• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
God Only Fears You (Kratos vs Doomslayer) [God Of War vs DOOM]
Brandon Yates
9,410 views Premiered Nov 16, 2023

9,410 clicks in 1 day for a fan commissioned music work

This is close to chasing some of the more popular works by Brandon Yates for Season 7 (March 2023 onwards). Like:
Can U Feel That (Gigachad vs Ricardo Milos) [Halloween Special] w/@lnfotron
36,285 views Nov 1, 2023
Flash Back (Denji vs Yuji) [Jujutsu Kaisen vs Chainsaw Man]
16,753 views Nov 1, 2023
Our Benefactors (Big Brother vs The Combine) [1984 vs Half-Life]
10,753 views Nov 8, 2023
Crowned Cruelty (Magolor vs Merlina) [Kirby vs Sonic]
9,535 views Nov 4, 2023

Oh my. Kratos has a lot of fans and Kratos vs Doom Slayer seems quite liked. Will it push KratoSura to or hinder it from getting into the TOC finals

IMG_2399.jpg
Oh. Sudge is losing steam. Is Undertale and OFF getting "off" the steam?

I get that but where is the idea even coming from?
Cell was speculated and hyped by fans to appear in Dragon Ball Super: Super Heroes - then we have Cell Max instead. Instead of having a flirting and overconfident over talkative gentleman, we have a mad bull just focusing on destruction and nothing else.

But while Cell is killed by Gohan before further able to achieve his better potential, Dr. Hedo of the revived Red Ribbon Army created an "improved" version of Cell, Cell Max.

Cell Max wank for Cell? Uhhh technically they were made from same blueprints so he scales lol?

Yeah nah, theres legit no way.
Yeah no-one seriously believes that however if Cell does get some of the anime only scaling (From Toei and the filler arcs) then things get interesting. IIRC DB did reference Goku moving from Outworld to Hell and (Saiyan Saga) Vegeta effortlessly blowing up a planet as legitimate feats, so its within the realm of possibility.

Yeah no-one seriously believes that however if Cell does get some of the anime only scaling (From Toei and the filler arcs) then things get interesting. IIRC DB did reference Goku moving from Outworld to Hell and (Saiyan Saga) Vegeta effortlessly blowing up a planet as legitimate feats, so its within the realm of possibility.
The last time we saw Cell in the Anime was when he got one-shot by Paikon but if you're generous then GT Scaling goes brrr thanks to his fight with GT Goku.

DEATH BATTLE: “We don’t want to do this MU because personas of people count as real life people”

Also DEATH BATTLE: “We are totallt down for Scott the Woz to appear on cast to debate himself against Scott Pilgrim and it would be a good episode to introduce youtubers in the show! Also, we did Macho Man Randy Savage VS the Kool-Aid Man because Chad James begged us to do so!”

They are not just liars, they are so terribly bad at it.

Damn archie silver just stalemated lucifer morningstar, this wiki really is washed

Toei scaling goes so unbelievably hard for Cell, just DBZ alone has him being so much stronger than Frieza to a comical degree and toei Frisbee is already ridiculously high into multi solar system level. GT scaling I think just makes him straight up low mutiversal since I think he scales to Buu by then.

DEATH BATTLE: “We don’t want to do this MU because personas of people count as real life people”

Also DEATH BATTLE: “We are totallt down for Scott the Woz to appear on cast to debate himself against Scott Pilgrim and it would be a good episode to introduce youtubers in the show! Also, we did Macho Man Randy Savage VS the Kool-Aid Man because Chad James begged us to do so!”

They are not just liars, they are so terribly bad at it.
Considering they said “we’re not interested in dipping our toes back in that pool anytime soon”, it’s likely them referring to their experience WITH MachoAids lol.

A lot of people forget but they got a lot of blowback and some crew members even got death threats over how things relating to Macho Man got handled and there was certainly harassment over it. I imagine they’re not eager to do something similar anytime soon

This entire poll was a Goddamn farce in that case. Actually fücking BRIMSTONE
Also not sure where you’re getting the idea that this whole thing was a farce just because they said they probably wouldn’t do one matchup and said SCP would be hard to research (which they’ve said before lol). Like it was a known fact going into this poll that some matchups just aren’t going to happen for one factor or another.

