• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You know, this might be a potentially stupid idea given what it's trying to suggest, but I had this idea swimming in my head which could give people a pretty reason to want a DB membership outside of being able to submit MUs in ballots.

So here's my idea: If DB was thinking of ways to entice their audience to pay money for a membership to their channel, what if they allowed the audience to assist in determining who wins a battle by having people with a certain tiered membership send in feats, statements, scaling, or whatever to the research team at DB and have them evaluate what comes in to see if it's viable or changes anything? I understand that such a concept would need a lot of work, and I guess it would take away from the research team does, but honestly if they're going to get rid of early releases then I think they need other methods of maintaining subscriptions so.....yeah.
It'd be hard not to have some people spamming the same feat over and over again. Plus you're essentially paying to do their jobs their jobs for them. I do like the idea of having more audience involvement with battles though.

At first I thought you were going to suggest the audience somehow literally helping combatants win, and I thought you were talking about some weird item drop system.

To think folks complain about the MU happening 🗿
And it has the strongest performance of this season and its just after Freizatron strong performance
Gojo VS Makima (Jujutsu Kaisen VS Chainsaw Man) | DEATH BATTLE!
DEATH BATTLE!
565,872 views 7 hours ago

There is no time to mourn for or rejoice over Makima's death, the next persons who come to the battlefield are Scooby-Doo and Courage the Cowardly Dog.

Never mind. Mourn or rejoice.

According to my tracking GojoKima has surpassed FriezaTron in click count and click growth. Remember, GojoKima is in sprites and FriezaTron is in 3D.

... Is Scooby-Courage in sprites or even in hand drawn? While we all know Scooby-Doo is not built for this we can see how much wacky stuffs can be inserted (basically SpongeAqua moment). But do not expect it to be big in click counts. In fact, we can see how much is the effect of no RT First privilege policy goes for a matchup with stompy/clear cut verdicts (compared with "more debatable matchups" like BillCord, ColEx, FriezaTron and GojoKima).

Last edited:
Eh don't think said idea is good given how folks will be in terms of handling feats given they could omit shit and such

It'd be hard not to have some people spamming the same feat over and over again. Plus you're essentially paying to do their jobs their jobs for them. I do like the idea of having more audience involvement with battles though.

At first I thought you were going to suggest the audience somehow literally helping combatants win, and I thought you were talking about some weird item drop system.
Yeah I suppose those are fair points, especially the part of basically paying to do their jobs, but I guess if there's not going to be any early releases then I think DB could try experimenting with more audience involvement. Though maybe there are other ways of doing just that, but I can't really think of any at the moment so it's probably just a bust.

Though Hunter, your comment at the end made me imagine a Death Battle spin off where they have past DB contestants compete with a Mario Party like board game with actual death traps and stuff...it'd actually be pretty cool to see

Rilo only despises against Fire Emblem, Hunter X Hunter and "A Certain" series AFAIK.
He is waxed on this, man, waxed.
Doesn't stop him being such of clown
Like this implies Hunter X Hunter and "A Certain" series are not popular anime nor popular western characters - at least in eyes of US citizens.
HxH is popular. Not as big as the other Shonen, but its up there.

"A Certain" is obscure as hell.

Plus, no one asked for Killua vs Misaka. I don't honestly think people cared for who would beat who. Hell, the subreddit called it a filler episode.
I already bring this kind of debate about ToAru back in previous page of you guys want to check out:

Another thing i want to add as well, peoples only care for ToAru with sole reason: Accelerator, basically a battle boarding magnet and source of bs prowness thank to his vector, without caring the series at all whether it's the character and story
Doesn't help that Accelerator is kinda fell off nowadays

Ya right on that I think DB should find more ways to get involved with the audience more
Which is why they have Ballot Banter and Tournament of Champions and (has it for a decade) matchup suggestion form.

ToAru with sole reason: Accelerator, basically a battle boarding magnet and source of bs prowness thank to his vector, without caring the series at all whether it's the character and story
Doesn't help that Accelerator is kinda fell off nowadays
Absolute, 100% facts.

In fact, I first heard the character Accelerator like 12 years ago on the vs board on Comicvine. And the thread was essentially everyone asking what can Accelerator do and what series he was on.

