• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DEATH! DEATH! DEATH! Guts vs Elsa Granhiert

Xmark12

FC/OC VS Battles
Retired
A man cloaked in black walked along a dead forest; a blade no regular man could possibly ever wield lay dormant on his back, looking more like a sheet of iron than a sword.

Suddenly, the man heard footsteps...

Coming closer...

And closer...

And-

A blade barely misses its mark on the swordsman's neck, as a woman appears from the shadows-

-An assassin has been sent for his head.

The Black Swordsma

vs

The Vampire Assassi

Rules:

• Speed equalized.
  • Guts does not have the Berserker Armor on, but can put it on at any time.
  • In-Character.
  • Win by whatever they would do in-character to win.
  • The match takes place in a dead forest at night.
Music:

Neutral Battle Theme

Guts' Battle Theme

Elsa's Battle Theme

Score:

Guts: 3

Elsa: 0

Inconclusive: 2

Who will LIVE? Who will DIE?

Guts-0
Elsa granhirte art 2

It doesn't look like Guts has anything to permanently put down Elsa. My bet is on her via Regen and Resurrection.

IIRC Dragonslayer negates Regenerationn (Soul Manipulation does that), and Guts has a higher intelligence and likely stamina (Berserker Armor also completely negates the need for stamina altogether). I'd say Guts has a good chance here.

Also changed so that any way of defeating the opponent's allowed, so Guts may just need to cut her a few times to make her stay down, and not kill her.

0 - 1 - 0 though.

I figured that her Magic negation would render Gut's Dragonslayer tantamount to a big sword, instead of a soul-shredder. Would I be wrong about that?

I actually don't know. We don't know the full capacity of her cloak.

I guess this match depends on whether Guts' Dragonslayer is rendered useless or not, or if he can restrain her long enough to be considered a victory.

Mkay, imma wait for some explanations for both sides.

Imma keep your vote to Elsa until we have more information.

Calm down with the bumping, only been an hour since your last one, wait close to a day at least before bumping, 12 hours the least i would say.

I don't think it could negate it, the dragon Slayer even caught Slan off guard and wounded her if I recall, Slan being a god hand and all.

Elsa's cloak can't negate gut's soul manipulation cause it's never been shown to work on stuff like that, only basic stuff like ice attacks.

On the other hand, guts's soul manipulation isn't a one hit kill and will only matter if it's a fatal attack. Gut's is also a glass canon, so one good hit from elsa and he is dead.

Gut's does have a range advantage with canon arm and crossbrow but those don't matter that much since elsa will just regen and from what i am aware only dragonslayer can attack souls.

So one attack from elsa and guts is dead due to being a glass canon but conversly one fatal attack from guts and elsa won't be able to regen or resurrect since guts attacked her soul i guess.

So whoever gets that lethal hit in first wins, looks inconclusive to me.

Well with the Berserker Armor she'd need to land a lethal blow otherwise he'd keep going implying she does stuff like stab him and the like and not splatter him, the armor will literally pull his wounds together and will let him fight untill not a drop of blood remains. Plus the DS can act as multiblock tier shield.

Reasons? Still counting your vote though for Guts, since Berserker Armor is allowed.

Don't know much about Elsa but Guts in the armor is hard to put down, he doesnt feel pain so doing incredibly dangerous things is so.ething he'd do just to het a slight edge, if his arms or legs break the armor will patch them back together right away so it wont hinder his combat ability, this goes for any broken bones, wounds torn muscles and he'll fight untill the last drop of his blood is spilt.

Also he's potentially bloodlusted, like actually so.

Elsa doesn't feel pain either, in fact she is a *********, she likes pain, she will sacrifice an arm or whatever without hesitation, she doesn't care if she gets injured, cause she will regen anyway.

Guts can negate regen? First i am hearing of this, proof? Thought his soul manipulation only worked if he lands a fatal hit?

His sword doesn't bypass durability, anyone saying so is wanking but he can negate regen (to an extent anyway).

Any wound he does manage to inflict with Dragon Slayer will also inflict the same wound on the ethereal body in the same location, aka the soul and won't heal unless you manage to heal the soul too.

Basically if he cuts off an arm, the soul's arm is gone too. Or if he does a small cut the soul has a small cut too.

His soul manip essentially acts as regen negation.

Gonna need proof of this, cause first i am hearing guts can negate regen, you should probably create a cr thread as well to iron out what exactly he can do with his soul manipulation, cause it constantly gets brought up in vs matches, it should be clearly defined what it allows him to do on his profile.

>While there are claims that Dragonslayer negates durability, this is not true, nor does it outright negate Regenerationn. Its power is more along the lines of creating wounds that will never fully recover, and even if healed or regenerated, will open up again. This isn't full Regenerationn negation, but can somewhat function as such when it comes to larger, more debilitating injuries.

It's already on his page, it even likens it to durability negation.

Basically any wound that matters that he inflicts won't be getting healed.

Again then that's not a big deal here then, as you said only wounds that matter won't heal, elsa will still be able to heal smaller wounds then.

>she will sacrifice an arm or whatever without hesitation, she doesn't care if she gets injured

It will matter, if what you say is true she'd recklessly sacrifice something without knowing and screw herself because it wont be coming back.

@CP

Nah, it's more of a "the wound doesn't actually heal because it cuts the soul as well". Even if it's a papercut it should work. The anti-healing I mean

Elsa isn't necessarily reckless she will take wounds yes, if it will lead to her harming her opponent, yes she will let her arm get cut off, however she will launch a surprise attack or some trickery or whatever while guts cuts that arm off.

Also the link on his profile only says he can attack ethereal bodies says nothing about negating regen or the limits of the ability. The limits of the ability aren't clearly defined on his profile.

It's more along the lines of because Slan did the same thing to him, he has the same power as her with Dragon Slayer.

Yes and that wound she takes won't heal where as if Guts gets stabbed in the stomach or something the armor will take care of that temporally.

Plus he can always prevent surprise attacks with his cannon or use the recoil to eject himself away. And Guts himself isn't exactly honorable, he's a bit of a dirty fighter, see Rosine. Add the fact Dragon Slayer us capable of being used as a shield too.

Guts has better defenses. Both his armor and sword can stonewall attacks that he himself can't, while Elsa doesn't really have any protective equipment aside from a cape that has one-off no-sell capabilities against magic, which Guts doesn't use. In addition, having spent 2 years straight fighting all-nighters, he's used to persistent opponents and marathon fights. Even if Elsa comes back, he'll still be able to put her back down. Plus, a bit of equipment that's rarely brought up here is the elf dust inside his satchel. He'd be able to use that to freshen up for the next round with Elsa. And of course, if it came down to it, his Berserker Armor would give him an AP boost and keep him together until the fight was over. Guts with mid difficulty

Back