him in every way.

Back