• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG_5224.png
Do GruMind fans hate this matchup losing despite having a really big need to get onto TOC - because the matchup is popular but not classic enough any delay in making it would make Rooster Teeth suffer from a KillSaka Syndrome?

Aang vs Link CAN be very one-sided...

Nah it's over. There's not any more voters out there.
Lost due to WB being stupid and cancelling the film

Shame
Do GruMind fans hate this matchup losing despite having a really big need to get onto TOC - because the matchup is popular but not classic enough any delay in making it would make Rooster Teeth suffer from a KillSaka Syndrome?
Luis’ Scourage Cooking and Zavslav being a ******* ****** summoning 1000 TOMFOOLER-E fans to rob Grumind’s rightful place.
The_Lord_of_the_Rings_%28film_series%29_-_Saruman_using_Palant%C3%ADr.jpg

Aang vs Link CAN be very one-sided...

Man, my arrow boy doesn't deserve this.

You guys think Invincible vs Luke Skywalker is a viable MU? I think it's a whole lot better than Invincible vs Superboy or Gohan, or Saber vs Luke. They have some solid connections and can be argued to be in similar AP and Speed ranges. (Planetary and FTL)

• Both are basically young heroes who eventually grow and surpass their evil fathers, and would go on to create a brighter future for their kind (Viltrumites and Jedi)
  • Both start out with humble beginnings but would slowly start to discover their heritage
  • Both went through a shocking revelation with their evil fathers, and would receive a scar of some form (Mark found out his dad lied to him for years and that he was a mass murderer, and Luke discovered Vader was his dad. Mark would be emotionally scarred from the experience while Luke lost his hand.)
  • This led to an iconic battle between Father and Son that results in Son getting their ass beat and scarred.
  • Both initially start out similar (Young and brash, often seeking thrill of some sort, but with a kind heart and the need to do good), though after years of hardship and tragedy, both would mature and become wiser, as well as become more powerful.
  • Their fathers would eventually come to terms and realize the error in their actions, and turn on their masters in order to protect their sons (Nolan would realize what he had done after beating up Mark, and would go on to betray the Viltrum empire, while Vader would betray Palpatine when Palpatine tries to kill Luke)
  • Both Mark and Luke would go on to fight the emperors of the biggest empire in their verses (Luke kinda got his ass beat by Palpatine but it still counts right?)
  • Both fathers would sacrifice themselves for the greater good
  • After the empires were defeated, both would go on to become leading figures, leading their people into a better age and reforming their respective groups into better people (Mark became emperor and spread peace throughout the universe, abolishing the violent traditions of the old Viltrum empire, while Luke would become grandmaster and reform the Jedi better than before.

I think the episode would carry good views, I mean both are very popular franchises rn so why wouldn't it. I think the main problem might be animation potential. Luke is much haxxier than Mark, who isn't very versatile in terms of abilities. But I think it could work with enough creativity.

Poll does bring Billcord and Colex into Death Battle - with different levels and aspects of commercial success.

Thank poll indeed.

Okay maybe KratoSura really needs a place with the coming poll if they can win it.

Matchups I can see needing to get to Death Battle asap (I mean shortly within Seasons 11 and 12) rn

Many more (like Mega Man X vs Optimus Primal, Sailor Moon (Manga) vs Madoka Kaname, Composite Ryu vs Composite Goku and ironically Tom Cat vs Wile E. Coyote (Looney Tunes) despite I like it over GruMind) but either they are too classic their popularity will not fade over time, or I cannot recall out from my mind right now.

Galactus vs Unicron has to show up. Whenever Marvel really wants to debut Galactus. Or when Transformers really wants to debut Unicron.
Seriously. The list I made needs to happen for Season 11, plus WileTom and KratoSura and Zoomura and some seasonal hits. (Again, if Ash vs Yugi is too costly, we can always have Ash vs Lucy first and use the resources to fuel / improve Ash vs Yugi.)

You guys think Invincible vs Luke Skywalker is a viable MU? I think it's a whole lot better than Invincible vs Superboy or Gohan, or Saber vs Luke. They have some solid connections and can be argued to be in similar AP and Speed ranges. (Planetary and FTL)

I think the episode would carry good views, I mean both are very popular franchises rn so why wouldn't it. I think the main problem might be animation potential. Luke is much haxxier than Mark, who isn't very versatile in terms of abilities. But I think it could work with enough creativity.
Eh not feeling it tbh I get the idea but they just don't really mesh well in terms of abilities and fighting style

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back