• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
image0.jpg

opening the below link before the YouTube video goes public may actually violate terms of Rooster Teeth and Death Battle

Statistics time:

Marvel now has tied with DC with same number of wins, 22 wins in DB overall. (tho they still have 22 losses while DC has 16 losses)

Marvel's 4th win streak has been risen to 4 wins, Thor Magneto, Apocalypse & Ant. This is the 4th best win streak in DB.

Meanwhile DC's 4th loss streak has risen to 3 losses, Black Adam, SF Aquaman & Atom.

And now, Marvel leads MvsDC with 14-13.

I enjoyed it, I actually like the running around and talking and the constant size changes. The climax is great, tho too-one sided towards the end. 8/10. it also helps that the fight doesn't feel short

Well, it's the clickbait SKYRIM VS DARKSOULS titled episode. I never played either game so I have no investment on this. I hope it delivers to its fans.

Blogs

Next time media

Hmm yeah setup wasnt quite what I expected. I kinda expected a calm debate turning wrong, but Atom broke into Hank's lab? ehh

The ep itself, it alright. While the kill was great, I dunno, it didnt feel quite impactful or really clever. 7 I guess.

Prepare for some questionable fight setups this season

okay so for clarification, the context of this is that
the fight starts with Atom breaking into Ant-Man's lab and Hank obviously not taking kindly to that, and people were like "hrrrmmm I dunno, would Hank REALLY fight someone over just breaking in" and "he could have just knocked him out instead of kill him", completely ignoring the fact that this is a Death Battle and the entire point is that they have to fight to the death. The setups are an enjoyable little thing to facilitate that, but they're usually kept brief so that we can devote more time to the characters actually fighting, which is what everyone is actually here for.

It's really pretty silly that people get so caught up on everything getting perfect, lengthy justifications when like, a lot of these characters just wouldn't fight to begin with, and that weird overthinking is what I was commenting on. There are some silly fight setups in the future that people will probably complain about, but that's more a comment on those people being weirdchamp than anything else. Just don't take it so seriously, they gotta fight and they gotta kill each other, sometimes they'll do it for goofy little reasons and that's fine. And in this case it really wasn't a bad reason anyway lol, at least relatively speaking.

the fight starts with Atom breaking into Ant-Man's lab and Hank obviously not taking kindly to that, and people were like "hrrrmmm I dunno, would Hank REALLY fight someone over just breaking in" and "he could have just knocked him out instead of kill him", completely ignoring the fact that this is a Death Battle and the entire point is that they have to fight to the death. The setups are an enjoyable little thing to facilitate that, but they're usually kept brief so that we can devote more time to the characters actually fighting, which is what everyone is actually here for.

It's really pretty silly that people get so caught up on everything getting perfect, lengthy justifications when like, a lot of these characters just wouldn't fight to begin with, and that weird overthinking is what I was commenting on. There are some silly fight setups in the future that people will probably complain about, but that's more a comment on those people being weirdchamp than anything else. Just don't take it so seriously, they gotta fight and they gotta kill each other, sometimes they'll do it for goofy little reasons and that's fine. And in this case it really wasn't a bad reason anyway lol, at least relatively speaking.
Hey, it makes more sense than two edgy anime rivals fighting over a plush toy...

The editing and transitions are a little faster than I would like it to be. The black boxes only last a few seconds too, so it's hard to read what it's saying before it cuts away.

Prepare for some questionable fight setups this season

Okay we know the fight starts with Atom breaking into Ant-Man's lab and Hank obviously not taking kindly to that. And yes we know this is Death Battle and fans are for the fight, but this is even more rushed than before.

The question is like the setup seems really rushed this time. Almost as rushed and subtle as - arguably more subtle than Miles Morales vs Static. Like people need to watch the whole fight and actually popped out the idea and "oh Ray is breaking into Hank's lab".
When we looked back, their past animations may have 5-20 seconds to set up the fight. (Oh we definitely need those in James Bond vs John Wick.) Oh we had Optimus Prime vs RX-78-2 Gundam back then and Amuro Ray also broke into the ship of OP. The fight proceeded smoothly and fans are not complaining about the fight being too short or have difficulties in understanding why the fight started.

Like a few seconds of animation can be used to way better set up this and this time specifically the scriptwriter decided to skip that.
Hey, it makes more sense than two edgy anime rivals fighting over a plush toy...
Problem is on the scriptwriter and animators: like you notice something is not okay when the video where "two edgy anime rivals fighting over a plush toy" has a smoother opening / explanation than this one. This time... The fight setup goes really subtle.
The editing and transitions are a little faster than I would like it to be. The black boxes only last a few seconds too, so it's hard to read what it's saying before it cuts away.
Usually 1-2s is really minimal for causal audience, longer is needed for bigger black boxes with mucho texto.

Last edited:
The crew said that the days of 1 min long set-ups with 3+min long animations are over and will never come back.
DJTiki said that. I responded.

Blogs

Got it.

Next time media

Disappointed there is no "curved swords" or "arrow in the knee" meme.

Back