• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Someone needs to remove that horseshit lost he got from Sam. It has Weekly wank written all over it, Sam never beat the top ranking MMA fighter with skill; she just got on his back and started wailing on him. No skill feats lmao
It's not going to be me! Cause I can't be bothered. Even then, I don't see how supposedly beating a top ranked MMA fighter translates to having more skill than someone who legitimately beat top grade boxers. Cause the two sports involve fighting, but I'd assume the two have very different rulesets.

shocked-football.gif

It's not going to be me! Cause I can't be bothered. Even then, I don't see how supposedly beating a top ranked MMA fighter translates to having more skill than someone who legitimately beat top grade boxers. Cause the two sports involve fighting, but I'd assume the two have very different rulesets.
Not even bro. She didn’t even beat him by using any striking or grappling, she literally just overpowered him when he was caught off guard. She has ZERO skill feats.

As someone who has been playing through the all the Greek Saga games, has played through 2018, and is quite a ways into Ragnarok? I have to respectfully disagree with David here to Kratos' character development in the Norse games, and I might as well put my opinion on Kratos now a days in the spoiler tab to not clog things up:

One of the things that I have found very fascinating about Kratos in the older games is, when you get to the nitty gritty of the narrative and what we are shown from the characters, how much remorse and self loathing reeks from him from everything he's had to do in his life. See beyond the godlike feats and ferocity that Kratos demonstrates through the games, he's ultimately the personification of the tragic Greek hero found in Greek Mythology: Guy's unable to protect his brother as children, went through the hellish training that Spartan children were expected to endure and was treated less like a human and more like a war machine, was forced into giving his servitude to Ares in order to save Sparta from Barbarians, was tasked with slaughtering countless innocents in Ares' name and is tricked into murdering his own wife and child and having to bear their ashes permanently as a reminder of his actions, was tortured by the Furies and had to regretfully Orkos in order to free his bond from Ares, had to let go of Calliope in Elysium in order into save all of creation from annihilation, and even when he's able to kill Ares and get his revenge he's still forced to bear the memory of murdering his family and attempts suicide as a way of escaping....and all of this was in the first THREE games chronologically speaking while not even bringing up the times he lost both his mother and brother in Ghost of Sparta, and of course everything in God of War 2 and 3 where he has fallen so deep into rage and revenge that the notion of Greece being destroyed means nothing to him if the ones who wronged him are dead at his feet.

All of this doesn't depict a force of nature at work or some badass who murders entire pantheons through sheer rage, but the epitome of staring into the abyss and it staring right back at you. Yet in spite of all of this, it's truly amazing that Santa Monica Studios understands that Kratos wasn't just a mindless beast hellbent on destruction and showed a number of sympathetic and human attributes even at his absolute worst in 3...it's why I appreciate that 2018 and Ragnarok enabled Kratos to find redemption and forgiveness through the friends and family that genuinely love him for who he is as a person, and why I'm delightful that Valhalla set the record straight to the audience that Kratos isn't some mindless monster that isn't capable of remorse for his sins and wanting to become better for the sake of himself and those who give him a reason to keep living in spite of his absurdly cruel past.

So overall, while I understand David's frustration over changing preestablished characters, I cannot disagree with that more when it comes to Kratos because the development he's been able to go through in the last few games has transformed him from a monster into one of my favorite characters in fiction itself.

Last edited:
If i am to look at this from a simpler way, he is mad his character was taken and changed from in a way he wouldnt have went with

Which i guess could apply with anybody who creates their own character and then gets taken away and changed from how you used to have them as before

Some thought I had just now, what about Akko?
Is she from Little Witch Academia? I bet that'd work too, though I don't know what the connections are other than witch.

With Tohsaka, the only real connection is that Wizards of Waverly Place and Fate have the same magic system, where only one member of the family gets to carry on the magic bloodline, and Alex and Tohsaka are inheritors.

If i am to look at this from a simpler way, he is mad his character was taken and changed from in a way he wouldnt have went with

Which i guess could apply with anybody who creates their own character and then gets taken away and changed from how you used to have them as before
That's something I can understand and be sympathetic about to be fair, we've seen from shit like Disney's Star Wars and the like that characters can be changed for the worst for the sake of doing something new story wise or adding in some sort of message or whatever. But here's my take on modern Kratos: I think that God of War Valhalla did a really good job at showing me that Santa Monica Studios doesn't hate the old Kratos, they love the old Kratos and go out of their way to smack it in our heads that the character's always been more complex and nuanced then what public reception leads you to believe. The difference is that, rather then continuing the trend of having Kratos slaying pantheons of gods, they want to instead redeem him and create a narrative where we get to see that he acknowledges and accepts his awful past yet improves himself for the sake of his friends, family, and those who revere and love him for who he is.

So David's concerns are very legitimate and I don't think he's bitter or jealous about what SMS is doing, but I feel like it's nice that Kratos does get to redeem himself and be able to not be the monster who he loathes and regrets being.

It's a shame that Simon vs Kyle and Anti Spiral vs Anti Monitor is yet ANOTHER series of MUs where DC stomps their opponents because I think DB can do some crazy shit animation wise for both MUs.

Goku vs Superman 3 all but solidified the belief that, if the character in question is anywhere remotely Herald in tier, then the DC/Marvel character will win....Superman was put at Outerversal, and Kyle and Anti Monitor are much stronger then Clark so it's futile

Back