• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Struggler vs The Thunder God - Guts vs Akatsuki

berserk-guts-berserk.gif
akatsuki-akatsuki-blitzkampf.gif

I just finished some revisions for an niche doujin fighting game, so I'm going to make a few matches for it.

Fight takes place 10 meters apart in Aokigahara Forest
End of Golden Age is being used.
Speed Equalized.

"In the end the winner is still the last man standing." (Physically scales to 0.04 Tons, but DS and the Arm Cannon are higher):
"May the blossoming of my country forever bloom! Let evil scatter before me!" (Upscales a little bit from 0.045 tons):
The fight takes lasts until nightfall where Akatsuki passes out from hunger while Guts starts getting chased by the Tidal Wave of Darkness:

Battle Theme

Last edited:
Actually, I'm wondering if theose characters should actually get Paralysis Inducement now. There's nothing in their gameplay or story that I could see that counting as. Hm.

Ok, by the power in vested in me by... not enough people caring enough about ABK to even respond to my previous crt, I'm removing Paralysis Inducement.

Considering the starting range, he starts by firing denkoudans (big balls of electricity) while attempting to get in close quarters, maybe approaching with spin kicks. Alongside basic defensive options, he will also try protecting himself with Reflector, which is effectively a forcefield parry.

Considering the starting range, he starts by firing denkoudans (big balls of electricity) while attempting to get in close quarters, maybe approaching with spin kicks. Alongside basic defensive options, he will also try protecting himself with Reflector, which is effectively a forcefield parry.
Well Guts doesn't resist electricity in this key but he can probably block the denkoudans with Dragon Slayer. His skill and range with Dragon Slayer should allow him to take advantage in CQC. Is their anyway to get around Reflector or is it just a full body forcefield?

It only lasts for like, half a second, and depending on how seriously you take fighting game mechanics, it can really only block a part of his body (a.k.a. mid and overheads are blocked by standing reflector, low attacks get blocked by crouching reflector).

Tl;dr Guts can try to bait Akatsuki into going for it, or simply guess which way Akatsuki is going to parry and do the opposing option.

Granted, Akatsuki could try to block Dragon Slayer normally (probably a bad idea), use Ningen Hakubou to bust through any offense, or just avoid the swings.

Dragon Slayer
Guts with DS scales way above 0.04. He can one-shot mutilate dudes who were kinda bullying him, who scaled to said 0.04, so at least for AP, he probably holds a hefty advantage.
Also has the cannon which can super gore 0.04 tonners.

Guts with DS scales way above 0.04. He can one-shot mutilate dudes who were kinda bullying him, who scaled to said 0.04, so at least for AP, he probably holds a hefty advantage.
Also has the cannon which can super gore 0.04 tonners.
Doesn't that mean his original Nemesis match should get removed for AP stomp?

Guts durability at this point is still 0.04, just DS and cannon go kinda hard.

Ah got it. Well, I still want to point out that Akatsuki already upscales a little bit since that feat was done by Kanae chucking Blitztank, both of which are characters that he's defeated.

Wait shit I just realized there's new mechanics in ABK's sequel like double jumping. Shit, now I have to make another CRT.

Do you all mind if I put this match on hiatus for the moment?

Alright, I finished the ABK revision. Akatsuki now has a discount version of DBFZ's Sparking, which grants him a burst, some healing, and access to a new super..

Healing ain't helpful, I know for a fact that the healing isn't gonna help bisection.

What's the super tho?

It's nothing too fancy, although it does do about 65% of the lifebar on hit and he does recieve afterimage creation as a result (arguably just stylistic flair with no practicality, but eh). Mizuumi Wiki does say that it's one of the better of these install supers for being relatively safe on block, but eh, that's just game mechanics.

As for the healing, you're right, it won't save his limb, but it'll probably help if he gets with a crosbow bolt, assuming Guts has that at this point. It's hard to tell from the profile.

Last edited:
Guts at the end has the DS, an armcannon tbh this shit might be 8-A, but he only gets one use of it, i's actually stated stronger than it is later and iirc that's it?

It legit don't matter here so dont worry about it, being able to move an extra like 3ft higher after jumping aint much.

Anyway way he could avoid the cannon? That thing obliterates dudes on his lv, and Guts uses it when theyre not ready.

I guess his best option outside of dodging is reflector (the force field parry). It already blocks hits from other big dumb attacks like Blitztank's Gjallarhorn
ABK-Tank-HypeBeam.PNG

Nah I'm not talking about AOE, I mean that thing straight up ******* pastes dudes as stronger than Guts.

Ah. Well this is still roughly in the 0.04 ton range considering it just does not not one-shot. There's not any mechanical examples of strikes being powerful enough to beat reflector, so I have no clue where we place the limit.

Ok yeah that's probably one shot.

It seems like the main factors in this fight are Akatsuki's solid CQC and electricity vs Guts' endurance and more lethal options.

Back