If anything the poll HAS shown them stuff to pay attention to. In this very same Ballot Banter they mention that they’ve seen a lot of requests for Touhou and that people clearly want to see it, so they should use it in the future.

Y’all are so insanely negative here and manage to get the most ludicrously weird readings of everyone involved.

Considering they said “we’re not interested in dipping our toes back in that pool anytime soon”, it’s likely them referring to their experience WITH MachoAids lol.

A lot of people forget but they got a lot of blowback and some crew members even got death threats over how things relating to Macho Man got handled and there was certainly harassment over it. I imagine they’re not eager to do something similar anytime soon

Also not sure where you’re getting the idea that this whole thing was a farce just because they said they probably wouldn’t do one matchup and said SCP would be hard to research (which they’ve said before lol). Like it was a known fact going into this poll that some matchups just aren’t going to happen for one factor or another.

If anything the poll HAS shown them stuff to pay attention to. In this very same Ballot Banter they mention that they’ve seen a lot of requests for Touhou and that people clearly want to see it, so they should use it in the future.

Y’all are so insanely negative here and manage to get the most ludicrously weird readings of everyone involved.
Do you have something better to do besides meatglaze every decision the DB crew makes regardless of their merit?

I still believe the main blow back for MachoAids was literally because it ******* sucked. Absolutely them getting death threats sucks, but the episode itself was horrible in terms of writing. They can do it again with AVGN and NC but just make to a regular DB

good no SCP nonscence the better

winner
question is what touhou MU would be a good introduction to the series

Do you have something better to do besides meatglaze every decision the DB crew makes regardless of their merit?
If you think this is glazing then idk what to tell you dawg.

you’ve seen me talk abt DB at all you know I have my issues with the show and what they’ve done in the past, even this season I’ve complained about stuff, but if I see arguments or criticisms or statements that I think are just wrong or in bad faith I’m gonna say something about them.

People always assume the worst of the team over the silliest little things and it’s honestly pretty sad to watch. Despite any issues with their work they’re real people and deserve respect. so if I see something like misreading what they’re saying or calling them liars or assuming the worst id like to say something at least.

Maybe the fact I have to keep saying something here is sort of indicative of something.

If you think this is glazing then idk what to tell you dawg.

you’ve seen me talk abt DB at all you know I have my issues with the show and what they’ve done in the past, even this season I’ve complained about stuff, but if I see arguments or criticisms or statements that I think are just wrong or in bad faith I’m gonna say something about them.

People always assume the worst of the team over the silliest little things and it’s honestly pretty sad to watch. Despite any issues with their work they’re real people and deserve respect. so if I see something like misreading what they’re saying or calling them liars or assuming the worst id like to say something at least.

Maybe the fact I have to keep saying something here is sort of indicative of something.
yeah pretty much kirb has critique the team before lol he ain't no shill

I've been lurking for a hot minute so I wanted to give my take on the matter:

I can understand the hesitation when it comes to Death Battle doing Angry Video Game Nerd vs Nostalgia Critic as a potential MU in the future. Not only could (key word being: COULD) it end up being a total disaster like MachoAids and cause the DB team to receive death threats for how they handled the episode, but I'd argue it slips into a similar territory as JB vs RB where it involves the caricatures of real life people fighting to the death and potentially resulting in a gruesome or violent death for either AVGN or NC. So I think that for the sake of transparency and not invoking the same mistakes they made in the past, DB would likely want to speak to James Rolfe and Doug Walker on the manner and get their consent to involve their characters in a Death Battle with the knowledge one of them will die in the end.

Is it unfortunate for those who like the MU and feel bummed out that DB didn't include it when voted on? You can say that, but DB is a business at the end of the day and they're a business which has to make choices that benefit the company without risking a loss of reputation.

@Kirbonic_Pikmin alright if there interested we gotta talk what Touhou mu would be feasible to sell
Sakuya vs Hit and Kasen vs Fleetway are imho the best ones to try and sell as starting Touhou episodes to get the verse on the show. After that other things like Jack vs Cirno, Marisa vs Yuffie, Remilia vs Rachel, Flan vs Marx, Reimu vs Mars/Arle/Strange etc etc would be easier to sell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back