• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
dg8mk3y-c9324f5a-2dd8-4a4a-8610-09be509312bb.jpg

3D or Sprites?

Should Megaman, X, Megaman EXE, Megaman Starforce, or Megaman Volnutt get a runback?
Would love to see X and EXE a comeback.
As much as I like the idea of this MU on a fun, base level, I don't really see it going beyond a DBX?

So... I'll dovetail that into a question: what is our most fun/wanted DBX episodes atm that absolutely wouldn't work as a full Death Battle episode?
For me, Kumagawa VS Gremmy. Gremmy isn't really deserving of a ep for Bleach Reps even if he's shown some of the best feats of the series and Kumagawa ain't as popular compared to current anime characters so it could work as a DBX imo. Although Piccolo VS Knuckles would be a close 2nd.

Should Megaman, X, Megaman EXE, Megaman Starforce, or Megaman Volnutt get a runback?

BTW, on the topic of Mega Man (the Mega Men) and my Xeno obsession, I still hold true to the belief that EXE is a better and more fair MU for KOS-MOS than X ever was. Closer stat gap, and the whole 'Maiden of Mary' / 'I was a dead baby brother turned computer program' thing is an... alarmingly substantial relation/thematic tie to have.

Just food for thought.

As much as I like the idea of this MU on a fun, base level, I don't really see it going beyond a DBX?

So... I'll dovetail that into a question: what is our most fun/wanted DBX episodes atm that absolutely wouldn't work as a full Death Battle episode?
In the aftermath of The Last Dragonborn Vs. The Chosen Undead I picked up on Serana Vs. Solaire of Astora in a similar style to Trish VS Jeanne, since Solaire got shafted.

They're both (arguably) the most famous companion and ally of the main combatants with storylines that tie directly back into the sun, but have obvious thematic differences in appearances and abilities.

It's not Death Battle material, but feels like there's animation potential for a 'no research' fight and would be a fun 'this was happening in the background' thing to make up for the fact that they didn't end up using Solaire in the real Death Battle.

**** Death Battle, me and my homies hate Death Battle.

Yuji Itadori vs Denji

The fight progression

The Death Battle Cast

The Brandon Yates commissioned music work

Yuji Itadori vs Denji is going to be made into an episode at Season 11 or 12 or Rooster Teeth is doomed to not making profits.

Last edited:
I respect freedom of speech. Hopefully meanwhile Ant and DS would not catch you for hate speech.
Death Battle and also their fandom wiki can burn to ashes.

I have seen a few people wanting to see Megaman Volnutt vs Reboot Ben Tennyson. Probably because they are the diet version of the original.

I wonder:

If the Tournament of Champions takes the form of a poll with a Borda count method, which matchups will actually come on top

Bad thing: YouTube does not support a poll with a Borda count and I cannot access Death Battle Official Discord somehow
Real question:

Is Borda count actually delivering a more accurate poll results and would Death Battle benefit?

In a ballot of n candidates, the lowest-ranked candidate gets 0 points, the next-lowest gets 1 point, etc., and the highest-ranked candidate gets n − 1 points, where n is the number of candidates. Once all votes have been counted, the option or candidate with the most points is the winner. The Borda count is intended to elect broadly acceptable options or candidates, rather than those preferred by a majority, and so is often described as a consensus-based voting system rather than a majoritarian one. This also helps in capturing preferences upon candidates among voters.

The Wikipedia site quoted some examples how the Borda count poll works on electing the "more broadly accepted" candidate(s).

Customised tie breaker policies can be applied.

I see this system really working in the current Death Battle Tournament of Champions/Champion Poll.

Thank **** ColeAlex & BillDiscord got made.

What other good old MUs should get in asap?
Poll does bring Billcord and Colex into Death Battle - with different levels and aspects of commercial success.

Thank poll indeed.

Okay maybe KratoSura really needs a place with the coming poll if they can win it.

Matchups I can see needing to get to Death Battle asap (I mean shortly within Seasons 11 and 12) rn

Many more (like Mega Man X vs Optimus Primal, Sailor Moon (Manga) vs Madoka Kaname, Composite Ryu vs Composite Goku and ironically Tom Cat vs Wile E. Coyote (Looney Tunes) despite I like it over GruMind) but either they are too classic their popularity will not fade over time, or I cannot recall out from my mind right now.

Galactus vs Unicron has to show up. Whenever Marvel really wants to debut Galactus. Or when Transformers really wants to debut Unicron.

Last edited:
Despite all the votes, DB did their damndest to not have SCP or any army battles on the ballot. That’s how you know we’re never gonna see web serials and an actual fun Bowser VS Eggman on the ballot. It’s actually amazing at how cucked they are when it comes to online savviness.

dg8mk3y-c9324f5a-2dd8-4a4a-8610-09be509312bb.jpg

3D or Sprites?
Imho should be done in stop motion with action figures, would be a very cool new style of animation DB didn't try out yet, plus would be very unique (Also helps that X and Primal have pretty good-lookin figures)

Last edited:
Despite all the votes, DB did their damndest to not have SCP or any army battles on the ballot. That’s how you know we’re never gonna see web serials and an actual fun Bowser VS Eggman on the ballot. It’s actually amazing at how cucked they are when it comes to online savviness.
I will not blame Rooster Teeth for not having SCP Foundation on Death Battle, but I would really question why Bowser vs Dr Eggman is not an episode yet.

And Anne Boonchuy vs Luz Noceda, Eren Yeager vs Ken Kaneki, and a lot more.

And the crew go for Martian Manhunter vs Silver Surfer or Scooby-Doo vs Courage the Cowardly Dog - not saying these matchups are not good, but some matchups just needs to be cooked before they turn stale. They know they suffer from Killua Zoldyck vs Mikoto Misaka and Cole MacGrath vs Alex Mercer for waiting for too long to turn them into episodes.

Ban VS Andy (The Seven Deadly Sins VS Undead Unluck)- Since both characters are immortal, it might be difficult to find a win-con, meaning it would be fun to analyze. Sam says some researchers are fans of SDS.
Ban loses to Ruin (Andy>Ruin), I did a match and it ended up being kinda stompy.
Snatch is pretty useless, not gonna out stamina Andy either

SCP on DB alone is a difficult task given various power level will vary and how would u even tackle it given it doesn't have any Canon footage n shit

Army fights require a shit ton of budget and resources same reasons
I am well aware of that. But it seems just so dishonest of them to have a tournament for request matchups and just go out of their way to ignore some of the most popular ones. The point of ToC winners is that they have a lot of resources put into them but apparently army battles is asking too much.

I am well aware of that. But it seems just so dishonest of them to have a tournament for request matchups and just go out of their way to ignore some of the most popular ones. The point of ToC winners is that they have a lot of resources put into them but apparently army battles is asking too much.
I mean...maybe it is? This is still a web show on a budget. Decisions need to be made.

I mean...maybe it is? This is still a web show on a budget. Decisions need to be made.
pretty much

if DB had to make shortcuts with Alucard millions of familars i can't see them doing an army well without folks bitching about the size of said army

Back