• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I feel like ever since hulk vs broly we've passed the curve point of where DBS can beat the pinnacles of comic book characters anymore, broly just managed to lucksack out a win due to the time of the making, there interpretation of Heroes cosmology scaling and to there own admission that Goku Black wouldn't have been able to win even with Heroes feats supports this.

Like if you're telling me that Heroes can't even beat Archie Silver who is definitely weaker than bloody Superman, there's just no way things will be different unless if they suddenly just forget years of there own logic and scaling as well as buff the heck out of Heroes.

Last edited:
I like how literally no one thinks Goku is going to win, you'd think Death Battle would be more self aware by now.
Thats why I'm highly betting they're going to somehow have Goku win - this season was full of bangers but also had plenty of upsets (Raven vs Phoenix, Obito vs Vader being the most obvious) - Raven vs Phoenix especially as a case of 'I have a feeling they're up to something'. Especially with Ben tweeting something like 'oh, and Superman does have limits ;) ' just gives me 'they're making Goku win' vibes. I want to be wrong there

Thats why I'm highly betting they're going to somehow have Goku win - this season was full of bangers but also had plenty of upsets (Raven vs Phoenix, Obito vs Vader being the most obvious) - Raven vs Phoenix especially as a case of 'I have a feeling they're up to something'. Especially with Ben tweeting something like 'oh, and Superman does have limits ;) ' just gives me 'they're making Goku win' vibes. I want to be wrong there
If DB make Goku win then they're frauds :ROFLMAO:

I don’t know if they make Goku win if I feel like it’s gonna be worse because of their research team literally bending backwards just to give Goku a fake W based on their own research. It would actually be worse in my opinion.

Goku ain't winning Ben just trolling and giving folks false hope
Folks had this logic back in 2015 for the rematch and we saw Goku eating shit not once but twice

Walter White vs. Michael Corleone
Midora vs. Blackbeard
Godzilla Ultima vs. Bill Cipher
Raven vs. Magik
Whisper the Wolf vs. Eustace
Nemesis vs. The Magician
The Hero of the Wild vs. The Tarnished One
Eddie the Head vs. Evil Ernie
Rob Lucci vs. Grimmjow
Battle for Dream Island vs. Inanimate Insanity
The Headless Horseman vs. El Charro *****
Ash Crimson vs. Itachi Uchiha
Rorschach vs. Harry Du Bois
The Mane Six vs. The Sailor Scouts
Plants vs. Zombies (Battle Royale)

Anything notable

I wonder if they'll have Superman lobotomise Goku and casually walk through the kamehameha(but with MUI Goku) again as a homage to the predecessor?

Midora VS Blackbeard (Toriko VS One Piece)- Liam likes what he’s read of Toriko and loves Blackbeard as a character (specifically his shtick of getting his ass kicked in every fight, despite always winning).

Godzilla Ultima VS Bill Cipher (Godzilla Singular Point VS Gravity Falls)- Liam is aware of Godzilla Ultima, saying that his existence is part of the reason for Hulk VS Godzilla’s popularity. Sam hates how every franchise feels the need to make the character more and more powerful the longer it goes on (Liam and Erin say Cowboy Bebop is the opposite).

Raven VS Magik (DC VS Marvel)- Liam assumes Raven stomps terribly. Sam reads from the connections that they both have light and dark powerups, to which Liam responds “Shadow the Hedgehog has light and dark powerups”. Liam, only vaguely familiar with Magik overall, wonders if she has any good matchups, before saying Raven might be a good MU for all he knows. John says Magik has probably done some insane stuff.

Whisper the Wolf VS Eustace (IDW Sonic VS Granblue Fantasy)- John says he likes the matchup solely because he likes Whisper. John explains how weirdly dark Whisper’s story is, which everybody else thinks is funny, and leads to Liam saying they should do it. Sam notes they get a lot of requests for IDW Sonic characters, and he’s glad it has an active fandom.

Nemesis VS The Magician (Resident Evil VS House of the Dead)- Liam says he sees this one a lot, noting that it has replaced Nemesis VS Pyramid Head as the most popular Nemesis MU due to how hard it is to make Pyramid Head work in DB. Sam says it’s cool, though he doesn’t think there’s much material to work off of for the Magician.

BOTW Link VS The Tarnished (The Legend of Zelda VS Elden Ring)- Basically everyone has varying degrees of negative opinions on TOTK. This leads into them talking about their personal Game of the Year pics, instead of the actual MU.

Eddie the Head VS Evil Ernie (Iron Maiden VS Chaos! Comics)- Liam finds the idea of using Eddie the Head funny, because “His feats are just appearing on album covers”. Sam responds that he probably has some feats from music videos. None of them know who Evil Ernie is.

Lucci VS Grimmjow (One Piece VS Bleach)- Liam initially says he thinks Lucci wins now, but then says he’s not actually sure. John says it could go either way, depending on how you scale them. After some back and forth about this, everyone agrees it’s a good MU.

Battle for Dream Island VS Inanimate Insanity- They aren’t familiar with the series. After reading the connections, Sam says he gets it, but he thinks it’s super niche.

The Headless Horseman VS El Charro *****- Liam love the Headless Horseman. They’re not sure how to analyze the characters (i.e.: Would you include Sleepy Hollow for the Horseman). Liam likes the idea of folklore MUs, saying they have a different vibe from mythology MUs, which everyone else agrees with.

Ash Crimson VS Itachi Uchiha (The King of Fighters VS Naruto)- No one thinks KOF characters are on the same level as Naruto characters, though Liam says Ash might be insanely powerful for all they know. Liam likes Itachi, and Sam says it seems cool, with the connections being specific enough to keep the analysis interesting.

Rorschach VS Harry Du Bois (Watchmen VS Disco Elysium)- Sam immediately says it’s really cool. Liam suggests that the characters don’t say anything to each other the entire fight, with all the dialogue instead being internal monologues. Sam thinks it’d be a really fun episode to write, but doubts many people would care. Everyone else likes it as well, with Erin saying that she likes that they’re actually at realistic “peak human” levels, and everyone loves Disco Elysium.

The Mane Six VS The Sailor Scouts (My Little Pony VS Sailor Moon)- Everyone thinks the MU makes sense, with Liam and John being surprised they’ve never seen it requested before.

First matchup for the next Ballot Banter is Plants vs. Zombies Battle Royale.

Lucci VS Grimmjow (One Piece VS Bleach)- Liam initially says he thinks Lucci wins now, but then says he’s not actually sure. John says it could go either way, depending on how you scale them. After some back and forth about this, everyone agrees it’s a good MU.
Would be fun and it's debatable and close

Back