• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
alaxq5g2.inoauqcqelu.h0z1w51zv15.dl1.jpg

I confess I do not know all of them, but which one or few would you want as a mentor the most?
Don't know the 2 at the top left. But i will choose Urahara as my mentor.

Some of the teased titles for Therewolf Media Fan Commissioned Music Works Round 5

And yes I commissioned 1 of them.

Collating the list of the teased works
Iron Maiden (Penny Polendina vs Alisa Bosconovitch)
Vengeful Voyage (Chihiro Rokuhira vs Frieren)
Starry Night
Kombat is Eternal (Raiden vs Raiden Ei)
Continuing the Legacy
Ghost's Revolution
Sinners and Saints
Melancholic
Condemning Masterminds (Junko Enoshima vs Catherine Ward?)
Blasting Off Again

From the Therewolf Round 3 experience, I am sure a few more are off the teased list of Round 5 and the matchups shown are not in chronological release order.
Iron Maiden (Penny Polendina (RWBY) vs Alisa Bosconovitch (Tekken))
Vengeful Voyage (Chihiro Rokuhira (Kagurabachi) vs Frieren (Frieren: Beyond Journey's End))
Starry Night (Annie of the Star (Skullgirls) vs Linne (Under Night In-Birth))
Kombat is Eternal (Raiden (Mortal Kombat) vs Raiden Ei (Genshin Impact))
Continuing the Legacy (Portgas D. Ace (One Piece) vs Kamina (Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann) (!?))
Ghost's Revolution (Neo (The Matrix series) vs Motoko Kusanagi (GITC) (?))
Sinners and Saints (Something Walking Dead or GTA vs Saints Row?)
Meloncholic (Melony (SMG4) vs Leafa (SAO) or Rena (Elsword) or... some candy mascot (?))
Condemning Masterminds (Junko Enoshima (Danganronpa) vs Catherine Ward (Satsuriku no Tenshi))
Blasting Off Again (Team Rocket (Pokémon) vs Pilaf Gang (Dragon Ball) (?))

Last edited:
MK used to be bigger than SF but MK1 seems to have fumbled bad. Unfortunate.
Oh it's still bigger than SF, in terms of sales and general recognizability MK trounces SF (And most fighting games series) but in terms of dedicated playerbase it tends to fall off way more heavily than SF does.

Best way I've heard someone put it, people buy Mortal Kombat but people play Street Fighter.

As far as David Jaffe goes, he was only Game Director on GoW1 and Creative Director of GoW2, so it seems he didnt work on most of Greek games, that helped to make Kratos into a character. Its likely Kratos was intended to be a monster character.

While I prefer that Kratos actually got sort of redemption, I do wonder how would permanently aggressive monster character be received. That kind of archetype seems to not be a thing as much for playable characters. A person who does selfish things and does not care for others. Imagine if Kratos remained as such, he would immediately try to "ODIIIIIN" after Baldur attacks him, And then next Myth Saga he would go into another killing spree once next God does him dirty.

...Yeah I dont like that idea. Could monster protagonist ever work for a long lasting series? Besides like actual monsters lol
Eh tbf they thought the franchise was done with Gow 3 so him being a rage fueled in the third run was probably what was intended

Oh it's still bigger than SF, in terms of sales and general recognizability MK trounces SF (And most fighting games series) but in terms of dedicated playerbase it tends to fall off way more heavily than SF does.

Best way I've heard someone put it, people buy Mortal Kombat but people play Street Fighter.
I wonder why

Ok so i did a bit of research MK1 sold 3 million in a little over 2 months since launch, SF6 sold 2 million or 2.47 or so million in less then a 1 month after launch

Not a huge difference, Capcom sold almost close NRS numbers in lesser time

Back