• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
This MU has really grew on me recently and I decided to make a TN for it, probably my fave for both
4p6hcshdz01b1.png

Sol Badguy vs Vincent Valentile (Guilty Gear vs Final Fantasy VII)
Core theme:
Anti-heroes who were involved in the projects that involved creating the most powerful human and fell in love with women who were also involved in the project, being used as test subjects. They both wanted to stop this but instead they were transformed into something inhuman, now they seek revenge on the people that experimented on their loved ones and turned them into monsters.

Connections: Both are badass red and black clad anti-heroes who originate from 90's PS1 games. Before becoming who they are, they were involved in scientific projects that aimed to create the ultimate human being (Gear project, which aimed to advance the evolution and strenghten the human race and the Jenova Project, which was aimed to create a human hybrid with the DNA of Jenova). During said projects, they both fell in love with female scientists (Aria Hale and Lucretia Crescent). Unfortunately for them, their loved ones were put under horrific experiments, being willingly used as test subjects in the aforementioned projects, during which they felt... Pretty awful to say the least (Aria basically died and was later transformed into a gear called Justice, while Lucretia just really experienced alot of pain). They both obviously wanted to stop this but sadly, they really couldn't do that much for them. After all of that, they soon would be transformed into something inhuman (Vincent being experimented on and getting the ability to transform into various monsters and Sol being restructured into a gear) by the main scientists who were behind the projects and who also experimented on their loved ones (Asuka R. Kreutz and Professor Hojo). After many years later, they would both seek revenge against the scientists that turned them into monsters and experimented on the women they loved, and would also face a new threat in the face of the misanthropic main antagonists that are the results of the projects and had ties to their loved ones as well (Justice, who was basically Aria that was transformed in to a gear and Sephiroth, who was Lucretia's son). They both have a massive sense of guilt over what happened and usually blame themselves for working on the projects. They are both quite tragic characters, marked by the loneliness that surrounds them and their disdain for the monster they have become. Both are anti-social and accustomed to wandering the world alone. Most of the time, they're both seen as dark and cold by the people, even though they still care alot about other people and are overall good. They both have forms, which makes them very powerful, however said forms are also very uncontrollable (Dragon Install and the Chaos form), to control these forms, they fight against the primal pulse of their genetic transformation (Sol using his headband to suppress the advance of his Gear Cells and Vincent using protomateria to control Chaos).
i say its fine really didn't an essay just get to the nitty gritty
Neat but still prefer Vash
same

Where does Legends fall scaling wise? Our profile for him is currently planet level which, while enough to dunk on most Links, doesn't hold a candle to thanks to tears of the kingdom (And even without that, fierce deity Link is star level so lol). He's also FTL but doesn't seem to be that much faster than light so Link with some amps like his flurry rush could close the speed gap.

Maybe? Demise has a potential star level feat that, if legit, wouldn't be something Ganondorf could reliably scale to. If not legit then this new Ganondorf is so much stronger than Demise it's not even funny. Hell most forms of Ganondorf are way stronger than Demise if that star level feat isn't something you buy into.

So it looks like a bunch of Respect Threads (and possibly profile pages) are gonna needed some major revision if they used gfycat for scans because gfycat is dead. I noticed it when I checked Zagreus's RT and saw that like 90% of the scans on that page are completely dead.

That really sucks because I was really hoping to use that RT as a template for how to make an RT for another character who also has very few cutscenes in their game.

Where does Legends fall scaling wise? Our profile for him is currently planet level which, while enough to dunk on most Links, doesn't hold a candle to thanks to tears of the kingdom (And even without that, fierce deity Link is star level so lol). He's also FTL but doesn't seem to be that much faster than light so Link with some amps like his flurry rush could close the speed gap.
I think legends may get Large Planet

Back