Same vein as Kumagawa

Which is why they have Ballot Banter and Tournament of Champions and (has it for a decade) matchup suggestion form.
I mean those are all nice and all but, like, why not try interacting with the audience in a way that directly involves Death Battle? And, yes, I know about that tournament where if an MU wins it then it'll appear in the upcoming Season 11 but even there it's still indirect involvement so I think DB could try doing something much direct

F9JAn9FagAEptbY
THE CROWN BELONGS TO THE KING 👑

because this got burried figured I'd answer

The thread is not that good.

Firstly it seems to miss the logic of
BOTH upscale leagues above the two feats mentioned but Gojo's feat was bigger. While they could have made it MORE clear that is functionally the logic.
makima is massivly above 400 Kilotons
Gojo is massivly above 800. But Gojo's still edging out in terms of power.

Secondly: Quanxi's base speed is nowhere near that of gun devils. It's Mach 6, and even that's controversial right now with the current FTE speed argument going on.
So yes Gun devil's speed of mach 350-620+ Outscales Quanxi no matter how much of a low end you use. And you absolutely can not scale Quanxi as faster then gun devil as nothing backs that up. Quanxi's devil form was blitzed by Chainsaw devil, and wasn't even able to outspeed the weaker Ponchita chainsaw man who could trade blows with Makima being similar in speed. There for at MOST you can Argue DEVIL FORM Quanxi could scale to it. But not the base form Makima blitzed.

Thirdly: Gojo's teleportation and ability to see massive area with Six eyes can just negate her ability to teleport away. And precognition while helpful is only provably a few seconds in the future. so it's not THAT useful vs someone like Gojo. Especially when they mention the possibility of FTL JJK.

EDIT: also Falling devil's ability is pure hax and range. Not AP like the thread is suggesting.
Lmao I'm reading through it and OP really thinks that Makima is planet level lmaoaoaoo

F9JlU8sWwAATldQ

Skill issue tbh
One cinema room of audience = ~ 160 persons
Minus at least 4 Death Battle combatants who should survive and should be "sorcerer" grade or above.

We still have ~ 856 innocent people turned into zombies and killed by Gojo, killed by Gojo and Makima in crossfire, or sacrificed as Makima healed by contracted damage transfer.

Surprisingly low (?) in collateral damage and sacrifices in a fight(?).

I thought it would be gone by now
They are actually clothed in lingeries.

It is actually too debatable for this meme pic to apply. Or make a Gojo "sure to win" to make it that parallel version.

Meanwhile do we have other versions? Like Frieza vs America G1 Megatron or Frieza vs Japan G1 Megatron or Cole MacGrath vs Alex Mercer, Killua Zoldyck vs Mikoto Misaka or others?

Last edited:
I wanna see Cosmic Garou...

Or Saitama in a proper matchup since not only he got put against someone who giga stomped him but also it made 0 thematic sense other than the horrendously wrong perception that he is a gag/toon force character

RandomGuy is bored.

Give me any of y'all a list of your dream DB MUs that you want to see.
  • Majin Buu vs The Collector
  • Toph vs Terra
  • Gorr the God Butcher vs Zamasu
  • Gwenpool vs Superboy-Prime
And a Saitama runback with whoever since he got new stuff inb4 they feed him to a Comic Book Herald or another Cartoon God

Also a Ben 10 runback tbh

• Majin Buu vs The Collector
  • Toph vs Terra
  • Gorr the God Butcher vs Zamasu
  • Gwenpool vs Superboy-Prime
And a Saitama runback with whoever since he got new stuff inb4 they feed him to a Comic Book Herald or another Cartoon God

Also a Ben 10 runback tbh
Who you thinking is most likely for Ben and Saitama?

The episode is now at 930k views in 16 hours, it’s 100% getting 1 mil at the end of the day
946k currently
I wanna see Cosmic Garou...

Or Saitama in a proper matchup since not only he got put against someone who giga stomped him but also it made 0 thematic sense other than the horrendously wrong perception that he is a gag/toon force character
Garou vs Cell is a thing getting pushed

As for Saitama eh can't really see him coming back until Opm over

Who you thinking is most likely for Ben and Saitama?
For Ben idk I don't see him coming back unless it's a MU he fully wins to avoid another shit show

And like I said Saitama doesn't have any good for a Runback

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back