• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
She was weaker so it wasn’t a super viable win con
I dunno how much of a difference there needs to be for it to not do any damage but Gojo was only 2 times stronger, Makima's bang is able to obliterate Power, by all accounts Makima should still be within the striking distance to hurt Gojo.

TOC gets no hype man

Only 2.5k bozos are voting in these things its so sad
It's due to various factors
Lineup
Lack of proper marketing
restricted to the community and not accessible to casuals
No diss to the Death Battle team, I'm sure they're very pleasant people IRL, but I've noticed that people affiliated with or are a part of Rooster Teeth tend to suffer from severe cognitive dissonance and their way of thinking is worlds apart from everyone else who can think what is more logical or less cringe. Though tbf to Death Battle, I think it's less of their doing and more so to do with some out of touch higher up from RT
I do feel at times there's something not clicking in terms of marketing and such over there.

These shorts should be used to hype up future episodes, various mu and other ideas folks here can suggest

scooby_doo_vs_courage_the_cowardly_dog_v2_by_scissor29_dgdf3gr-pre.jpg

Makima much faster
She's not that much faster at all, only by 1.7x. And considering Gojo is superior to Hakari, the guy who scales to Mach 284.4, the gap in speed isn't really all that great.

has future sight via the future devil
I mean, going by how the future devil works, it's seems pretty unrealistic she could just pause and have the future devil tell her the future in the middle of the fight. And from what I can tell, she's never used the future devil mid battle so it'd be pretty ooc for her to do so.

Gojo was only 2 times stronger
Gojo completely stomped the guy who was 2 times stronger than Makima, and has a pretty big scaling chain above him anyway. Gojo definitely wrecks Makima physically.

You looking at him for a Mark MU, not sure it’s much better than Gohan cause he can arguably stomp him too. He arguably stomps worse since some say he beat Simon the Digger
Yeah, G1 Rodimus alone completely destroys Mark. Much faster and stronger. And compositing both makes it and even worse stomp for Mark.

Gojo completely stomped the guy who was 2 times stronger than Makima, and has a pretty big scaling chain above him anyway. Gojo definitely wrecks Makima physically.
I was under the impression that they both massively upscaled from feats performenced by weaker characters but the feat Gojo upscales from was a bigger number that gave him the edge, I wasn't under any impression DB made it stomp moreso they were trying to make stats as much of the least important factor as possible.

What it came down to was there abilities, makima's broken immortality and hax. Essentially Dio vs Alucard but with better stats.

Does he tho?
I mean via DB standards, yeah, they scale Omni-Man to Moon level and Rodimus, who is comparable to Galvatron, who's comparable if not above Megatron, scales to Large Planet level. And as for the Viltrum feats? Calcs I've seen have it range from High 6-A to 5-B. The feat is made worse when they needed to outside help to destabilize the planet core or something iirc.

And as for speed, they actually low balled Starscream's speed, as Cybertron is actually outside our galaxy, putting at around Billions x FTL rather just 100k

Also about Bang damaging Gojo, I'm pretty sure that's just "It's like this for animation purposes" and not fully accurate, as going by the stats, Bang shouldn't even harm Gojo since Gojo is physically superior.
Meh I don't like to go with the idea that he just stat stomped, it makes the whole analysis and going over there abilities borderline meaningless. An I mean Makima gave Gojo a hell of a fight in both of the G1 blogs and there's plenty of people who think Makima wins, not saying who's right or wrong but this fight is very interpretable based.

Stat equalized battles are much more interesting with characters like these.

Meh I don't like to go with the idea that he just stat stomped, it makes the whole analysis and going over there abilities borderline meaningless. An I mean Makima gave Gojo a hell of a fight in both of the G1 blogs and there's plenty of people who think Makima wins, not saying who's right or wrong but this fight is very interpretable based.

Stat equalized battles are much more interesting with characters like these.
This fight more came down to their hax rather than their stats. Gojo only truly won via hax, as DB even states that his superior AP alone wasn't enough to get him the win.

Also about Bang damaging Gojo, I'm pretty sure that's just "It's like this for animation purposes" and not fully accurate, as going by the stats, Bang shouldn't even harm Gojo since Gojo is physically superior.
Going based off of the one-shot page one needs to be 7.5x stronger in order to one shot, going based of(lowballing for the sake) the numbers DB provided in the episode and how in JJK ones AP = Durability afaik Gojo wouldn't be durable enough to no-sell Makima's bangs, all she needs is a clean head shot to be fatal.

Going based off of the one-shot page one needs to be 7.5x stronger in order to one shot, going based of(lowballing for the sake) the numbers DB provided in the episode and how in JJK ones AP = Durability afaik Gojo wouldn't be durable enough to no-sell Makima's bangs, all she needs is a clean head shot to be fatal.
The 7.5x thing is kind of just an abritary number the wiki made up to ensure VS matches don't become stomps. Because DB considered Ultra Ego Vegeta to be close to Base Thor in strength despite a 13x gap. So it's clear they follow a different logic

Not to mention, Gojo was completely toying with Jogo, and even tore off his head casually. Not to mention Gojo can fight a far stronger Sukuna, while a far weaker Sukuna was completely toying with Jogo.

Please, I just want Invincible VS Sam Nova. I know Nova has the Blue Beetle but I wanna spare Mark from the DBZ slaughterhouse.
Copy n paste from Reddit
Thats a bit of a problem with this matchup. If you make Gohan seem to need to cycle through like 4 forms plus rage boosts plus charged attacks just to compete with Mark who has no transformations or charged attacks you will have everyone pissed off that they made Gohan look so weak and Mark seem Gohan Beast level, but then if you make Gohan win in base form the matchup is just boring and makes you wonder why even put Gohan vs Mark in the first place.

I ignored GojoMakima debate, but if what DB said is fine, that the Void traps for infinity and Gojo is immune to its effects, means Makima is easily trapped there and her uno-reverse Contract wouldnt actually work on Gojo if it hit him due to immunity.

It feels weirdly simple. Hell, could she be BFR'd there too?

Only thing is that if conceptual manipulation exists in CSM, then maaaybe Makima surviving from total erasure can be a thing, but at the same time that could be too much benefit of doubt if CSM itself is only one with that power which Makima admitted is better than her. Also surviving that would still use the limited lives and the Void still basically does her in anyways.

Similar to Omnilander, way more success when you strike when the iron is hot.

Makes me think we'll actually get Gohan vs Invincible when Season 2 drops.
I hate to say it, but that's where the money is. Invincible has that new-season smell, and Dragon Ball is always a hit. I won't even lie, I bet Death Battle could make the animation interesting too. I'll pray it doesn't happen though, for @Tipper17's sake.

I was under the impression that they both massively upscaled from feats performenced by weaker characters but the feat Gojo upscales from was a bigger number that gave him the edge, I wasn't under any impression DB made it stomp moreso they were trying to make stats as much of the least important factor as possible.

What it came down to was there abilities, makima's broken immortality and hax. Essentially Dio vs Alucard but with better stats.
Huh.

Now that you mentioned it, Gojokima does feel like a sucessor to Diocard in the best way possible

I hate to say it, but that's where the money is. Invincible has that new-season smell, and Dragon Ball is always a hit. I won't even lie, I bet Death Battle could make the animation interesting too. I'll pray it doesn't happen though, for @Tipper17's sake.
I have to witness Gohan sandbagging for 2 min before stomping by the end gonna be weak I tell ya 🗿

Back