• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
YOU'RE NOT THE ONLY ONE WHO'S GETTING 2HU INTO DB... (My MU will fuсking lose)
image.png
images

How hard is it to play ToeHoe?
It is arcade hard.

Most Touhou use a system where you have several lives and if you lose them all you start from the very beginning. You can die at the final boss and start at the beginning.

There are no levels or checkpoints.

Even on easy mode it can be a bit challenging to complete in one attempt.

There are a few games that have more traditional methods of checkpoints that let you restart from a certain point rather than from the very beginning. Like Touhou 15 or Touhou 19.
Those are the two I suggest the most for newbie players that aren't accustomed to the lack of checkpoints. Though I suggest playing Touhou 19 over Touhou 15 because Touhou 15 is a game where newbies could die 200+ times to characters that aren't even the final bosses. Touhou 19 is more accessible.

Though if you think you're manly enough to handle dying to the final boss and having to restart the whole game from the very beginning, then I suggest you start with Touhou 7 and Touhou 13. People have told me those are the easiest ones to 1CC.

Though you can also play Touhou 17.5 which is a metroidvania(?) platformer boss rush type of game (Which has spawnpoints with infinite retries for each boss so you don't have to worry about dying to the final boss and restarting from the very beginning).

Or you can also play the fighting games.

I am not encouraging anything but I heard rumors that you can do certain things to play paid Touhou games for free through illegitimate means. You could try them for free before you can decide to buy them. You didn't heard that from me though.

It is arcade hard.

Most Touhou use a system where you have several lives and if you lose them all you start from the very beginning. You can die at the final boss and start at the beginning.

There are no levels or checkpoints.

Even on easy mode it can be a bit challenging to complete in one attempt.

There are a few games that have more traditional methods of checkpoints that let you restart from a certain point rather than from the very beginning. Like Touhou 15 or Touhou 19.
Those are the two I suggest the most for newbie players that aren't accustomed to the lack of checkpoints. Though I suggest playing Touhou 19 over Touhou 15 because Touhou 15 is a game where newbies could die 200+ times to characters that aren't even the final bosses. Touhou 19 is more accessible.

Though if you think you're manly enough to handle dying to the final boss and having to restart the whole game from the very beginning, then I suggest you start with Touhou 7 and Touhou 13. People have told me those are the easiest ones to 1CC.

Though you can also play Touhou 17.5 which is a metroidvania(?) platformer boss rush type of game (Which has spawnpoints with infinite retries for each boss so you don't have to worry about dying to the final boss and restarting from the very beginning).

Or you can also play the fighting games.

I am not encouraging anything but I heard rumors that you can do certain things to play paid Touhou games for free through illegitimate means. You could try them for free before you can decide to buy them. You didn't heard that from me though.
Touhou 19? How many Touhou games are there?

Touhou 19? How many Touhou games are there?
Woo boy. 19 regularly numbered games.

Then there's all the interquels with decimal numbers, like 15.5. Those are either even harder bullet hells, fighting games, or the weird platforming beat-em-up-esque entry that was 17.5

There's that many games... and then there's the guidebooks, novels, mangas, and CD releases with written stories in them, as well!

32 games in total with a lot of material even outside of all that.

Woo boy. 19 regularly numbered games.

Then there's all the interquels with decimal numbers, like 15.5. Those are either even harder bullet hells, fighting games, or the weird platforming beat-em-up-esque entry that was 17.5

There's that many games... and then there's the guidebooks, novels, mangas, and CD releases with written stories in them, as well!

32 games in total with a lot of material even outside of all that.
I’d **** with Touhou more if there were a lot more prominent male characters. C’mon ZUN, dial back the lolis and give me some dudes.

It should've been done with Ultra Instinct's introduction tbh

Back